It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darvond: I don't quite feel like the risky click.
Seb7: I am sure it has been checked by Mod already ;)
As the fellow with the Red Green avatar said, this isn't a forum with personal moderation. They don't have a staff of moderation whose presence is made public. (Baffling, that.) If not for color coding and badges alone, I wouldn't be able to tell who is, and their number is unknown.

Most other forums have a staff list so you know who to look for and contact.
Darvond: I wonder if mental health is included in that bill of benefits, or given the sort of "practices" they have, if mental health is a dirty phrase.
We simply don't have mental health.
Darvond: I wonder if mental health is included in that bill of benefits, or given the sort of "practices" they have, if mental health is a dirty phrase.
Breja: We simply don't have mental health.
That explains far too much.
I wrote a really long post...and I deleted it lol and feel great! :D
it was about deleted posts and my banned friends.
All you have to do is provoke a bit more, especially on personal grounds ;)

My clever friend said: Seeking the truth is "smart." He is using whole brain.

You will see that Mods operating as silent service mostly. I like links.
requested list : https://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_regulations
requested Mods activity : https://www.gog.com/forum/general/we_are_under_attack_again/post1150
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_fr/participez_au_concours_dhallowen_et_tentez_de_gagner_pumpkin_jack/post1
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/no_support_staff_ignoring_messages/post44

And I have been well informed (in excess lol) that any personal stuff can`t go on forum as it is "asking for ban activity"
personal issues here

and just to make it clear
I do not work for Gog, I work for Yahshua ^

Have you ever visited other languages forums here?
English / Worldwide
German / Worldwide
French / Worldwide
Polish / Worldwide
Russian / Worldwide
Chinese / Worldwide
read in English or translate to any other language.

edit: just found key Support staff list
Attachments:
Post edited November 03, 2020 by user deleted
Seb7: There was a live-in gardener position in Buckingham Palace lately in 2019 and a wage was...
https://www.countryliving.com/uk/news/a27159909/buckingham-palace-job-gardener-queen/
not sure if that would be enough for everyone, still I would take it if I could, depend on soil quality, yet this is up to gardener to even replace a soil if necessary.

...and I guess, only guess, that Country Lead - France wages, and most of the offers are higher than of Gardener position, and again not everyone would like to work with plants or computers. I think the "I love my job factor" is primo over all.

Personally I am totally supporting Universal Basic Income idea, that way people will work for work not for money, and the outcome would be much greater than from people forced to work for food and bills, and a cup of hot chocolate. (yh me too)
Firstly live in gardener queen i mean where would be the room, am i right bitches? (for anyone who doesn't get the joke and likes having them spoilt by explanation; i was implying the position was inside a gay person who looked after themselves).

Secondly and not to sound political just a logical exploration of the concept, people on a universal basic income firstly could create more small local tax paying businesses in countries that have problems with larger corporate 'citizens' not doing so; and on top of that if a society doesn't know how to keep them appropriately in meaningful employment, you'd find them able to volunteer where they identify as of being of utility without having to worry about having to effectively have a second job for the bills to do so.

Also i don't think GOG is that unique as a company trying to stack things in their favor if a low wage is your metric; that's capitalism 101 baby.
Seb7: I am sure it has been checked by Mod already ;)
Timboli: On what basis?

Maybe you don't realize it, but MODs are rarely ever here ... certainly going by their responses ... or lack of.
Most MODs everywhere, tend to rely on others reporting issues.
They do of course from time to time keep an eye on certain individuals, but that's about it.
GOG are seriously understaffed according to everything I have heard and seen.
In fact, if you go back about 3 or 4 months, and it was like all the MODs bar one had perished.
from personal experience they're like traffic cops.
Barely one on the side of the road if it's not the main traffic artery... until they decide to have a blitz because shits stirred the hive to switch metaphor.
As in there's not much here but occasionally they'll put boots on the ground and do an old fashion mafia shakedown to make sure your paying your dues.
Just a little over zealousness to have fear keep the peace over the interim period they can't watch on the unkillable teleprompter.
Post edited November 03, 2020 by MaceyNeil
Seb7: There was a live-in gardener position in Buckingham Palace lately in 2019 and a wage was...
https://www.countryliving.com/uk/news/a27159909/buckingham-palace-job-gardener-queen/
not sure if that would be enough for everyone, still I would take it if I could, depend on soil quality, yet this is up to gardener to even replace a soil if necessary.

...and I guess, only guess, that Country Lead - France wages, and most of the offers are higher than of Gardener position, and again not everyone would like to work with plants or computers. I think the "I love my job factor" is primo over all.

Personally I am totally supporting Universal Basic Income idea, that way people will work for work not for money, and the outcome would be much greater than from people forced to work for food and bills, and a cup of hot chocolate. (yh me too)
MaceyNeil: Firstly live in gardener queen i mean where would be the room, am i right bitches? (for anyone who doesn't get the joke and likes having them spoilt by explanation; i was implying the position was inside a gay person who looked after themselves).

Secondly and not to sound political just a logical exploration of the concept, people on a universal basic income firstly could create more small local tax paying businesses in countries that have problems with larger corporate 'citizens' not doing so; and on top of that if a society doesn't know how to keep them appropriately in meaningful employment, you'd find them able to volunteer where they identify as of being of utility without having to worry about having to effectively have a second job for the bills to do so.

Also i don't think GOG is that unique as a company trying to stack things in their favor if a low wage is your metric; that's capitalism 101 baby.
Timboli: On what basis?

Maybe you don't realize it, but MODs are rarely ever here ... certainly going by their responses ... or lack of.
Most MODs everywhere, tend to rely on others reporting issues.
They do of course from time to time keep an eye on certain individuals, but that's about it.
GOG are seriously understaffed according to everything I have heard and seen.
In fact, if you go back about 3 or 4 months, and it was like all the MODs bar one had perished.
MaceyNeil: from personal experience they're like traffic cops.
Barely one on the side of the road if it's not the main traffic artery... until they decide to have a blitz because shits stirred the hive to switch metaphor.
As in there's not much here but occasionally they'll put boots on the ground and do an old fashion mafia shakedown to make sure your paying your dues.
Just a little over zealousness to have fear keep the peace over the interim period they can't watch on the unkillable teleprompter.
What a provocative troll, I got a song for you :D
SKisM - Experts Official Video

Reassuming, If you like a job you are going around the globe for it, if you don`t then no.
Post edited November 05, 2020 by user deleted
Well, this went a direction didn't it?
Linko64: Well, this went a direction didn't it?
Ah, wee bit. I may have intended to stoke a fire or two.
If I didn't have a family and everything, which is a huge anchor, a few years ago I would probably even considered an offer like that. I do have the expertise, I'd love to learn the language, Warsaw is a beautiful city, I like the ideas of GOG and CDPG (or, used too). Wages and terms are up to negotiation, they either had met my requirements, or not. As a senior dev, it's not like I'm starving for jobs, exactly.

What would keep me nowadays (except from the family anchor) is really the political situation in Poland. From what I heard from Polish friends the ruling PIS party has indeed done a lot for the poor people, but the rest is pretty much V for Vendetta scary bad guy stuff. And Germany is moving to the far right enough as we speak (to counter "right wing populism" the established parties become the "better Nazis" to draw voted from the avowed Nazis).

And another thing is the visible turnover in GOG staff in the last years, combined with an ever-increasing radio-silence towards the community. Never a good sign for a good and healthy corp climate.
Employees in a business like that should chill out on the forums, keep in contact, like it used to be. No harm in discussion how to get a game to run in Wine or talking about personal favourites.
That not happening any more show that "the company" is either afraid of the customers, afraid that dirty things might leak, or that the employees stopped to care. Or both.

Back in the day, when EnigmaticT still dropped his release hints, when Judas still discussed Linux on the forums, when we talked with Firek about the art of bows, then, if I had been free, I probably would have applied. I even considered it, family and all, but practical reasons were very much in the way.
Nowadays... I really doubt it'd be a good idea, maybe for a youngster to earn some credit, but not for one who has the luxury to choose where to work.
Linko64: Well, this went a direction didn't it?
Darvond: Ah, wee bit. I may have intended to stoke a fire or two.
They tend to rise when there's little to no moderation in all fairness
Darvond: Ah, wee bit. I may have intended to stoke a fire or two.
Linko64: They tend to rise when there's little to no moderation in all fairness
As I said earlier; even knowing -who- is on staff to the forums would go a long way towards improving things.
toxicTom: And another thing is the visible turnover in GOG staff in the last years, combined with an ever-increasing radio-silence towards the community. Never a good sign for a good and healthy corp climate.
Employees in a business like that should chill out on the forums, keep in contact, like it used to be. No harm in discussion how to get a game to run in Wine or talking about personal favourites.
That not happening any more show that "the company" is either afraid of the customers, afraid that dirty things might leak, or that the employees stopped to care. Or both.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/12/gogs-community-manager-was-fired-for-offensive-tweets/?

Was this the tipping point because i remember a much younger GOG before it that decided to use shutting it's service down as a jape on it's own customers; which they felt they were pretty cool for.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gogcom-closure-a-gag/1100-6276661/

Seems they couldn't care less; yet can't cope with chilling the hell down, makes me think they need some sort of moderate.
Maybe some moderate moderators.
I suppose they could get rid of forums altogether and let peoples voices go where they can't censor them and hence aren't responsible for.
Pretty sure most would end up on steam and reddit.
MaceyNeil: Seems they couldn't care less; yet can't cope with chilling the hell down, makes me think they need some sort of moderate.
I suppose they could get rid of forums altogether and let peoples voices go where they can't censor them and hence aren't responsible for.
I feel that there's potential for a working forum, and I've even suggested open source systems that they could employ, so it's down to them putting it to the task to actually see it though.
MaceyNeil: Seems they couldn't care less; yet can't cope with chilling the hell down, makes me think they need some sort of moderate.
Darvond: I feel that there's potential for a working forum, and I've even suggested open source systems that they could employ, so it's down to them putting it to the task to actually see it though.
It's ultimately a question of an open or closed system; which materialistically has nothing to do with it being based on open source code.
If it's a closed system the way you get rid of the burden is being ultimately hyper restrictive.
If they want nothing to reflect badly on the games/dealings/company they are going to need canned response drop downs and one heck of a back end of only scripted language that can be used.
On the other end of the spectrum is it being the wild west but ultimately having no responsibility to it or for it.
The in between is the inefficient tangled mess of conflicting interests that ultimately is managed closely thus requiring an untenable amount of manpower (girlpower or otherwise).
The best solution is to simply have company positions where required and by position i mean mantra/what GOG is about and no forum to moderate because the forums will exist anyway and you'll only ever play whack a mole with freely speaking people who can & do take their opinions to a multitude of places.
It can't be contained even under a closed system and with legal obstruction; it will simply move to the dark web in such a case, and more importantly the radio silence would get deafening and speak volumes.
Darvond: Also, the cultural issues, which I've avoided mentioning up to this point. To put it frankly, I don't think I'd feel very welcome in Poland. I'm Agnostic/Nontheistic, bisexual, and I fully support the LGBTIQA+ spectrum.

Poland is 92.9% Catholic. You can see how this might be a small problem.
That's the first thing that came to my mind. I don't think I could ever give up on the horny bisexual femboy life, so Poland probably wouldn't be a good match for me.