It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're happy to let you all know about the next step we're taking to improve your experience with GOG and discover great games more seamlessly – introducing the quick preview feature showing more details about games at a glance.

Sitting currently at almost 7000 products, including DLCs and extras, it may sometimes feel overwhelming to browse through the catalog looking for "your next adventure". With the quick preview in the catalog, you'll receive the most crucial information on the game by just hovering the cursor over the game tile – take a peek at screenshots, check the rating, discover the game's features and assigned tags. If a game picks your interest you can add it directly to the cart or put it on your wishlist by clicking on the heart, without visiting its page.

We hope that this functionality will further improve the discoverability of the games, and help you find exactly what you want, in the shortest time possible.
Let us know how you like the quick preview in the comments.
Not directly relevant to this feature, but it does remind me of recent frustrations where I was trying to look for Trails of Cold Steel. Just the first game, and I couldn't get to it under the 20+ entries for random dlc outfits and other nonsense from the later series.
Nice feature, great that gog is steadily improving their page.
On a personal level, I have no use for it as I rarely make use of those pages.
high rated
This is nice, doesn't seem particularly important but is nice. However it doesn't work in List view, only Grid view.

I occasionally think that games remain too hard to "discover" here and can get lost, especially when many are released at once. Maybe ensuring lower-selling games get eyeballs somehow might help, whether in smaller sales or in the "Recommended" section.

I wonder if the ability to vote on tags for games would help.

GOG.com: We're happy to let you all know about the next step we're taking to improve your experience with GOG and discover great games more seamlessly – introducing the quick preview feature showing more details about games at a glance.
Shadowstalker16: Can we PLEASE have an ignore games function next? Its tiring to come upon an old obscure game, start researching it and then realize you already read up about it and decided you don't want it multiple times. People have been asking for this feature for years, everyone will have some games they don't want to see or want to filter from results.
Agreed. If GOG doesn't want people to be able to completely hide a game, maybe there could be the ability to select the option to mark a game as "Not Interested", and maybe a small red "x" in the corner of the box art in the store view, or the words "Not Interested" somewhere on the box art / grid or list box in the store view.

--------------------------

Also personally I would like the return of Sort by Date Added. I'm not sure why this hasn't returned unless the staff deleted the "date added" data. :P
Post edited October 06, 2022 by tfishell
JoaoPauloZA: Let's also fix that sorting issue in wishlist where games ordered by date is totally FUBAR listing such games as CP2077 as older than most games.
It was fix just a couple of hours ago. Go take a look...
Not sure if intended, but it only works in the grid view and not in the list view, which is my preferred browsing method.
Post edited October 06, 2022 by idbeholdME
JoaoPauloZA: Let's also fix that sorting issue in wishlist where games ordered by date is totally FUBAR listing such games as CP2077 as older than most games.
Trooper1270: It was fix just a couple of hours ago. Go take a look...
I misspoke. I meant the date sorting(oldest first) feature in our libraries. Lists Cyberpunk as the oldest game I have. lol
Even older than Dink Smallwood. ;-) No biggie
Post edited October 06, 2022 by JoaoPauloZA
Thank you,GOG
MarkoH01: What I can say is that the language overview is completely useless in this state since it is just mentioning English no matter if there are additional languages provied or not.
저기: The quick preview displays the selected gog.com website language, if included in the game.
Ah thank you. I have suspected something like this already. Short sighted development ideas just like I'd expect from GOG.
The previews are a nice improvement!

Also, it would be nice if there was a checkbox to filter games that are only in the user's wishlist. Could this be added in the future?
Post edited October 06, 2022 by IronArcturus
Trooper1270: It was fix just a couple of hours ago. Go take a look...
JoaoPauloZA: I misspoke. I meant the date sorting(oldest first) feature in our libraries. Lists Cyberpunk as the oldest game I have. lol
Even older than Dink Smallwood. ;-) No biggie
"Newest first" ist bugged as well ... but like I say, GOG rather adds new features nobody asked them for instead of fixing old features or adding those that were asked for since years. These are things I will NEVER understand. They have a customer base and all they'd need to do is to ask them what they want (in this thread alone you will find several of them) instead of investing time and money into some strange new features they simply assume their customer could want. This is such a wrong business policy ... and it is the reason why they invested probably thousand of working hours on a client that isn't accepted by quite a large section of their customers because it is still missing basic features ... and I don't even want to mention the fact that updates that constantly ignore those missing features are far too rare as well.
Post edited October 06, 2022 by MarkoH01
May I suggest to have the main game trailer autoplayed if a set time (of ~ 5s) expires?
Very similar to previewing feature cards on the popular movie streaming platforms.
high rated
i_ni: May I suggest to have the main game trailer autoplayed if a set time (of ~ 5s) expires?
You may. To which I would respond that autoplaying videos are just about the most annoying thing any website can have, and it would turn this new feature from "possibly ok" to "well, I guess I hate browsing the store now".
Feature was sorely missing, thanks.
Finally! Thank you!
nice feature