It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Austrobogulator: I think I may have missed the explanation, but what is stopping people from constantly clicking "buy now" in the hopes of eventually getting a free copy?
The fact there is a unique link associated with your account that's generated when you click "buy now" for a single game. So if it's not free the first time, it won't become free.
Not sure if it changes between the rounds, though.
Austrobogulator: I think I may have missed the explanation, but what is stopping people from constantly clicking "buy now" in the hopes of eventually getting a free copy?
I'm assuming it only does that after you continue through to payment.. although even then you would be able to do it by canceling the Paypal payment (assuming that is your payment method).
anyone has an inquisitor code? i missed it
ExiL0n: The fact there is a unique link associated with your account that's generated when you click "buy now" for a single game. So if it's not free the first time, it won't become free.
Not sure if it changes between the rounds, though.
I'm preparing to test it when the third round starts.
Smannesman: I'm assuming it only does that after you continue through to payment.. although even then you would be able to do it by canceling the Paypal payment (assuming that is your payment method).
no you get if free right after clicking buy now

--

i had a free game this way
Will there be other games than the first 100 *waits for a ground control sale*
I'd assume there are some internal prerequisites. Now can someone blast away my first assumption, and tell me that they have won a free game without ANY purchases from the sale?
Smannesman: I'm assuming it only does that after you continue through to payment.. although even then you would be able to do it by canceling the Paypal payment (assuming that is your payment method).
Nope. If it's free (like my copy of Shadowman), it just skips the checkout cart and goes straight to "purchase completed".

They implemented the "roll for free-ness check once, then cache the answer" logic within GOG's "buy now" mechanism.
Post edited May 13, 2014 by ssokolow
Aron: Will there be other games than the first 100 *waits for a ground control sale*
Judging from the Fall Insomnia sale pattern, I would say no.
Aron: Will there be other games than the first 100 *waits for a ground control sale*
No. The games listed in the first post are the only ones in the sale.
Neverfree: ARGHHHHHHHH WHHYYYYY D: the only time I don't watch is the time Warlords pops up -.-
Has anyone gifted it to you since you wrote that?
Tarnicus: I'd assume there are some internal prerequisites. Now can someone blast away my first assumption, and tell me that they have won a free game without ANY purchases from the sale?
me -- no purchase and free game

EDIT
actually i bought a game AFTER having the free one

EDIT2
imho there are so many ways the randomness can be "adjusted" for particular users that it's just impossible to guess
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Ungunbu
And we are still trucking along with Shattered Haven!

I'm thinking it over and can't decide on much else I'll get if I see them come around this sale. I think I'll take a chance in Sin, but I was AFK the first two times it rolled around. But hey, theres always the summer sale if I miss it in round three.
Pidgeot: No. The games listed in the first post are the only ones in the sale.
Oh ok. Thanks. The sale is good though *bought driftmoon, the last express and race the sun for next to nothing =D*

Have fun guys.
Dumann: I noticed the word 'Keane' being used a lot for slow selling games. Was Jack Keane the game that lasted for ages during the last insomnia sale? Would love to hear the full story on that one!
Pidgeot: Yes, that was Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within.

Not much to say other than what you know - it took forever to sell, and became a meme as a result.

That, of course, was the reason they trolled us with 18000 fake copies at the end of round 1 - fortunately that wasn't real, and it quickly went away for the start of round 2 :)
Well ehm, I didn't know that this happened last year as I was too late to join that one. But my friend who sits next to me through the whole insomnia sale actually bought Jack Keane 2: The fire Within before the were "sold out".
And he actually has a key and all. So my guess would be, yes it was a joke, they probably put a random big number in the end and let it count down fast. But if you were fast enough, you actually got a key. :P
Post edited May 13, 2014 by DarkRiddle