It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Napoleon_XIX: I'm thinking of picking up Torchlight and Arcanum when they pass by. Anyone have any experience of these two, or indeed any others in a similar vein to recommend?
Arcanum is awesome (but dated graphically). Every choice matters, the writing is excellent, combat is fun and it was ahead of the curve on crafting. Also it has one of those historical movie endings where it sums up everything you did and didn't accomplish: "The widow Roberts was never reunited with her son and died alone, some would say of sadness" -Awww, I'm sorry!!!
djdarko: Glad I'm glad I didn't lose sleeping waiting for Alan Wake and Aarklash to come around last night. :)
Splatsch: The "Humans must answer" game seems to have lasted a loooong time compared to others... Good thing for all the "must have gone sleep" of us ;)
Almost 3½ hours, and nearly the same time as Alan Wake's American Nightmare in round 2.
Bummed I missed Warlords during my walk to work, but still eagerly anticipating Betrayal at Krondor!
Splatsch: The "Humans must answer" game seems to have lasted a loooong time compared to others... Good thing for all the "must have gone sleep" of us ;)
Niggles: Hopefully something tasty gets stuck for the next 7 hours after im asleep... just for you guys so you can experience the power of the Keane as well ;)
Well..... I can't hope for this to happen XD (But of course it would be good thing for you. ;) )
Niggles: Hopefully something tasty gets stuck for the next 7 hours after im asleep... just for you guys so you can experience the power of the Keane as well ;)
I noticed the word 'Keane' being used a lot for slow selling games. Was Jack Keane the game that lasted for ages during the last insomnia sale? Would love to hear the full story on that one!
Pidgeot: Almost 3½ hours, and nearly the same time as Alan Wake's American Nightmare in round 2.
Well... a little "Keane effect". Never experienced the original but give a little taste :)
I remember the Deus Ex moment with the Time Machine Sale, that was also interesting...
Pidgeot: Round 2, game 48: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:10:42 UTC: Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, The - 80% off ($3.99) - 200

This one might take a while.
20 to go and I already paid my community tax by buying this in the first round when I already own it! :P
Pidgeot: Round 2, game 48: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:10:42 UTC: Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, The - 80% off ($3.99) - 200

This one might take a while.
Tarnicus: 20 to go and I already paid my community tax by buying this in the first round when I already own it! :P
hahahaha good one :D
Napoleon_XIX: I'm thinking of picking up Torchlight and Arcanum when they pass by. Anyone have any experience of these two, or indeed any others in a similar vein to recommend?
Torchlight is okay, but forgettable. Arcanum is a lovely game, if you like to spend hours in RPGs then go for it. Make sure you get the essential mods. and make sure turn-based combat is enabled.
Post edited May 13, 2014 by ladystrange
Dumann: I noticed the word 'Keane' being used a lot for slow selling games. Was Jack Keane the game that lasted for ages during the last insomnia sale? Would love to hear the full story on that one!
Yes, that was Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within.

Not much to say other than what you know - it took forever to sell, and became a meme as a result.

That, of course, was the reason they trolled us with 18000 fake copies at the end of round 1 - fortunately that wasn't real, and it quickly went away for the start of round 2 :)
IAmSinistar: I'm back, thanks again to the folks who were keeping an eye out for my wishlist!
I grabbed it all on Steam for you! :P

And sorry IAmSinistar I know you would have preferred uPlay or Origin :)
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Tarnicus
Book of Unwritten Tales went a little quicker than round 1 - guess more people are aware of the sale now.

Round 2, game #49: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:36:05 UTC: Shattered Haven - 80% off ($1.99) - 200

Torchlight should be next.
Dumann: I noticed the word 'Keane' being used a lot for slow selling games. Was Jack Keane the game that lasted for ages during the last insomnia sale? Would love to hear the full story on that one!
This is a very long story, realy :)

The first Keaning:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/page82
Pidgeot: Yes, that was Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within.

Not much to say other than what you know - it took forever to sell, and became a meme as a result.

That, of course, was the reason they trolled us with 18000 fake copies at the end of round 1 - fortunately that wasn't real, and it quickly went away for the start of round 2 :)
Could be wrong but it took around 7 hours to get rid of x copies......
YESSS, Free Shattered Heaven :)