It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: Is Papers Please worth it?
Oh, hell yeah it is!

As I'm quite reluctant to give recommendations, this one surely make me do it. Even thou its quite short, its less a game, more like interactive story that - after finishing - really makes you stop and ponder for somewhile. It's worth even its base price.

EDIT: Although I did not meant that its story like some jRPGs, with only a minor clicking! No no no, there's quite a lot to do in it ;) What I meant was... an adventure, perhaps? I'm missing a good, single word for it.

Lets say for me it was one of the best experience in my gaming history, something like first Limbo, Machinarium or first Metro did to me.
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Dexterus
You can have elderly people detained by armed guards, never to be seen again. It's TOTALLY worth it.
It's a pretty (forgive me lord for using this awful word) quirky game. Very unique. Can be pretty funny at times. I've only played about 2 hours worth but given the price I'd say it's worth it. Depends on your disposition on weird little indie games. You may be able to grab it cheaper elsewhere though. I got mine on steam through a bundle if I remember correctly
Managed to get Papers, please. This makes me happy. :)
Seeing that several people watched the promo for hours to snag this game... I'm guessing yes.
It is a good game, if you like simulation style games and it was created by a single individual Lucas Pope. Also won a Bafta Video Game Award, just for trivia. :)
Post edited May 13, 2014 by stg83
iPad is too slow for the "next ups" so I'll leave them in Tarnicus' capable hands until I get home :)

Damn blocks on company web browsers :/
ROUND 2

01 - Theme Park
02 - Luftrausers
03 - Deadly Premonition
04 - Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall
05 - Teslagrad
06 - Blitzkrieg Anthology
07 - Full spectrum warrior: Ten Hammers
08 - Shelter
09 - Quest for Glory 1-5
10 - Race the Sun
11 - Blade of Darkness
12 - The Last Express
13 - Flatout 2
14 - Long Live the Queen
15 - Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
16 - Interstate '76 Arsenal, The
17 - Legends of Grimrock
18 - Police Quest 1 2 3 4
19 - Driftmoon
20 - The Guild, Gold Edition
21 - American McGee's Grimm
22 - Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now
23 - King's Quest 4+5+6
24 - Broken Age, Season Pass
25 - Rise of the Triad (2013)
26 - Etherlords 2
27 - Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
28 - Wasteland 1
29 - Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
30 - Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
31 - Alan Wake's American Nightmare
32 - Still Life
33 - Pirates! Gold Plus
34 - SiN Gold
35 - Hammerwatch
36 - Gobliiins pack
37 - Humans Must Answer
38 - Space Quest 4+5+6
39 - Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!
40 - Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
41 - Gateways
42 - Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition
43 - Papers, Please
Glory has been given to Arstotzka.

Round 2, game #44: Tue, 13 May 2014 11:43:32 UTC: Shadowrun Returns - 66% off ($4.99) - 600
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Pidgeot
Tarnicus: It has gotten a fair bit of praise but sounds pretty depressing, so yeah Papers Please is worth it to some :)
The demo was pretty good.
johnnygoging: by the way. firefox, because somebody decided it was a good idea, will get rid of all of your flash cookies if you clear the cookies with the clear private data dialogue without telling your or giving any indication. this includes things like volume settings for youtube videos. it also includes save games for rpgs like monsters den. yeah.

so bear that in mind. to back that stuff up you'll need to look up how to back up flash cookies and where the folders are.

you could still try manually deleting your webappstore.sqlite file. I'm using firefox, if that isn't what you're using
Shnoorum: I'm not too sure I'm afraid. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about these things so advice from me could be completely worthless but if it's a problem with the browser you could try Alt Cntrl Deleting and closing it throught the task manager to give it a fresh start. Either that or reinstalling it all together? Like I said however these suggestions are potentially and more than likely to be worthless but I can't think of much else
Ok. I finally found the webappstore.sqlite file and deleted it. And closed Firefox, and made a little Ccleaner launch (for cleaning cookies)(I stupidly forgot I had Ccleaner installed and which could solve this...) : IT WORKS.
Thank you so much :D
stg83: Yep, badgers are popular with kids and they probably don't wanna play as an old man in a game. :)
That's it! lol
Sweet. Got Shadowrun Returns :) I think I'm done! Unless.... The Guild Gold Edition pops up next!
Ehi guys! I just stepped in, seeing Paper Please slipping away. Any chance you grabbed a copy I can barter for some other game?
Dammit - missed Space Quest :-(