It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tue, 13 May 2014 10:53:52 UTC: Gateways - 80% off ($0.99) - 300
Heretic to be next?
ROUND 2

01 - Theme Park
02 - Luftrausers
03 - Deadly Premonition
04 - Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall
05 - Teslagrad
06 - Blitzkrieg Anthology
07 - Full spectrum warrior: Ten Hammers
08 - Shelter
09 - Quest for Glory 1-5
10 - Race the Sun
11 - Blade of Darkness
12 - The Last Express
13 - Flatout 2
14 - Long Live the Queen
15 - Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
16 - Interstate '76 Arsenal, The
17 - Legends of Grimrock
18 - Police Quest 1 2 3 4
19 - Driftmoon
20 - The Guild, Gold Edition
21 - American McGee's Grimm
22 - Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now
23 - King's Quest 4+5+6
24 - Broken Age, Season Pass
25 - Rise of the Triad (2013)
26 - Etherlords 2
27 - Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
28 - Wasteland 1
29 - Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
30 - Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
31 - Alan Wake's American Nightmare
32 - Still Life
33 - Pirates! Gold Plus
34 - SiN Gold
35 - Hammerwatch
36 - Gobliiins pack
37 - Humans Must Answer
38 - Space Quest 4+5+6
39 - Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!
40 - Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
41 - Gateways
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Splatsch
stg83: What is this pattern everyone is referring to, it seems like I am too stupid to see it. :0
The current game that popped up is Gateways. It was 82 on round 1 of the list. The next game to follow will be 83 on the list, which is Heretic Kingdoms. Then it will randomly jumped to another number on the list, and the next sequentially on the first list will be the next game. Tiredness is making it more difficult to write clearly :D

082 - Gateways - 80% ($0.99) - 150
083 - Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition - 75% ($1.49)
Niggles: Games seem to appear in pairs

But in random order compared to original list from round 1
stg83: Ah yes, I see it now that is why we got Lone Survivor after Larry like before. :)
Someone mentioned 3 and 4 in a row appeared once but most of the entries seem to be in pairs fwiw
stg83: What is this pattern everyone is referring to, it seems like I am too stupid to see it. :0
Tarnicus: The current game that popped up is Gateways. It was 82 on round 1 of the list. The next game to follow will be 83 on the list, which is Heretic Kingdoms. Then it will randomly jumped to another number on the list, and the next sequentially on the first list will be the next game. Tiredness is making it more difficult to write clearly :D

082 - Gateways - 80% ($0.99) - 150
083 - Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition - 75% ($1.49)
so it's untrue that only games at odd positions can be random
Tarnicus: *snip*
No, you explained it really well thanks. I got it after Niggles also mentioned that the games are appearing in pairs. :)
Knofbath: Try the old PD(Public Domain) ROM images for the SNES, that's about as low as you can go and still maintain your eyesight.
Tarnicus: I remember grabbing stuff from bulletin boards on my friend's "super fast" 300 baud modem. From what I can tell, that was the equivalent of about 1/10th of dial-up!
I remember the 14.4k modems, and the 56k(which I could never get past about 38k because I lived out in the sticks). You could watch the jpgs download line by line, and downloading a wav file took about 5 hours.

Fortunately I never had to deal with anything lower, though I remember learning about PINE and GOPHER even though they weren't relevant anymore.
omg -- i just can't spend all day waiting for aarklash -- is anyone willing to buy an extra copy for me? i can exchange it with another $5 game of your choice
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Ungunbu
johnnygoging: gentlement what you have to do is get rid of your DOM storage.

you can do this two ways.

open the clear private data dialogue and click to clear your cookies with the time range being everything. it will only clear the DOM data if you click everything.

alternatively you can manually remove your webappstore.sqlite file from your profile folder.

You might actually want to back it up because it does store data relevant to web applications.

when it's gone firefox will just make a new one.

open your browser consoles when you load the page and see what it says. does it mentioned about any files being corrupted?

you would do well to report this to gog.com via their support channel.

oh and also I take no responsibility and so on if you your computer spanks your ass red and gets mad if you delete the DOM storage or other such things.
Shnoorum: Worked like a charm. Thank you very much. You are a saint and a scholar!
no worries about it

open the clear private data dialogue and click to clear your cookies with the time range being everything. it will only clear the DOM data if you click everything.

alternatively you can manually remove your webappstore.sqlite file from your profile folder.

You might actually want to back it up because it does store data relevant to web applications.

open your browser consoles when you load the page and see what it says. does it mentioned about any files being corrupted?

oh and also I take no responsibility and so on if you your computer spanks your ass red and gets mad if you delete the DOM storage or other such things.

just back up your whole profile before you do anything with the DOM storage in your folder either by clearing it or deleting it
I naviguate in almost private mode usually, and configured Firefox to clean everything when I close it. But I tried to delete cookies (and visited websites etc..). Is this files what you call "DOM" ?
I don't have any webappstore.sqlite file (maybe because I don't let firefox store any things).
No change at all.

The part with the browser console begin to be a little difficult for me ^^" Where do I do this ?

And I sent a ticket.

(but thanks for help :))

Shnoorum: Worked like a charm. Thank you very much. You are a saint and a scholar!
johnnygoging: no worries about it
I must have done something wrong... I try again.
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Splatsch
Ungunbu: so it's untrue that only games at odd positions can be random
Yup the first pair was 58 & 59 and 63 was the first number. I started writing the pattern down before I got too tired:

63(Theme Park), 58, 59, 52, 53, 67, 68, 19, 20, 28, 29, 49, 50, 51, 10, 11, 64, 65, 91, 92, 77, 78, 84, 85, 38, 39, 98(Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)), 99

Since we've only had 1 or 2 singles (the initial number 63 and then the possible run of three 49, 50, 51 or that could be a single with a pair).

Given that numbers 100, 1 and 2 (all consecutive if you look at the pattern as a circle rather than a line) haven't come up, that tells us that:

a/ there will be a run of 3 - 100, 1, 2 or
b/ a single and a pair - 100 & 1, 2 or 100, 1 & 2

Am curious as to how this plays out. If 100 comes up and 1 follows and 2 doesn't, that will mean I will go to sleep praying for better luck for Aarklash in round 2! lol
Knofbath: IYou could watch the jpgs download line by line, and downloading a wav file took about 5 hours.
Your description of watching jpgs download reminded me of the surprise I got when I heard a sound that was once very familiar - that of a dot matrix printer printing!
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Tarnicus

just back up your whole profile before you do anything with the DOM storage in your folder either by clearing it or deleting it
Splatsch: I naviguate in almost private mode usually, and configured Firefox to clean everything when I close it. But I tried to delete cookies (and visited websites etc..). Is this files what you call "DOM" ?
I don't have any webappstore.sqlite file (maybe because I don't let firefox store any things).
No change at all.

The part with the browser console begin to be a little difficult for me ^^" Where do I do this ?

And I sent a ticket.

(but thanks for help :))

johnnygoging: no worries about it
Splatsch: I must have done something wrong... I try again.
I just clicked history at the top left, clear recent history, unchecked everything but cookies, and set the time frame to everything. I don't have a full understanding of cookies but as he stated you might want to back them up. I didn't bother though
Any opinions of Gateways?
Austrobogulator: Any opinions of Gateways?
Someone seemed to think it was similar to Portal.... i cant comment as im not into these types of games :/