It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleuz: Are we really still in Round 2? I'm still trying to wake up ... :s
Dexterus: I'm more than surprised to see this as well. Apparently, someone at GOG's HQ really pushed the boat out when planning the quantities for Round 2.
Will there even be a round 3 at this point..... My eyes are burning.... :(

This really is one of the most evil sale formats. It was a Monday for God's sake....
Post edited May 13, 2014 by deleuz
Orionos: I went to the site as soon as the email arrived announcing it, but they were already at around game 50. At least the first round went fast. They should give free games to anyone that can guess the closest time to when round 2 and 3 will complete.
I don't follow - would you, please, elaborate why they should?
Orionos: I went to the site as soon as the email arrived announcing it, but they were already at around game 50. At least the first round went fast. They should give free games to anyone that can guess the closest time to when round 2 and 3 will complete.
HypersomniacLive: I don't follow - would you, please, elaborate why they should?
Exactly.
If there's any free game giving, it should be done with me as the recipient, and I'm not good at guessing stuff.

Waiting for FTL, Shattered Haven and Papers Please. Nnoe of those have appeared during round 2 so I'm hoping to see them today.
high rated
Tarnicus: That's my favourite game!

Quest 1: research game thoroughly
Quest 2: find cheapest price for it (this is an awesome quest!)
Quest 3: Buy more than 1 copy if possible, in order to share the joy of my research on how good the game appears to others
Quest 4: Give away game(s)
Quest 5: Download, install, create character(s) then...

*POOF*

Quest 1: research game....

I'm caught in an infinite time loop!
Sounds pretty good, but it's missing a vital (to me) step - make sure it comes in the form of a standalone DRM-free installer.
Dexterus: I'm more than surprised to see this as well. Apparently, someone at GOG's HQ really pushed the boat out when planning the quantities for Round 2.
deleuz: Will there even be a round 3 at this point..... My eyes are burning.... :(

This really is one of the most evil sale formats. It was a Monday for God's sake....
The last Insomnia Sale started on a Wednesday and lasted for 6 days.
Yeah I got the email well and truly after it had started. I missed the first 8 games of round 1 and only 1 game in round 2 that I wanted to get another gift copy of.

They are giving free games to anyone who clicks a buy link on the sale if you get lucky :) I've managed 1 so far.
high rated
grimgroove: Exactly.
If there's any free game giving, it should be done with me as the recipient, and I'm not good at guessing stuff.

[...]
Does GOG know? :-P
deleuz: Will there even be a round 3 at this point..... My eyes are burning.... :(

zillatain: The last Insomnia Sale started on a Wednesday and lasted for 6 days.
Sure would have been a lot shorter if not for Jack Keane, Cognition,Eador, Retro City Rampage (number 2 for slowness behind Jack i think) and several other slugs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the last Insomnia sale...
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Niggles
KyleCS: I read that the first four discounts of the 2nd round was a glitch.
Thanx Kyle and Belaur.
A bit in blur, after this short short chunck of sleep...
Turns out there's literally no reason for me to sit in my office today, so I'm working from home! That also means I can post live updates.

Tue, 13 May 2014 09:05:14 UTC: Space Quest 4+5+6 - 75% off ($2.49) - 500

HypersomniacLive: Are you sure about this? Could you give us an example?
phandom: I think this was the case with Luftrausers. It was only 40% off so people didn't rush to get it.
You should ask pidgeot for more details, I didn't keep record of everything that happened
Luftrausers was up for 3:37 @ 200 copies, but I think the reason it sold so fast was that people hadn't noticed the pricing glitch - it was the first incorrectly priced game of the second round, and even so, it's a very new game, so a 50% discount would be very reasonable in a regular sale.
HypersomniacLive: Sounds pretty good, but it's missing a vital (to me) step - make sure it comes in the form of a standalone DRM-free installer.
That step was paramount to me until I got swept up in bundles from so many sites where Steam *seemed* to be a good place to keep things in one spot, especially as I moved into a house with fixed line internet for the first time in 3 years. Now I'm really starting to question the effects of those practices on gaming development and distribution, such as was the case with Broken Age (as per this thread http://www.gog.com/forum/broken_age_season_pass/do_kickstarter_backers_get_access/post10)
Awolnation: Sigh, I was hoping to get Lone Survivor but I must go... :( If I am lucky, it will be there when I come back but I doubt it. Good Luck to everyone still here!
foxworks: Lucky indeed :) check your PM
Thank you so much! :D I've been wanting this game since a few days after I created my gog account. You just made me extremely happy. :D You deserve many +1!
Evil, just evil making me wait and see what's next. Curse you GOG!

I've done a great job at working down my backlog log this year, so I'm only going to buy one game at the most, so it's between witcher 2, Two Worlds 2, or System Shock 2.
3 copies of Space Quest left... *gets excited*
Tue, 13 May 2014 09:47:47 UTC: Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! - 75% off ($1.49) - 700