It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mondo84: I might have missed this discussion, but how are people figuring out what the next games are?

If we number the games from round one in order of appearance then the round 2 order looks something like: 47, 48, 15, 16, 83, 84, 85, etc. (I made those up, but just showing the general pattern of pairs or triplets from round one appearing together in round two).

So, when game 47 from round one comes up in round two, people may guess that game 48 is next. But is there any pattern for how it jumps from "48 to 15", or "16 to 83" (just as examples)?
bluey83: So far I don't think anyone has come up with anything for that. Just that they turn up in pairs, with the occasional group of 3.
I see - thanks! I was wondering if someone cracked an algorithm or something like that. :p
I liked "Fresh" though it's the only song from them I know of.
Post edited May 12, 2014 by Messana
Wow, just stopped in before calling it a night and... really? Have we resorted to watching fu-ing Devo already? So soon? Isn't it a bit early to resort to WTF nonsensical insanity? ;)

I hope Alan Wake is up next :)
FoxySage: Almost 4 am here.

Out of curiousity what are you guys doing while waiting for a new game to pop up?
Manse: Hehe playing Interstate '76...such a cool game, especially the funky music.
Did GoG fix all the compatibility issues with I76 or did you stil need to mess around with it to get it to work?
ruddycanuck: Through Being Cool is great classic Devo.
They released a new album back in 2010 and there is a real gem on it "Don't Shoot (I'm a Man)"
Cyberevil: Most people wouldn't know that was playing in the bar scene in the "Heavy Metal" movie, I don't think it was even on the soundtrack
I thought that song was great for that scene, and I only found out that it was from Devo about a few months ago.
Manse: Hehe playing Interstate '76...such a cool game, especially the funky music.
IwubCheeze: Did GoG fix all the compatibility issues with I76 or did you stil need to mess around with it to get it to work?
The only issue I have with it now is having to kill explorer.exe while I play. Otherwise it works pretty good...a few graphical glitches here and there but I chalk that up to my nVidia card...very playable though
Post edited May 12, 2014 by Manse
Ixamyakxim: Wow, just stopped in before calling it a night and... really? Have we resorted to watching fu-ing Devo already? So soon? Isn't it a bit early to resort to WTF nonsensical insanity? ;)

I'm open to other suggestions, but it seemed completely logical at the time *shrug*
ruddycanuck: Could pass a few minutes watching the Devo video for What We Do, also off the 2010 album "Something for Everybody"
Just watched this and it made me laugh since I generally (try to) take credit for being the one that coined "I do what I do"
Post edited May 12, 2014 by Cyberevil
Cyberevil: What's everyone's favorite Devo song? I sort of like Through being Cool myself.

Ouch, that only took off 4...
Whip It :)
Attachments:
Ixamyakxim: Wow, just stopped in before calling it a night and... really? Have we resorted to watching fu-ing Devo already? So soon? Isn't it a bit early to resort to WTF nonsensical insanity? ;)

Cyberevil: I'm open to other suggestions, but it seemed completely logical at the time *shrug*
ruddycanuck: Could pass a few minutes watching the Devo video for What We Do, also off the 2010 album "Something for Everybody"
Cyberevil: Just watched this and it made me laugh since I generally (try to) take credit for being the one that coined "I do what I do"
Oh god no, I can't offer other suggestions that's too randomly perfect for this! Also, my reply included far too many extra quotes, for no good reason - odd.
Post edited May 12, 2014 by Ixamyakxim
mondo84: I see - thanks! I was wondering if someone cracked an algorithm or something like that. :p
I was noting down every number to look for patterns before vagueness from lack of sleep got the better of me and I stopped looking for patterns.
Cyberevil: I'm open to other suggestions, but it seemed completely logical at the time *shrug*

Just watched this and it made me laugh since I generally (try to) take credit for being the one that coined "I do what I do"
Ixamyakxim: Oh god no, I can't offer other suggestions that's too randomly perfect for this! Also, my reply included far too many extra quotes, for no good reason - odd.
Of course the whole thing started when I was pointing out that only 7 copies moved in 30 mins, but nine moved when I was pointing that out, so it followed that I should keep talking ... Seems to be kind of mixed results though, but still better than what we WERE averaging there.

I'd just be happy to talk us into whatever's next, but my time is starting to run short, I get up pretty early and I slept really poorly last night
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Cyberevil
Well I give in, it's 5am and I start work soon so better get at least some sleep! Hopefully Deponia 3 won't have made 2 more appearances by the time I'm back home.

Thanks to IAmSinistar for making this thread and everyone who has been keeping this updated.

It's been fun, makes me wonder why I haven't really frequented the GOG forums until now....

Night all!
IwubCheeze: Did GoG fix all the compatibility issues with I76 or did you stil need to mess around with it to get it to work?
Manse: The only issue I have with it now is having to kill explorer.exe while I play. Otherwise it works pretty good...a few graphical glitches here and there but I chalk that up to my nVidia card...very playable though
If all you did was close explorer.exe to get it to run then I really need to consider picking this up again. I got this game back in the late 90's with a 6MB Voodoo Rush Jazz Adrenaline 3D card but the discs don't work on XP and people reported problems with the GoG version so I didn't get it here. It will be nice to play again after 13-14 years :)
Any thoughts on quantum mechanics and/or dark energy?
bluey83: Well I give in, it's 5am and I start work soon so better get at least some sleep! Hopefully Deponia 3 won't have made 2 more appearances by the time I'm back home.

Thanks to IAmSinistar for making this thread and everyone who has been keeping this updated.

It's been fun, makes me wonder why I haven't really frequented the GOG forums until now....

Night all!
Welcome and farewell for now :)

Savant(Aleksander Vinter) is waking me up nicely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVt7Ir2pNT8&list=PLWn1jdbvnm25eW6IkeA8zS6BlO5hQiAIf&shuffle=14494