It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bah...it appears that there will be no Pirates! for me now. Its past 3:30am and the need for sleep is getting upper hand finally.

Ciao fellow insomniacs!
I'm back, had my supper and a couple episodes of the old show The Invaders. Just checking in before heading off to bed. Picked up a gifty-gifty copy of Wasteland, never goes out of style. :)

LynetteC: NOOOOOOO!!! Don't give them ideas. I'm only waiting for two games I missed, Vampire The Masquerade : Redemption and Syberia 2. After that, I can rest in peace. If they start sticking random games in too, I'm screwed! lol
Oo, I'm hoping to get Vampire The Masquerade : Redemption as well. I'm going to see if I can catch it in this second round, but if not, I'll have to beg for someone to back me up in the third.
HypersomniacLive: /cut!
so different time-zones call for more than one round that are up around the clock.
Especially in our time zone, which makes me wonder, what do you do in your declared location at this time of night ;>
CalicoPup: I drive a truck and I had the sale running with my phone's GPS giving me directions behind it. Thankfully nothing came up when I was in a spot where I wasn't already stopped, but since I use PayPal I can purchase with just 3 clicks so I don't get distracted. I did miss a game or two, but safety is more important than a sale. Red lights are a godsend.
LynetteC: I hear ya! I bought Zork on my tablet at a red light this afternoon! :-)
Just as I got where I was going, God Save the Queen popped up and I squeed. Thankfully, no one was around.
LynetteC: It's OK having an incentive to stay up but some of us have day jobs to go to, to pay for all these games so we need *some* sleep!
Fortunately I have a relaxed timetable that allows for missed sleep. Full moon time here is almost a guaranteed missed night of sleep for me each month.
LynetteC: NOOOOOOO!!! Don't give them ideas. I'm only waiting for two games I missed, Vampire The Masquerade : Redemption and Syberia 2. After that, I can rest in peace. If they start sticking random games in too, I'm screwed! lol
I hear ya. I missed Sang Froid because for some reason my browser wasn't auto-updating the sale. It was stuck on Dragon Commander (which I was starting to think was the new Jack Keane) and finally when I decided to manually reload the page, I discovered all the games that had actually gone by. Looking for Sang Froid and maybe Driftmoon to come around again (although I realize I missed the latter yet again).
Coelocanth: I hear ya. I missed Sang Froid because for some reason my browser wasn't auto-updating the sale. It was stuck on Dragon Commander (which I was starting to think was the new Jack Keane) and finally when I decided to manually reload the page, I discovered all the games that had actually gone by. Looking for Sang Froid and maybe Driftmoon to come around again (although I realize I missed the latter yet again).
Divinity: Dragon Commander seemed to bring the first real round of GOGbears in this sale. Very likely a lot of people were clicking hoping to get a free one, since it retails so high.
This keeps reminding me that I need to actually play through Wasteland before Wasteland 2 hits GOG. Read somewhere that it's a direct sequel, so it's going to suck a bit to spend full price new release money on something that's a continuing story.
Coelocanth: I hear ya. I missed Sang Froid because for some reason my browser wasn't auto-updating the sale. It was stuck on Dragon Commander (which I was starting to think was the new Jack Keane) and finally when I decided to manually reload the page, I discovered all the games that had actually gone by. Looking for Sang Froid and maybe Driftmoon to come around again (although I realize I missed the latter yet again).
Yeah, Driftmoon drifted past rather swiftly even on it's second run, IIRC. :-)
Argh! No idea why, but I'm having trouble getting any posts to post here! We'll see if this one actually goes through.

Edited: Oh my goodness I might faint.
Post edited May 12, 2014 by Chevette
Chevette: Argh! No idea why, but I'm having trouble getting any posts to post here! We'll see if this one actually goes through.
Seems to be visible.
Tarnicus: Full moon time here is almost a guaranteed missed night of sleep for me each month.
Being The Wolfman would definitely be an advantage for this insomnia sale. :P
Huzzah! Well I feel better now.
Woo, first freebie! A giftable copy of Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves. :D
There's your Sang Froid...