It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
Eitot: I planned on buying it at some point (backlog…), but I don’t want to be pressured into buying it for this reason. Will GOG support this game for future hardware and Windows releases? Anyone have experience with running this using Wine on Linux/macOS?
It is supercheap now, if you have the money, just buy it! We don't know when it will be back.

As for running it on Linux. I am installing it right now. Based on different youtube videos, it is definitely playable (as usual you might need some dlls with winetricks).
Smannesman: I'm all for Connect, but surely 90% off is enough?
I mean I'd be happy if Connect gave you 90% off instead of 100% off.
dave1276: Yea, ive got both games on steam. But would like a DRM free version to backup, i will be buying it, just didnt want to pay twice (or 3 times as ive also got the 360 version lol) if it was going to be on GOG Connect later today or tomorrow.
I can understand that, but I agree with Smannesman that only $3 (for a normally $30 game) is good enough.
That is a sad news indeed, let’s hope that Alan Wake’s Journey through the night will bring him back to GOG one day...
Should I just flip a coin to decide whether to buy it or not? A 5c coin it is, the 5 eurocent side for buying, the Irish harp for skipping.
Best game soundtrack ever!
Does the Gog version include the "Collector's Edition Extras" content?

Developer Commentary Videos
Illustrated PDF Book
Soundtrack

I don't see where it includes the soundtrack.
BluesShark: Does the Gog version include the "Collector's Edition Extras" content?

Illustrated PDF Book
Soundtrack

Just acquired this game. There is no soundtrack for download.
Sorry to see Alan having to leave us, but at least we got a decent heads up, and a very nice farewell sale.
Leaving his Nightmare behind is nice and all, but I already have that one, and I wish it was next month, too many obligations till end of May.
Oh well - farewell, Alan, and if fate wants it, perhaps we'll get to know each other somewhere in the distant future.
UnrealQuakie: You will be surprised how many games GOG removed without telling us. They only tell us if it's games that are very popular but if it's not like super frog and such then they remove it without notice to the users.
Pony Island comes to mind. Only told us when someone raised a stink about it.
HypersomniacLive: Sorry to see Alan having to leave us, but at least we got a decent heads up, and a very nice farewell sale.
Leaving his Nightmare behind is nice and all, but I already have that one, and I wish it was next month, too many obligations till end of May.
Oh well - farewell, Alan, and if fate wants it, perhaps we'll get to know each other somewhere in the distant future.
You need Alan Wake? At this price, I'll gladly hook you up for all the help you've given me for free.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by paladin181
Maou-san: On twitter developers said it's too complicated to patch out the songs (yeah, right), I think they just don't care about Alan Wake at this time.
Well too bad for then, people will just download and play for free, no more sales ever...
To be honest: I'd rather prefer this game to be gone than having the songs patched out (like they did with Mafia 2). The soundtrack is extremely important in this game. Still hard to say goodbye. On Steam I have named this game as my favorite of all times. Well, it's still among them and I am still waiting for Alan Wake 2. This is highly recommended - especially at this price.

I've bought it here on GOG again to have it DRM-free as well. The Soundtrack is not included in the GOG version but even the soundtrack which was inclued in the steam special collector's version only included the Score of the game. The songs can be accessed in game menu and they are sooooo great.
Everyone who hasn't yet- GET THIS GAME.

It's fatastic. Great mood and story, superb soundtrack. And if you're a Twin Peaks fan, let me tell you - there's little chance even the upcoming revival of the show will be as much fun to you as this. And get American Nightmare too. Ok, it's not quite as great, but still really damn good, and at this price it's few shortcomings are really not even worth mentioning.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by Breja
BluesShark: Does the Gog version include the "Collector's Edition Extras" content?

Illustrated PDF Book
Soundtrack

Andrey82: Just acquired this game. There is no soundtrack for download.
Thank you for your quick and informed reply. Have a great weekend!
A bummer the game is more expensive than on Steam. :/
Zoidberg: A bummer the game is more expensive than on Steam. :/
Really.....? How much?
Ah crap. $4 USD for both? That's as nice as it gets. Too bad GOG still don't allows at least topping up the wallet with Bitcoin. If that were the case i woud buy it right away here. Steam does. So, I will probably have to buy it there. Unless someone wants to exchange the Alan Wake games and The saboteur here in GOG for $5 in Bitcoin. If so, let me know asap.

My reputation preceds me when it comes to being serious. I actually run the Top communties on Bitcoin in both G+ and FB. And help moderate /r/Bitcoin.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by AvatarX001