It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
I like how GoG always gives a heads up when this happens. Time to get it.
amrit9037: I wish I could get them now.
Good bye Alan Wake.
Don't you have them then, message me as soon as you can. :)
Point_Man: I think it probably has more to do with the greedy music industry and probably the RIAA then it does with the DMCA.
AFAIK this.

Always sad to see a piece of art disappear because of petty copyright laws. :-(
high rated
Picchia: I like how GoG always gives a heads up when this happens. Time to get it.
You will be surprised how many games GOG removed without telling us. They only tell us if it's games that are very popular but if it's not like super frog and such then they remove it without notice to the users.
high rated
Mmh, read about its removal from steam and windows store.

Those games removals or disfigurements (GTA San Andreas) are a really BIG problem in this industry. We seriously need to work on the saving of those cultural art pieces.

I really liked Alan Wake too. Finished it several times.
I planned on buying it at some point (backlog…), but I don’t want to be pressured into buying it for this reason. Will GOG support this game for future hardware and Windows releases? Anyone have experience with running this using Wine on Linux/macOS?
Thanks for doing the sale gog :)
If I send both games as a gift to an email account, will the key still be valid after Alan Wake is taken off the store?.
Bodgeit: If I send both games as a gift to an email account, will the key still be valid after Alan Wake is taken off the store?.
Yes, they should still be OK.
Bodgeit: If I send both games as a gift to an email account, will the key still be valid after Alan Wake is taken off the store?.
Grargar: Yes, they should still be OK.
Thank you, will get them for someone then.

Cheers
Maou-san: On twitter developers said it's too complicated to patch out the songs (yeah, right), I think they just don't care about Alan Wake at this time.
Well too bad for then, people will just download and play for free, no more sales ever...
they'll probably re-licence and put back to sale.
Point_Man: I think it probably has more to do with the greedy music industry and probably the RIAA then it does with the DMCA.
toxicTom: AFAIK this.

Always sad to see a piece of art disappear because of petty copyright laws. :-(
It's holding positive development for the human race back alot that's for sure.
amrit9037: I wish I could get them now.
Good bye Alan Wake.
Bodgeit: Don't you have them then, message me as soon as you can. :)
Now I have them.
Generous Dampsquib gifted me the whole franchise,
Thank you for offer though. :')
DampSquib: Bye.

Nice sale.
Thank you for generous gift.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by amrit9037
Bodgeit: Don't you have them then, message me as soon as you can. :)
amrit9037: Now I have them.
Generous Dampsquib gifted me the whole franchise,
Thank you for offer though. :')
DampSquib: Bye.

Nice sale.
amrit9037: Thank you for generous gift.
No problem, enjoy them both. Felt like looking out for someone

Cheers
Post edited May 13, 2017 by Bodgeit
Could we get a little more information on the licensing issues what's that all about?