It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
I already own both titles but I'm here to chime in to anyone on the fence...get the base Alan Wake game if youve not played it yet. It's not perfect...but overall it's an excellent game. I really enjoyed it and it comes with all relevant dlc. Sad to see it go. I hope it comes back someday. A great action/horror game for gamers interested in the genre.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by JLH
Have both games already, surely from a previous sale, but haven't played them. Do they work on Linux with Wine/Playonlinux?
Bye bye Alan. It always feels weird when a game is pulled of market like this.
Luckily I secured them both some time ago and even finished the first one...it's ok but I expected more from Max Payne creators.
MarkoH01: Except for the soundtrack I am wondering which extras are not already included in the GOG version or the steam version?
I did not say that the HB version includes more extras than the GOG and the Steam version combined; I've just said that it contains almost all extras of GOG and Steam combined.

But see for yourself. This is what the HB version contains in addition to the game itself (Steam keys & DRM-free) and the soundtrack.
Attachments:
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Rise-T
BluesShark: Does the Gog version include the "Collector's Edition Extras" content?

Developer Commentary Videos
Illustrated PDF Book
Soundtrack

I don't see where it includes the soundtrack.
Andrey82: Just acquired this game. There is no soundtrack for download.
I have the game on GOG and Humble.
It seems that only the Humble edition includes the OST... But is the music made for the game and not songs.
Ricky_Bobby: Awesome game in style of the old Resident Evil and Silent Hill stuff. Like them it can be very frustrating at times, meaning the combat, what makes the game shine though is the atmosphere and writing. Definitely a Classic in my opinion.
Those are two of my favorite franchises. Now I feel like I need to check these games out.
Damn shame. I remember that Alan Wake was one of the first newer AAA games that came to GOG.com, where I thought that maybe GOG.com had a chance to get newer games DRM-free, which I doubted before.

I bought it when it was released here ... and still haven't played it. I guess now would be a good occasion ...
Smannesman: I'm also unemployed and in debt.
op2017si: Me too, but I'm not complaining like you guys do.
I am not complaining for complaining sake. Just hate how these things happen. If they would have said "guys, a month from now this game will no longer be available for sale" then I would have made more of an attempt to dig up the scratch to purchase it.

-Tastymonkey
high rated
GOG.com: Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!
Can GoG please keep the sales pages? It's nice to have the reviews and everything as a bit of nostalgia. It's a sad sinking feeling when you click "store page & reviews" and then just get an empty page linking to the store library.
paladin181: [...] You need Alan Wake? At this price, I'll gladly hook you up for all the help you've given me for free.
Thank you for hooking me up with Alan, very kind of you.

Regarding the lack of the soundtrack and other extras in the GOG version, a long time ago I, and I think a couple of others too, had contacted them about this, but never got a reply, not even to say that they'll never be offered here.
Thanks for the heads up, added both to my library, not my prefered type of games but as regular sales right now don't have nothing to me is a good pull for these prices.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by SansearVX
MarkoH01: Except for the soundtrack I am wondering which extras are not already included in the GOG version or the steam version?
Rise-T: I did not say that the HB version includes more extras than the GOG and the Steam version combined; I've just said that it contains almost all extras of GOG and Steam combined.

But see for yourself. This is what the HB version contains in addition to the game itself (Steam keys & DRM-free) and the soundtrack.
You said: "PLUS a ton of extras (more than the ones you'd get by just buying the Steam OR the GOG version."

But nevermind: The bonus material you have posted in your screenshot seems to be identical with the one on Steam since Remedy has added the additional bonus material for free for users of the game on steam. Still if you don't already own the game (and the exttras) I would agree that humble would be the best way to buy it.
Is this Soundtrack coming with the Steam version any good?
thanks for the sale, at 90% it seems worth it to try them out despite alot of neg reviews, seems like people either loved it or hated the series.
low rated
GOG.com: Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
give keys !!