It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The dynamic deck building title from Mega Crit Games is getting a big update today.

Slay the Spire Patch V2.0: The Watcher brings us new cards, relics, potions, balance changes, reworks, bug fixes, performance improvements, and - last but not least - a 4th character, namely the eponymous Watcher.

On this occasion we decided to give you a juicy 50% discount on the Slay the Spire game, lasting until 19th January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Robette: This game was definetly one of my highlights of the last year and I highly recommend it.
Can confirm, this game is quite satisfying.
Achievements are already implemented
Huinehtar: Nice, and yet gogers still can't use mods because of steamworks and the drm'd base mods.
The old github mods don't work anymore.

Nevertheless, the base game itself is very good and "sufficient" to entertain for a long time.
This is something I'd much rather see effort from the company be put towards so that those mods and the huge amount of gameplay content they represent become accessible to the gog version.
MadalinStroe: Yes the game has in-game achievements, but they are profile based. (…)
mk47at: On the plus side you can reset them at your own leisure.
I would say that the huge disadvantage I mentioned, and you left out, trumps out that advantage.
Post edited January 16, 2020 by MadalinStroe
MadalinStroe: I would say that the huge disadvantage I mentioned, and you left out, trumps out that advantage.
Why should I have to repeat what you wrote? Your arguments are one-sided, so I added some other one-sided arguments from the other perspective.

It sounds that you want to reset parts of the statistics and keep the others that you like.

I don't like centrally stored statistics. In general I think it is not okay that playing the game is seen as a silent agreement to upload private data to the cloud (like the time when the achievement was first triggered).
If v.2.0 is a patch then my computer is a washing machine!

The best EA game I've played (300h logged two years ago)...
When I first read this news story, I thought the new character was "The Witcher".

Now that would be super cool.

Great game, BTW. I will eventually have hundreds of hours in this, much like FTL and Into the Breach.
Cool, anyone know if the offline installers are updated yet?
low rated
These devs make this game un-buyable for me by their decision to refuse/not bother to give GOG users Achievements even though they do give their Steam customers Achievements for this same game.

Doesn't matter how much they patch the game if it is always lacking feature parity with the Steam version, which it will be until if/when/unless they add Achievements.
Post edited January 17, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: These devs make this game un-buyable for me by their decision to refuse/not bother to give GOG users Achievements even though they do give their Steam customers Achievements for this same game.

Doesn't matter how much they patch the game if it is always lacking feature parity with the Steam version, which it will be until if/when/unless they add Achievements.
same here. not buying till they add the achievements.

no matter how good the game may be. i'd rather pirate it then support this such devs. :/
rjbuffchix: Cool, anyone know if the offline installers are updated yet?
Yes, they are. I use the GOG Downloader versions and I downloaded 2.0 today.'

Ancient-Red-Dragon: These devs make this game un-buyable for me by their decision to refuse/not bother to give GOG users Achievements even though they do give their Steam customers Achievements for this same game.

falloutttt: same here. not buying till they add the achievements.

no matter how good the game may be. i'd rather pirate it then support this such devs. :/
I really don't care about feature parity, because I don't give a rat's ass what happens at Steam. Buying DRM infected software isn't even an option that comes up for me, so I judge the game here on its own merits.

The game I bought and am playing on GOG is a great game. What other platforms do is completely irrelevant.
Post edited January 17, 2020 by barleyguy
rjbuffchix: Cool, anyone know if the offline installers are updated yet?
barleyguy: Yes, they are. I use the GOG Downloader versions and I downloaded 2.0 today.'
+1, thanks!
mk47at: Your arguments are one-sided...
Of course my argument is one sided, since it's my opinion. This reminds me of a Lewis Black joke, the only way what you said was true, is if you believed that the voices you hear in your head, are actually other people.

mk47at: Why should I have to repeat what you wrote?
Because then you might have had another opportunity to actually understand what I was saying. Completing certain profile achievements in Slay the Spire, end up messing up statistics that are actually valuable, had they not been polluted by "garbage data".

mk47at: It sounds that you want to reset parts of the statistics and keep the others that you like.
You seem to be strawmanning my initial comment, since that has nothing to do with what I said.

mk47at: I don't like centrally stored statistics. In general I think it is not okay that playing the game is seen as a silent agreement to upload private data to the cloud (like the time when the achievement was first triggered).
That is your opinion, and I'm not replying to it, just to provide:
mk47at: ..."some other one-sided arguments from the other perspective."
Post edited January 17, 2020 by MadalinStroe
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
Not the kind of game I'd consider buying first, but the overwhelmingly positive user reviews both here and elsewhere made me buy it.

Too bad if the mods for the game are behind the Steamwall, but I guess I can live with that. It will mean those mods will perish with Steam in the future anyway, so I consider them as a similar lost cause in the long run, as e.g. account-based online multiplayer.

Oh and no, I couldn't give a rat's juicy ass about achievements, or whether they profile-based or dick-based. Too bad to those who care, I guess. Awww.
Post edited January 17, 2020 by timppu
timppu: Oh and no, I couldn't give a rat's juicy ass about achievements, or whether they profile-based or dick-based. Too bad to those who care, I guess. Awww.
Don't be mean... I guess you're having a bad day, but the weekend is coming and we'll all get some relaxation playing the games we love.