It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The dynamic deck building title from Mega Crit Games is getting a big update today.

Slay the Spire Patch V2.0: The Watcher brings us new cards, relics, potions, balance changes, reworks, bug fixes, performance improvements, and - last but not least - a 4th character, namely the eponymous Watcher.

On this occasion we decided to give you a juicy 50% discount on the Slay the Spire game, lasting until 19th January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
This game was definetly one of my highlights of the last year and I highly recommend it.
I have a weakness for this game, since I bought it full price on STEAM and then here, during the winter sale. So please devs, I don't know how much work would be necessary, but could you try to also add achievements on GOG?
Post edited January 16, 2020 by MadalinStroe
The only thing that can complete this fine update is doing a GOG Connect promo few days so all of us Steam players can play on GOG too..
MadalinStroe: I have a weakness for this game, since I bought it full price on STEAM and then here, during the winter sale. So please devs, I don't know how much work would be necessary, but could you try to also add achievements on GOG?
Exactly, given the success of the game they certainly don't lack funds, so in cases like this I find it offensive that they treat their GOG customers this way.
Seems like they tweaked the difficulty with this update? Really awesome new content <3
Nice, and yet gogers still can't use mods because of steamworks and the drm'd base mods.
The old github mods don't work anymore.

Nevertheless, the base game itself is very good and "sufficient" to entertain for a long time.
high rated
MadalinStroe: I have a weakness for this game, since I bought it full price on STEAM and then here, during the winter sale. So please devs, I don't know how much work would be necessary, but could you try to also add achievements on GOG?
It includes in-game achievements, which can be displayed from the menu. That can be considered from two different points of view:

1) The game already has achievements. This kind of achievements is all a DRM-Free player wants, as many tend to dislike clients, like Galaxy.

2) The game has its achievements internally stored. Transfering this data to GOG Galaxy should cost the devs a minimal effort, so there's no reason for them to not do that.
Lone_Scout: 1) The game already has achievements. This kind of achievements is all a DRM-Free player wants, as many tend to dislike clients, like Galaxy.
Exactly.
Lone_Scout: It includes in-game achievements, which can be displayed from the menu. That can be considered from two different points of view:

1) The game already has achievements. This kind of achievements is all a DRM-Free player wants, as many tend to dislike clients, like Galaxy.

2) The game has its achievements internally stored. Transfering this data to GOG Galaxy should cost the devs a minimal effort, so there's no reason for them to not do that.
I lean toward (2), but I also don't care a lot about achievements. The client is fine, it's a client that harasses you because you left Steam open on your laptop and now you have the audacity to play a game on desktop that bothers me.
Lone_Scout: 2) The game has its achievements internally stored. Transfering this data to GOG Galaxy should cost the devs a minimal effort, so there's no reason for them to not do that.
Yes the game has in-game achievements, but they are profile based. And that's a problem, when you you want to get a really difficult achievement, such as winning the game with a 5 card deck. You need to get a very specific set of three/four combo cards to damage the boss, while also getting throughout the playthrough, a higher than average number of card burning opportunities. As you might expect this leads to plenty of wasted runs, where you simply die because you have to few cards, and not enough good cards, since you didn't get the perfect cards you needed.

This ends up tanking your win rate statistics, making them completely useless. And yes, that's what killed the game for me after spending 86 hours on my profile. I kept trying for that perfect run, and then I realized I ruined my stats.
Post edited January 16, 2020 by MadalinStroe
MadalinStroe: Yes the game has in-game achievements, but they are profile based. (…)
On the plus side you can reset them at your own leisure.
Add achievements please!

Game is priced here the same as on steam. All the extra should be here same as on steam!!
Nice update. Just gave it a try and the Watcher really has some kick-ass cards and abilities.
Ah shit, here we go again
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/achievement_support_for_compatible_games