It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johnathanamz: I guess that is why I am being down voted because there are people defending this.
CarrionCrow: Eh, if I was going to bet my money on anything, I'd say you're being downvoted because so many people have disliked the ways in which you present problems and potential solutions for so long that after years of enduring your entries, they now downvote you almost on reflex.
Breja: That's some mighty fine DRMfending right there. Bravo.
CarrionCrow: If the bottom well and truly falls out, nothing anyone here says will change a thing. You can't even ask, beg, plead to someone to enhance and/or improve forum functionality. Will anyone care about anything more when faced with the potential of more money on one side and the goodwill of a random internet forum denizen on the other? Of course not. Will GOG kill it all over time? Who knows. If that time does come, will they factor in the random blathering of forum people in its decision? Not a chance.

At the end of the day, it's always useful to remember that each and every person here, me, you, whoever, is a sliver of a sliver of a sliver of potential customer response. GOG might as well start asking the roaches nesting within the walls at GOG HQ what their thoughts and wishes are for site and product improvement.
Eh they can down vote me all they want I am still here I will be here forever. I can have negative like -1,000,000 reputation and I will still be here.

I can keep talking with -1,000,000 reputation the one very good thing about gog.com is their relaxed freedom of speech.
high rated
Johnathanamz: I guess that is why I am being down voted because there are people defending this.
CarrionCrow: Eh, if I was going to bet my money on anything, I'd say you're being downvoted because so many people have disliked the ways in which you present problems and potential solutions for so long that after years of enduring your entries, they now downvote you almost on reflex.
Breja: That's some mighty fine DRMfending right there. Bravo.
CarrionCrow: If the bottom well and truly falls out, nothing anyone here says will change a thing. You can't even ask, beg, plead to someone to enhance and/or improve forum functionality. Will anyone care about anything more when faced with the potential of more money on one side and the goodwill of a random internet forum denizen on the other? Of course not. Will GOG kill it all over time? Who knows. If that time does come, will they factor in the random blathering of forum people in its decision? Not a chance.
a) That doesn't mean we shouldn't call GOG out on its bullshit. Whether it works or not doesn't mean we should be quiet.

b) Despite what you're saying, a massive backlash from us already made GOG go back on bad decisions a few times. Would it always work? I don't know, probably not. But the only reason it's guaranteed not to work is because we can't generate that kind of backlash anymore - thanks to people who think like you.
CarrionCrow: Of course not. Will GOG kill it all over time? Who knows. If that time does come, will they factor in the random blathering of forum people in its decision? Not a chance.
Will a lack of blathering make a difference? Who knows. You're using words but not saying anything.
high rated
StingingVelvet: Yeah. Only way I could see being mad is if Epic games... with DRM, a lot don't have any... are advertised in a way that makes them seem like GOG games. If it's just a shortcut thanks to Galaxy integration, I don't think it's a big deal.
GOG used to loudly proclaim DRM as something fundamentaly wrong in the gaming industry. Now they are going to be making money off of it. If that's not a "big deal" then I don't know what is.

Not that I expect anything could convince you that something is rotten in the state of GOG.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: [...] deals like steam getting 60% off KoA reshading etc. [...]
when was that? I have not seen KoA for 60% off on Steam?
Didn't DRM-free GOG "die" like 2 years into the business when they started selling multiplayer that required CD keys? (whenever this started; I bought Far Cry here in 2010 and it required a CD key for multiplayer)

Also, we can scream and wail and crawl in our skin to the high heavens on the forum, but that's basically just preaching to the choir isn't it?
Post edited October 02, 2020 by tfishell
Looking on a (possible) good side, maybe, just maybe, it's a chance to finally see more good old epic games here, like Shadow Complex and UT3.
Galaxy is optional, as long as you can download offline installer, GOG still DRM Free. Ang giving you the option to buy is a good thing for those who use Galaxy so they can buy games without switching client or going to the website of the store.
M3troid: Looking on a (possible) good side, maybe, just maybe, it's a chance to finally see more good old epic games here, like Shadow Complex and UT3.
People keep forgetting Unreal Tournament 2003.

Damnit I want Unreal Tournament 2003.

I still have the physical boxed version of the PC version of Unreal Tournament 2003 and I still have Unreal Tournament 2003 installed on my PC's.
tfishell: Didn't DRM-free GOG "die" like 2 years into the business when they started selling multiplayer that required CD keys? (whenever this started; I bought Far Cry here in 2010 and it required a CD key for multiplayer)

Also, we can scream and wail and crawl in our skin to the high heavens on the forum, but that's basically just preaching to the choir isn't it?
That ins't drm.
Mugiwarah: Galaxy is optional, as long as you can download offline installer, GOG still DRM Free. Ang giving you the option to buy is a good thing for those who use Galaxy so they can buy games without switching client or going to the website of the store.
Those specific games wont have installers, they use the epic client.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by Truth007
M3troid: Looking on a (possible) good side, maybe, just maybe, it's a chance to finally see more good old epic games here, like Shadow Complex and UT3.
Johnathanamz: People keep forgetting Unreal Tournament 2003.

Damnit I want Unreal Tournament 2003.

I still have the physical boxed version of the PC version of Unreal Tournament 2003 and I still have Unreal Tournament 2003 installed on my PC's.
I thought UT 2004 was a updated version of UT 2003.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by M3troid
GlorFindel: Yes, I said that already few months ago!
This is GOG-s last chance:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/abolish_gog_galaxy_entirely
Johnathanamz: I think my wishlist works better to have GOG Galaxy stop existing and it has a lot more votes.
Can you provide me with a link; I was/am/will be mostly absent from GOG since GOG Galaxy 2.0 One Client To Run Them All™ Abomination was released!?
Mugiwarah: Galaxy is optional, as long as you can download offline installer, GOG still DRM Free. Ang giving you the option to buy is a good thing for those who use Galaxy so they can buy games without switching client or going to the website of the store.
It further deepens the divide between Galaxy users and Galaxy refusers though.
Or at least the subsection of Galaxy users willing to participate in the devaluation of GoG as a platform for buying games and possibly making GoG versions of games redundant in the process (not to mention approving of the team-up with a strongly anti-customer shitty store with ties to a government that actively violates basic human rights) and everyone else.

Not sure if we really needed that on top of the already existing other divisions (GoG customers more often than not being treated as "second class citizens" when it comes to post-launch support vs. customers on other storefronts, or "Backup Offline Installers" vs. "the convenience of the almighty client", etc).
Post edited October 02, 2020 by Swedrami
Truth007: That ins't drm.
I guess it depends on what one considers "DRM".

Is
Steam
DRM?

;)
Truth007: That ins't drm.
tfishell: I guess it depends on what one considers "DRM".

Is
Steam
DRM?

;)
Steam is a different case, I don't get installers with steam.