It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
TheGrand547: Stop over reacting, from what I can tell it just means instead of having to switch clients to purchase products from epic store that you can purchase games from the epic store through the gog client. If my assumptions are correct then this will not change ANYTHING for 99% of GOG users, and the only ones that it will affect will be slightly positively impacted by not needing to swap clients to purchase games from epic.

There are also a not insignificant number of games that do NOT require the epic launcher and are DRM-Free in their own right.

Stop fear mongering please.
Truth007: Stop giving gog a pass. The games will be sold on gog.com too, you realize the galaxy store is the same right? Its not two separate stores...
I think TheGrand547 is right we should wait like something like one year and not react to fast and soon about this.

See what actually happens on gog.com in one years time.
high rated
aCyborg: is gog making money off of this or is it just support buying epic games from the client?
This suggests it'll be the former:
... With the internal beta launching today, invited users will have the option to buy games from a selection of hand-picked Epic Games Store exclusive titles, alongside all GOG.COM games. Most importantly, all purchases are covered by our 30-days refund policy as well as 24/7 human support.
high rated
Well, as long as GOG games are drm-free, i don't give a crap.
high rated
This wouldn't be that bad if there were a clear distinction between GoG and Galaxy.
Well, for long-time GoG users there is, but for arguably "most" people from a generation that has been conditioned to the convenience of the almighty client, GoG is synonymous with GOG Galaxy, unfortunately.
high rated
Johnathanamz: [...]we should wait like something like one year and not react to fast and soon about this.

The time to raise concern is now, not a year from now. By then it may be too late. When this storefront turns into Humble where only a section of games are DRM-free, and everything seems designed to push the customer towards the DRMed games, will we be allowed to complain then? A lot of good that will do.
Swedrami: This wouldn't be that bad if there were a clear distinction between GoG and Galaxy.
Well, for long-time GoG users there is, but for arguably "most" people from a generation that has been conditioned to the convenience of the almighty client, GoG is synonymous with GOG Galaxy, unfortunately.
Some of the game trailers which say a game is "Now available on GOG Galaxy" doesn't help matters either.
Post edited October 01, 2020 by rjbuffchix
Truth007: Stop giving gog a pass. The games will be sold on gog.com too, you realize the galaxy store is the same right? Its not two separate stores...
Johnathanamz: I think TheGrand547 is right we should wait like something like one year and not react to fast and soon about this.

Why? They state all over the site, and on FCK drm that they stand against drm. Now they are selling and making money off another third party store.
Please clarify for me exactly what gog has to do for you to stop defending them? People have been defending them when securom was found in fear, when they release drm games (gwent, absolver, goblins inc), when companies do dodgy things with their supposed offline installers (no mans sky recently), when their customers get stuffed with bad deals like steam getting 60% off KoA reshading etc. It’s been an ongoing shitstorm since galaxy raised its head and a downward spiral towards becoming a second rate steam. TheGrand547 is one of those people who have been excusing all these issues and “mistakes” over the last few years as we have seen the website and offline installers mostly abandoned in favour of galaxy, even the company themselves quite happily say galaxy is the only future. No the writing is on the wall, and has been for a few years. Today it’s selling drm games (but only via a client which somehow makes it better?), tomorrow it’s games with no offline installer at all as they need to be linked to a client - oh wait, that’s the epic games. Next up selling steam keys and necessary uplay account, or worse still a deal with M$!
low rated
Johnathanamz: [...]we should wait like something like one year and not react to fast and soon about this.

rjbuffchix: The time to raise concern is now, not a year from now. By then it may be too late. When this storefront turns into Humble where only a section of games are DRM-free, and everything seems designed to push the customer towards the DRMed games, will we be allowed to complain then? A lot of good that will do.
Swedrami: This wouldn't be that bad if there were a clear distinction between GoG and Galaxy.
rjbuffchix: Some of the game trailers which say a game is "Now available on GOG Galaxy" doesn't help matters either.
I am raising concerns and I have been since 2015 or so when I made this wishlist.

www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/dedicated_servers_both_official_and_rentable

So that GOG Galaxy does not remain required for video games that have multiplayer.

Vote if you have not voted already.
low rated
Ah, everything is on the verge of dying, yet again.

I swear, one of the things I've never stopped loving about this place is its collective tendency to lunge toward any and all fatalistic tendencies at the drop of a hat.

Yes, it's all dying. Yes, every single one of your DRM-free downloads hovers on the brink of full DRM-based download. Full name, location, occupation, blood type and fingerprints required for EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE of your downloads, at all times, no matter what. Just escaped from a house fire and your fingertips melted off during? Too frigging bad, no Eye of the Beholder downloads for you, no matter what you paid for it.
low rated
Johnathanamz: I think TheGrand547 is right we should wait like something like one year and not react to fast and soon about this.

nightcraw1er.488: Why? They state all over the site, and on FCK drm that they stand against drm. Now they are selling and making money off another third party store.
Please clarify for me exactly what gog has to do for you to stop defending them? People have been defending them when securom was found in fear, when they release drm games (gwent, absolver, goblins inc), when companies do dodgy things with their supposed offline installers (no mans sky recently), when their customers get stuffed with bad deals like steam getting 60% off KoA reshading etc. It’s been an ongoing shitstorm since galaxy raised its head and a downward spiral towards becoming a second rate steam. TheGrand547 is one of those people who have been excusing all these issues and “mistakes” over the last few years as we have seen the website and offline installers mostly abandoned in favour of galaxy, even the company themselves quite happily say galaxy is the only future. No the writing is on the wall, and has been for a few years. Today it’s selling drm games (but only via a client which somehow makes it better?), tomorrow it’s games with no offline installer at all as they need to be linked to a client - oh wait, that’s the epic games. Next up selling steam keys and necessary uplay account, or worse still a deal with M$!
Yea, I already see people defending this and not ultimately understanding that it's still supporting drm. That is why i dont mind gog has financial issues and probably dies eventually in a few more yrs.
CarrionCrow: Ah, everything is on the verge of dying, yet again.

I swear, one of the things I've never stopped loving about this place is its collective tendency to lunge toward any and all fatalistic tendencies at the drop of a hat.

Yes, it's all dying. Yes, every single one of your DRM-free downloads hovers on the brink of full DRM-based download. Full name, location, occupation, blood type and fingerprints required for EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE of your downloads, at all times, no matter what. Just escaped from a house fire and your fingertips melted off during? Too frigging bad, no Eye of the Beholder downloads for you, no matter what you paid for it.
keep shilling, and when gog dies in a few years dont come apologizing. I am glad no one cares about gog because of people like you.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by Truth007
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Why? They state all over the site, and on FCK drm that they stand against drm. Now they are selling and making money off another third party store.
Truth007: Yea, I already see people defending this and not ultimately understanding that it's still supporting drm. That is why i dont mind gog has financial issues and probably dies eventually in a few more yrs.

Truth007: keep shilling, and when gog dies in a few years dont come apologizing. I am glad no one cares about gog because of people like you.
Oh, silly rabbit, you've got me all wrong. It lives, it dies, we're better off either way. Thank you, though. ;P
Truth007: Yea, I already see people defending this and not ultimately understanding that it's still supporting drm. That is why i dont mind gog has financial issues and probably dies eventually in a few more yrs.

Truth007: keep shilling, and when gog dies in a few years dont come apologizing. I am glad no one cares about gog because of people like you.
I guess that is why I am being down voted because there are people defending this.

That's some mighty fine DRMfending right there. Bravo.
low rated

keep shilling, and when gog dies in a few years dont come apologizing. I am glad no one cares about gog because of people like you.
Johnathanamz: I guess that is why I am being down voted because there are people defending this.
Eh, if I was going to bet my money on anything, I'd say you're being downvoted because so many people have disliked the ways in which you present problems and potential solutions for so long that after years of enduring your entries, they now downvote you almost on reflex.

Breja: That's some mighty fine DRMfending right there. Bravo.
If the bottom well and truly falls out, nothing anyone here says will change a thing. You can't even ask, beg, plead to someone to enhance and/or improve forum functionality. Will anyone care about anything more when faced with the potential of more money on one side and the goodwill of a random internet forum denizen on the other? Of course not. Will GOG kill it all over time? Who knows. If that time does come, will they factor in the random blathering of forum people in its decision? Not a chance.

At the end of the day, it's always useful to remember that each and every person here, me, you, whoever, is a sliver of a sliver of a sliver of potential customer response. GOG might as well start asking the roaches nesting within the walls at GOG HQ what their thoughts and wishes are for site and product improvement.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by CarrionCrow
M3troid: Well, as long as GOG games are drm-free, i don't give a crap.
Yeah. Only way I could see being mad is if Epic games... with DRM, a lot don't have any... are advertised in a way that makes them seem like GOG games. If it's just a shortcut thanks to Galaxy integration, I don't think it's a big deal.

That said, GOG is obviously trying to expand its market share and see the "all in one client" and 30 day refunds as their way to do it.
So this how GOG ends.
With Thunderous Applause.