It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take a deep dive into a title rooted in Chinese history and mythology.
Genre: RPG
Discount: 30% off until 7th February 2022
low rated
Anime-BlackWolf: Parts 6 upwards were published in english
So in other words, GOG is missing part 6 then? What's up with that?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So in other words, GOG is missing part 6 then? What's up with that?
Maybe they want to test the market with the "better" suited (more action) game part 7 here at GOG first.

Part 6 could come later, if part 7 sells well. Let's wait and see.
high rated
OdanUrr: I take it the release doesn't include the OST?
The soundtrack is part of The Art Collection DLC which also includes the art book.
OdanUrr: I take it the release doesn't include the OST?
Ice_Mage: The soundtrack is part of The Art Collection DLC which also includes the art book.
Cheers!
Nice! Had this on my Steam wishlist because I didn't expect it to show up on gog ever.
Looks decent, if not good. An Asian game that's steeped in history and myth. Most Chinese games I've played have been fairly mediocre in game play though. We'll see if this is better. But not today.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So this game is part 7? Why not bring the first 6 here as well?
Anime-BlackWolf: Parts 6 upwards were published in english. Parts 1 to 5 are chinese-only. So no market here, only for "real chinese". Not enough marketshare here on GOG. But I would buy the english translated ones.
Okay, but I have a problem starting a series with the 7th part ... that is if the story isn't self contained. Is this a stand alone story?
Anime-BlackWolf: Parts 6 upwards were published in english. Parts 1 to 5 are chinese-only. So no market here, only for "real chinese". Not enough marketshare here on GOG. But I would buy the english translated ones.
MarkoH01: Okay, but I have a problem starting a series with the 7th part ... that is if the story isn't self contained. Is this a stand alone story?
Agreed on this .. I can still enjoy such games if its mostly self contained or set so far flung from the other installments or atleast has references and some minor storyhook factors that doesn't go into detail from other installments that it doesn't break the game enjoyment and immersion from missing parts of whats going on and why storywise by the games end.. Regardless odds are I will still get it as it sounds up my ally in this games case
Post edited February 01, 2022 by BanditKeith2
MarkoH01: Okay, but I have a problem starting a series with the 7th part ... that is if the story isn't self contained. Is this a stand alone story?
It seems the story is stand alone with some references to the old games here and there like how the final fantasy games are

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1249800/discussions/0/2969519680688445978/
Each episode is self-contained and takes place during a specific period in the true history of China. The 7 happens at the end of the xin dynasty. The 6 takes place at the time shang if I remember correctly. Episode 4 or 5 during the 3 three kingdoms. etc

But the stories are really separated as ff or dragon quest.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So in other words, GOG is missing part 6 then? What's up with that?
From what I understand the 6 has a weird drm. You can play offline but must be connected to save your game. Maybe it's what prevents the release of 6 on gog.
Post edited February 01, 2022 by Lukin86
This looks really interesting, wishlisted for now!
Japanese games and now chinese games.
Very nice!
Lukin86: Each episode is self-contained and takes place during a specific period in the true history of China. The 7 happens at the end of the xin dynasty. The 6 takes place at the time shang if I remember correctly. Episode 4 or 5 during the 3 three kingdoms. etc

But the stories are really separated as ff or dragon quest.
Lukin86: From what I understand the 6 has a weird drm. You can play offline but must be connected to save your game. Maybe it's what prevents the release of 6 on gog.
Oh interesting can you tell me if they go in like historical order of time periods and not skip around in time periods ? Asking as this theme to it is quite interesting to me
It is a standalone story that occasionally involves a (non-playable) character who has flashbacks to earlier adventures. This NPC appears to have been important in prior games. (I am guessing. The credits feature footage of the earlier games, and those NES RPG-era graphics sure look like her on multiple occasions), but this game isn't her story, and she's not the hero.
alexandros050: It seems the story is stand alone with some references to the old games here and there like how the final fantasy games are

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1249800/discussions/0/2969519680688445978/
Lukin86: Each episode is self-contained and takes place during a specific period in the true history of China. The 7 happens at the end of the xin dynasty. The 6 takes place at the time shang if I remember correctly. Episode 4 or 5 during the 3 three kingdoms. etc
kud13: It is a standalone story that occasionally involves a (non-playable) character who has flashbacks to earlier adventures. This NPC appears to have been important in prior games. (I am guessing. The credits feature footage of the earlier games, and those NES RPG-era graphics sure look like her on multiple occasions), but this game isn't her story, and she's not the hero.
Thank you all. That helps a lot.