It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sequel to the 2012 award-winning strategy game has arrived. XCOM 2 is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a special 75% discount lasting until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. Earth is under alien rule. Facing almost impossible odds you must rebuild XCOM and ignite a global resistance to reclaim our world and save humanity.

Apart form the base game, also XCOM 2's DLCs receive special discounts until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. During that time, if you buy all the XCOM 2 titles, you will receive an additional 51% discount on the whole bundle.
Spectre: The screenshots are rubbish and don't tell us what the games about.
Is this a top down strategy or a FPS? We don't know because there's only silly cinematic poses.
Did you look at all of the screenshots or just the first one? There are two arrows for going back and forth...
teceem is right, this is for the offline installer.

The compressed size using GOG Galaxy is 70Gb and 74Gb for the uncompressed installed game.
Which is on par with the offline installer.
Post edited March 20, 2020 by Cyril21
low rated
Spectre: The screenshots are rubbish and don't tell us what the games about.
Is this a top down strategy or a FPS? We don't know because there's only silly cinematic poses.
krakataul: Did you look at all of the screenshots or just the first one? There are two arrows for going back and forth...
Yes and there's about 13 stupid screenshots and some menu screens. This isn't an isolated problem.
krakataul: Did you look at all of the screenshots or just the first one? There are two arrows for going back and forth...
Spectre: Yes and there's about 13 stupid screenshots and some menu screens. This isn't an isolated problem.
I always find that this sort of thing is what Youtube is for...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xcom+2+review
Cyril21: teceem is right, this is for the offline installer.

The compressed size using GOG Galaxy is 70Gb and 74Gb for the uncompressed installed game.
Thanks Cyril21 and Teceem, 74 Gb is doable, I'll probably snag it soon.
Post edited March 20, 2020 by bonzer
Have to say, WotC is a bit overwhelming, back when I played the game, only two smaller DLC's were released. The expansion changed quite a lot. Fatigue is among the things I'd like to get rid off, the rest I've seen so far is pretty cool. Liking the new faction units, even though they seem to make the game a lot easier.

All in all I'm having a blast so far. :D
Post edited March 21, 2020 by NuffCatnip
low rated
ShadowAngel.207: - Better Graphics (Obvious)
- Better Sound (XCom 2: WOTC adds a remix of the X-Com: Ufo Defense Soundtrack that is kickass)
- Streamlined UI that doesn't give you a migraine
- Multiplayer. Sadly, rather dead and Take2 C&D'd the developers of Tactical Coop which was a ton of fun but with friends the PvP is great actually.
- WotC added new gametypes like the Challenge Mode that is all about your tactical skills (with online leaderboards to compare how good you are)
The biggest reasons: MODS
Long War 2 may very well be the greatest singleplayer mod ever created. It turns the game inside out and adds so much stuff that it nearly feels like a completely new game by changing the entire approach (you really start as some ill-equiped noob-like resistance movement)
And all the other mods. From the hilarious voice packs (everything from TV/Movies/Video Games imaginable) to drastic game changing stuff like the awesome MOCX-Initiviative mods, to new enemies, new weapons, new levels and gameplay changing stuff or mods that add QoL things ("Evac All" is basically mandatory) there is so much that you never get tired of the game.
There are some really insane enemy types that challenge you tremendously, like the Omega Berserker, the Armored PSI Viper and other opponents, so even if the base game might feel easy (altough it really isn't, hardest difficulty is very challenging), you can just ramp up the difficulty even more to levels were even X-Com: Terror from the Deep is a walk in the park with god mode enabled in comparison.

I can't really go back to the old X-Com games anymore after experience this one with all the mods and possibilities, it just feels better and is a ton more fun in every way imaginable.
Hmm . I guess you are writting about the Steam version of the game .
Spectre: Yes and there's about 13 stupid screenshots and some menu screens. This isn't an isolated problem.
bonzer: I always find that this sort of thing is what Youtube is for...
Thanks but most of the western world knows about youtube and the same problem is even in game videos that are all cinematics.
Screenshots should be for a quick look to see what the game is about.

Going back to these games is this version much of an improvement over the one before it?
Post edited March 21, 2020 by Spectre
Spectre: Thanks but most of the western world knows about youtube and the same problem is even in game videos that are all cinematics.
Screenshots should be for a quick look to see what the game is about.

Going back to these games is this version much of an improvement over the one before it?
XCOM 2 retcons a lot of EU/EW but its pretty good otherwise. The gameplay is great.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xcom+2+review
Cyril21: teceem is right, this is for the offline installer.

bonzer: Thanks Cyril21 and Teceem, 74 Gb is doable, I'll probably snag it soon.
bonzer, I bought this recently with all the dlc. So far, I have just installed the base game and the reinforcement pack (want to play a run or two through the original game before installing War of the Choosen and rest of the dlc) and that has so far taken up 35.3 GB just fyi
There are numerous negative reviews (fair or unfair I can't say), yet the game still seems to be selling pretty well. I guess the GOG release is still a great deal for the sale price of $15?
tfishell: There are numerous negative reviews (fair or unfair I can't say), yet the game still seems to be selling pretty well. I guess the GOG release is still a great deal for the sale price of $15?
Its one of the best deals ever. Its basically a steal. Reviews are from idiots who hate game mechanics...
tfishell: There are numerous negative reviews (fair or unfair I can't say), yet the game still seems to be selling pretty well. I guess the GOG release is still a great deal for the sale price of $15?
The negative reviews seem to be about either

a) Raging against difficulty of game mechanics, confusing them with 'bugs' in the game

or

b) The lack of some extras content and features vs Steam version

The first one we can dismiss easily, but the 2nd one might be a real issue for some. Still, like you said, it's a steal at that price point.
I beat the game in just a couple of days. It's great.

Buy it please so we can get more fraxis games here :)

No DLC is missing, just multiplayer like the first game.
low rated
I always wondered why the XCOM aliens had the ability of interstellar spaceflight yet couldn't just destroy the armies of Earth from orbit or something.
Crosmando: I always wondered why the XCOM aliens had the ability of interstellar spaceflight yet couldn't just destroy the armies of Earth from orbit or something.
I'm about two weeks into the game, but the plot seems to be that they DID destroy the armies of Earth in part 2 (assumes XCOM lost in the first game). And the remaining humans are around to further *some kind* of genetic research / incorporation.

If you're asking how a technologically superior, immense military machine with near infinite resources "allows" a small underfunded resistance movement to persist and at times flourish, I refer you to the recent history of my own country ;)