It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sequel to the 2012 award-winning strategy game has arrived. XCOM 2 is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a special 75% discount lasting until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. Earth is under alien rule. Facing almost impossible odds you must rebuild XCOM and ignite a global resistance to reclaim our world and save humanity.

Apart form the base game, also XCOM 2's DLCs receive special discounts until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. During that time, if you buy all the XCOM 2 titles, you will receive an additional 51% discount on the whole bundle.
Machinators: The game crashes when opening it up after editing that .ini.
Should not happen of course, depends on where the crash happens to troubleshoot further, used mods, etc.
To simplify finding a solution I've attached my current mod setup via zip file.
Just extract the content of the folder into your main XCOM 2 game directory, e.g. C:\GOG Games\XCOM 2

Bear in mind that these mods as the instructions above are meant for War of the Chosen - I as of yet I did not test this with the base game.
This way we eliminate editing errors, if it works you can build from there using the example structure provided.

Edit: Attachment is missing... Checking...
Edit 2: As it appears currently, I can only wait for the file to show up. Would have been so simple...
Edit 3: For now I borrow Discord as file sharing helper, the file is uploaded here as well:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/454107146116792335/689933407064555551/XCOM_2_WotC_Mods.zip
Post edited March 18, 2020 by Midoryu
Midoryu: You have to edit the file DefaultModOptions.ini:
"C:\GOG Games\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Config\DefaultModOptions.ini"

Mods listed there are active, for example:

[Engine.XComModOptions]
ActiveMods="NoRevealCinematics"
ActiveMods="OverwatchAllWotC"
ActiveMods="AllEquipmentsinSkirmish"
ActiveMods="StopWastingMyTime"
ActiveMods="NumericHealthDisplayWotC"

The name has to be exactly as written in the XComMod filename, in the mods folder:
C:\GOG Games\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Mods\Numeric Health Display -WotC-
Seems like the file structure is exactly the same as for the Steam files. Thank you for your help! The 'No Reveal Cinematics' sounds like I mod that I might want, so I should go find it.
It's good to see a turn-based strategy game on sci-fi.
Although I bought it on Steam, I'm happy that players can now play DRM-free from here.
Machinators: The game crashes when opening it up after editing that .ini.
Midoryu: Should not happen of course, depends on where the crash happens to troubleshoot further, used mods, etc.
Just extract the content of the folder into your main XCOM 2 game directory, e.g. C:\GOG Games\XCOM 2

Bear in mind that these mods as the instructions above are meant for War of the Chosen - I as of yet I did not test this with the base game.
This way we eliminate editing errors, if it works you can build from there using the example structure provided.

Edit 2: As it appears currently, I can only wait for the file to show up. Would have been so simple...
Edit 3: For now I borrow Discord as file sharing helper, the file is uploaded here as well:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/454107146116792335/689933407064555551/XCOM_2_WotC_Mods.zip
I still get a startup crash, see attached .png.
Attachments:
Midoryu: Should not happen of course, depends on where the crash happens to troubleshoot further, used mods, etc.

Machinators: I still get a startup crash, see attached .png.
Reverse the changes you made and see if it still crashes. Then look for the issue.
Machinators: I still get a startup crash, see attached .png.
SarahGabriella: Reverse the changes you made and see if it still crashes. Then look for the issue.
It only crashes when I make any modifications to that .iini. Game works flawlessly otherwise (without mods being ran).
SarahGabriella: Reverse the changes you made and see if it still crashes. Then look for the issue.
Machinators: It only crashes when I make any modifications to that .iini. Game works flawlessly otherwise (without mods being ran).
Then maybe you got outdated mods or broke the game in some other way.

Did you use the folder the mods are in or the folder inside that one? You gotta take the one thats inside of that. Weirdly enough, mods come in 2 folders, 1 inside the other.

Good luck.
Machinators: It only crashes when I make any modifications to that .iini. Game works flawlessly otherwise (without mods being ran).
SarahGabriella: Then maybe you got outdated mods or broke the game in some other way.

Did you use the folder the mods are in or the folder inside that one? You gotta take the one thats inside of that. Weirdly enough, mods come in 2 folders, 1 inside the other.

Good luck.
My folder structure is:

/...
(i) Mods
(ii) [Name of mod]
(iii) Files with .XComMod <- DefaultModOptions.ini uses the name from this without the extension.

My mods are not outdated, I only tested a few (incl. Community Highlander, Mod Config Menu, Stop Wasting My Time WOTC) and they are the latest downloads from Steam Workshop (downloaded via a Steam downloader).
Machinators: [snip]
I've searched the web for your error message, what apparently helps is resetting the config files to clear old remnants by renaming the Config folder:

In your Documents folder;
My Games\XCOM2 War of the Chosen\XComGame\Config

Also some folks had issues with outdated mods.

If I were you, I'd rename that folder, empty/rename the Mods folder in
C:\GOG Games\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Mods

and unpack that ZIP file again into C:\GOG Games\XCOM 2

Then you'd be on par with my config, of which I can attest that it works.
Post edited March 19, 2020 by Midoryu
SarahGabriella: Then maybe you got outdated mods or broke the game in some other way.

Good luck.
Machinators: My folder structure is:

/...
(i) Mods
(ii) [Name of mod]
(iii) Files with .XComMod <- DefaultModOptions.ini uses the name from this without the extension.

My mods are not outdated, I only tested a few (incl. Community Highlander, Mod Config Menu, Stop Wasting My Time WOTC) and they are the latest downloads from Steam Workshop (downloaded via a Steam downloader).
Try what Midoryu said. Tho it worked for me as it normally should. I hope you can enjoy your game soon.
low rated
GOG.com: The sequel to the 2012 award-winning strategy game has arrived. XCOM 2 is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a special 75% discount lasting until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. Earth is under alien rule. Facing almost impossible odds you must rebuild XCOM and ignite a global resistance to reclaim our world and save humanity.
The screenshots are rubbish and don't tell us what the games about.
Is this a top down strategy or a FPS? We don't know because there's only silly cinematic poses.

JaqFrost: So there's no 'Launcher' folder at all? How do you swap between vanilla and WotC versions?

I don't think I could play the game without a few essential quality of life mods. Thanks for letting us know.
Midoryu: You have to edit the file DefaultModOptions.ini:
"C:\GOG Games\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\XComGame\Config\DefaultModOptions.ini"
That sounds like the sort of information that belongs in a readme file.

lol @ the state of GoG forums down repping helpful advice.
Post edited March 20, 2020 by Spectre
I was all set to get this, then I saw the sizes of the main game and the expansion...approx 100 Gb? I checked under the downloads section of MaGog and it appears about right. can anyone confirm?
Post edited March 20, 2020 by bonzer
68.9 Gb for XCOM 2 with all DLCs.
Cyril21: 68.9 Gb for XCOM 2 with all DLCs.
Thanks for that Cyril21. is that the download size (compressed) or the final install size?
Cyril21: 68.9 Gb for XCOM 2 with all DLCs.
bonzer: Thanks for that Cyril21. is that the download size (compressed) or the final install size?
That is the offline installer.