It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sequel to the 2012 award-winning strategy game has arrived. XCOM 2 is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a special 75% discount lasting until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. Earth is under alien rule. Facing almost impossible odds you must rebuild XCOM and ignite a global resistance to reclaim our world and save humanity.

Apart form the base game, also XCOM 2's DLCs receive special discounts until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. During that time, if you buy all the XCOM 2 titles, you will receive an additional 51% discount on the whole bundle.
SarahGabriella: You need to buy the bundle in its entirety pretty much or you pay more. I noticed this too late and bought the base game. You can buy them for a lesser discount individually too.
Tarhiel: You can write to support and politely explain you would like a refund so that you can buy the whole pack.
Already did, theyre a bit overloaded atm. Maybe i get wallet funds tho.

Gotta admit that the bundle was a bit hidden and the only link to it seems to be this thread.
SarahGabriella: Gotta admit that the bundle was a bit hidden and the only link to it seems to be this thread.
It's also in the newspost (implicitly), but considering how high the all-in discount via that deal is, the choice of words might not have been ideal. I myself didn't properly notice the deal until someone mentioned it in the thread.
Question - is it any good?. How is it compared to the first one?
Niggles: Question - is it any good?. How is it compared to the first one?
That's an easy answer - it's better in every way. Especially with the expansion.

Apart from maybe if you enjoy less of a challenge - then the first one might be enjoyed more. But there are difficulty options in XCOM2 - the 'Rookie' difficulty should be fine for most. But Legendary Ironman or Commander Ironman was doable in the first one (or XCOM EW/EU). In XCOM 2 though, damn. I know only a few Youtubers who managed it legit on Legendary. You'll know what I mean if you try it for yourself.

But yeah, I can't think of a better turn-based tactical strategy game (with some RPG elements I guess), certainly in the past decade or so.

How is it better? Well, that's a long answer. I'd rather just go play it ;)
The mod tools aren't included in this version. If GOG could get in contact with Firaxis about including those, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks for the game and DLC GOG! I buy it, even i don´t have time to play it now, because of project work of mine!
Niggles: Question - is it any good?. How is it compared to the first one?
Well, they did retcon some of the canon from Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within. Enemy Within is almost entirely non canon while only the first few missions of Enemy Unknown are canon.
XCOM lost, aliens took over and you play as the resistance trying to take back the planet from the aliens.

There are more mission timers now and a overall timer a little bit into the game of a mysterious project. But it depends on how you wanna play, you can change these timers any way you like and game files are open for editing too.

I think its a lot of fun, character creation is bigger and better than ever, lots of new fancy tech to explore.
I feel they could have made a deluxe edition bundle just to be more clear. But regardless, great catch GOG.
Post edited March 17, 2020 by slbunny
Tarhiel: You can write to support and politely explain you would like a refund so that you can buy the whole pack.
SarahGabriella: Already did, theyre a bit overloaded atm. Maybe i get wallet funds tho.

Gotta admit that the bundle was a bit hidden and the only link to it seems to be this thread.
Yes I have also learned about the bundle only thanks to reading this thread first.
Otherwise I am sure I would miss out some DLC here or there.
I'm passing on this one but very awesome start to the year with big releases (Mortal Kombat 4 being my fav).
Tell me , why is this game worth the purchase instead of X-Com: UFO Defense ?
Nice...I have first XCOM on PS3 (never played), on GOG (never played) it's obvious I have to pick a full package of sequel..right?
Most excellent release!! Instabought the whole package! Thanks!!
If I didn't see this thread on the first page today, I'd probably have overlooked the bundle. Bought it immediately. :)
low rated
Zoidberg: GOG Cooooonneeeeeect pleeeeeease!
Loger13: Seriously, it's time for you to stop giving a third of the price of the game to Gaben, and then demand the game here.
Why? Are you gonna tell people what they can do with their wallets? Some people cannot afford double purchase at some times and thus they would *like* GOG Connect. It doesn't matter if it's morally OK and such.
And your comment was inapropriate because it's not like that game was released on GOG on day one. I assure you many people would buy it here instead if that would be the case (bacause day one prices are generally the same here as on steam so at that point it's up to customers platform preference mostly).

B1tF1ghter: ...
Loger13: What do you howl like stung? Feral has repeatedly stated that they are against DRM-free policies, and therefore are not going to release their ports of games in GOG.
Yes well. First of all it doesn't matter what company states what they are "gonna" do "someday" or what they are "definitely" not gonna do as it's really popular for companies to change their choices. And that is frequently the case in THIS industry.
Besides your entire comment basically reads "Feral Interactive stated they are not gonna release their ports here so STOP DEMANDING IT HERE". That is basically what you are saying.

Second of all. My message was not directed towards you or really ANY users (well the part where I responded to users was but I'm not talking about that part now) just TOWARDS GOG.
I ONLY said truth and I ONLY tried to brign to GOGs attention that people are getting irritated and are not happy about it (I'm not alone. There is plenty of people here that are really not happy about this, you can even see it in this very thread).
And since people here were demanding linux support (in various forms) for AGES (even going as far as making separate wishes for linux ports alone) and it doesn't seem like ANYTHING is done in that regard then ME as well as MANY other people are getting irritated. Hence the tone.
If you don't like message NOT meant FOR YOU then don't read it. It's that simple.
Instead you chose to pursue personal vendetta against me for JUST TELLING THE TRUTH.
Did my message (that was very clearly meant for GOG and NOT any users) offend you? Well I'm sorry, do you work for Feral Interactive PR division by any chance? Because you sure took a furious response approach like you would be working for them.

Loger13: HOW THE HELL DO YOU WRITE this
Oh I don't know. Because I CAN and it is NOT UP TO YOU to decide who can write what?

Loger13: BS
What EXACTLY was BS in my post? You know if you accuse somebody you have to prove it generally. You are now attacking me as an individual just bacuse I critisised a company publicly. Really grown up behaviour.

Loger13: not to a company that can decide to release a game here?
You seem to be totally oblivious to the fact that GOG actively pursues companies and actively works on improving their contacts and relations with them. THIS is actually one of the places where concerns like mine should be raised.
Because GOG does read some posts and if they see more and more such posts they will feel more encouraged to do something about what people demand.

Loger13: Why did Feral rap you, and your groans "oh, my butt hurts" are we forced to listen here?
Do you think with your butt? Because if I'm offended for company ignoring it's clients then it has nothing to do with my butt really. My butt does not hurt. How about yours?
Is somebody forcing you to read my posts? This is forum. Anybody can write anything here. And my post was clearly not directed towards you. It was directed towards GOG. Yet you took this as personal offence and started attacking me. In your TRY of defending GOG (I guess?) you actually sounded more like you would be trying to defend Feral Interactive.
It is true that Feral Interactive is not very DRM-free friendly (which is BIZZARE considering how their ports' code looks like) but it DOES NOT mean we should just sit here and accept it. If nobody even tries to raise the voice about it then surely nothing is gonna change any time soon.

Loger13: Write your text towels to them.
Write my what? I'm sorry I don't speak your slang I guess...
It's funny how you JUST ASSUMED what I DO and what I did not do. That's actually hilarious.
And btw if you take personal offence for somebody writing long (not really but ok) post to NOT YOU then maybe don't read? But (unlike you who personally attack people and try to tell them what they should and shouldn't do) I'm not gonna try to stop you from doing so. Pick your poison I guess...
And IF it is directed towards you like this one then either buckle up and read it if you want it and accept that someone ELSE-THAN-YOU may be more verbal than you or stop b*tching about it.

Loger13: Damn it, do not spoil the image of Linux users as serious, smart and technically savvy people with posts like yours. You only do harm.
Actually if anything then I'm working on improving Linux users image. Because Linux users are NOT some "bunch of nerds sitting in a basement" and are not gonna silently accept any BS people throw towards them. I am a part of a community and I'm raising my voice so people can hear that Linux community is not gonna put up with this.
And if you fail to uderstand wisdom of my post then maybe you shouldn't get automatically triggered.
You attacked me personally and offended me in public for saying the truth in a public forum. I suggest you calm down because your emotions are clouding your judgement. I and never meant any offence towards you, you really need to understand that too. I'm sorry if I offended you by my criticism. But I was right and you technically speaking shouldn't take any issue with it unless you work for Feral Interactive PR division or something (well if you do then I guess <in Heath Ledgers Joker's voice> "HI" ).

And you know gang-downvoting somebody for stuff like what I said as well as people not liking the ommitment of achievements for games published on GOG (not in this case) and other similar things is really not very grown up behaviour.
People are literally loosing their reputation counter points just because they raise VALID concerns (like lack of systems-other-than-windows ports, lack of achievements, lack of various functions, and so on).
I know this system is automated but moderators should at least check those massively downvoted posts to make sure people are not getting unfairly downvoted.

Peace
(Luke)