It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sequel to the 2012 award-winning strategy game has arrived. XCOM 2 is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a special 75% discount lasting until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. Earth is under alien rule. Facing almost impossible odds you must rebuild XCOM and ignite a global resistance to reclaim our world and save humanity.

Apart form the base game, also XCOM 2's DLCs receive special discounts until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. During that time, if you buy all the XCOM 2 titles, you will receive an additional 51% discount on the whole bundle.
Grargar: A display bug. Once you go to the checkout, it will fix itself.
Thank you for the information. ^_^
I'm not up to date on the price shenanigans, but 22 bucks for everything seems pretty good.
I don't think I can play it on my setup right now, but when I upgrade in like 10 years it'll be nice to have this lying around.
pkk234: I'm not up to date on the price shenanigans, but 22 bucks for everything seems pretty good.
I don't think I can play it on my setup right now, but when I upgrade in like 10 years it'll be nice to have this lying around.
It's not $22, Though I see £UK price, it also shows me $US price as well.
Don't know where you're getting that figure from, these are the sale prices I see on each of the items pages.

XCOM 2 = $14.99 @ 75% off = £8.79
XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack (DLC) = $2.49 @ 50% off = £1.99
XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack (DLC) = $9.99 @ 50% off = £8.00
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Expansion) = $13.19 @ 67% off = £11.59
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack (DLC)= $7.99 = £6.49

Biggest discrepancy I see is it gives base Game full Price as $60.00 = £34.99
The War of the Chosen has different dollar value at $39.00 = £34.99
US WOTC price is shown as $20 less than base game, but UK price is exactly the same as base game

So the Total "Sale Price" $48.65 = £36.86, nearly $50 in sale for full package
Full Package normal price is $132.95 = £96.46

Edit FYI, you need XCOM2, to play WOTC, it's an expansion, not a standalone game
It really should be standalone, but if I remember correctly you can access all the Base game DLC in WOTC.
The two story mission based gear ones, Shen's Last Gift, and Alien Hunter's are menu toggles, set at start.
Others are just extra gear and cosmetic. outfits.
Post edited March 17, 2020 by UhuruNUru
low rated
MrMuggles: Not playable with wine for me. Linux users are out of luck unfortunately
BitMaster_1980: It seems to work pretty well on my end.
You can confirm the GOG version works through Wine on Linux?
UhuruNUru: SNIP
I just paid $23.47 for everything

As always I will insta-buy fair priced DRM-free AAA games on release day :D

Keep up the good work GOG
*Scream!* Thank you so much GOG!!!

I just bought the whole package too at $23.47. And here I am saving my money for more important things, but I really couldn't resist this!

Thanks again, GOG! You rock!
Not that I´ve finished the first one, bu of course: Instabought!
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Typical that GOG customers get treated like second-class citizens again via having the multiplayer completely gutted out of this XCOM 2 game on GOG, whilst Steam gets both multiplayer and also cross-platform multiplayer for the same game.

Why even wait 4 years to release it on GOG then? They could have just as well gutted the multiplayer for the GOG version and released it on GOG on day one in 2016 (not that that have been okay either).

At least they didn't shaft GOG customers on Achievements, so I give them credit for that.
Do you go on Steam and cry about not getting offline installers? Maybe you should! lol
I don't know what prices non-American are paying, but the ~$23 price we do seems like a great deal overall, unless one considers the base price too high anyway.

As for missing multiplayer, maybe the base price should be slightly less to compensate for that, but the initial discount for everything is pretty deep anyway - 80%+ off - so if you doubt you'd play multiplayer anyway, maybe go for this.
Post edited March 17, 2020 by tfishell
tfishell: I don't know what prices non-American are paying, but the ~$23 price we do seems like a great deal overall, unless one considers the base price too high anyway.

As for missing multiplayer, maybe the base price should be slightly less to compensate for that, but the initial discount for everything is pretty deep anyway - 80%+ off - so if you doubt you'd play multiplayer anyway, maybe go for this.
That's a large pizza with 3 toppings. No complaints. ;p
BitMaster_1980: It seems to work pretty well on my end.
rojimboo: You can confirm the GOG version works through Wine on Linux?
I did not play exhaustively because the download took a while but it started up, I got the menu, played the tutorial mission, the story mission thingie afterwards and entered a "random" mission. Everything worked reasonably well, but I got a new AMD Radeon RX 5700 before Christmas because the old card died and modern AMD cards seem to give you the best chances in these situations.

Otherwise, it's minimal effort setup. Installed Lutris, then Galaxy through Lutris, after that installed everything though Galaxy. Nearly everything I tried (and all of which I really care about) just worked. Had to disable esync though because Grim Dawn CTDs after a while with that enabled and several things appeared to work better after I enabled the virtual desktop.

Edit: actually, there was one thing that slowed me down for a moment: the default Kubuntu setup did not include the 32bit drivers but the resulting errors were not helpful. After some minor digging I found this though, and a lot of games I had problems before started working.
Post edited March 17, 2020 by BitMaster_1980
NovusBogus: GOG really tearin' it up right now--first Dishonored, now this. You are rapidly chipping away at the relatively small list of Steam exclusives that I'm interested in but never played.
Yea, i rather wait for DRM games to come to GOG someday than buy them with DRM. GOG will get them eventually.
UhuruNUru: This is a POS Rip off by Take 2, not the game, it's great, I mean the price the Publisher is asking you to pay.

XCOM 2
XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack (DLC)
XCOM 2: Digital Soundtrack (DLC)
XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack (DLC)
XCOM 2: Anarchy's Children
XCOM 2: Alien Hunters
XCOM 2: Shen's Last Gift

The list above was the Digital Deluxe edition I bought at release
XCOM 2: Digital Deluxe = £47.99 @ Release: 5 February 2016 (4 years ago)

Same again I bought WOTC at release

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Expansion)
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack (DLC)

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack - £34.99 Release: 29 August 2017 (over 2 1/2 years ago)

So now 4 years after release it's being sold at artificially high, full prices to make the Sale price appear better
Not just on GOG, it's same on Steam as well.

XCOM 2 = £34.99 @ 75% off = £8.79
XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack (DLC) = £3.99 @ 50% off = £1.99
XCOM 2: Digital Soundtrack (DLC) Not available now as far as I can tell.
XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack (DLC) = £16.00 @ 50% off = £8.00
XCOM 2: Anarchy's Children
XCOM 2: Alien Hunters
XCOM 2: Shen's Last Gift
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Expansion) = £34.99 @ 67% off = £11.59
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack (DLC) = £6.49

Note: Steam users can get a less attractive "XCOM 2: Digital Deluxe" it only Includes XCOM 2 and XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack. Not available on GOG, so bracketed.price below includes that Steam only Bundle

So Total full price is listed today = £96.46 (£93.46)
Total full price I paid on release = £82.98

Yes, this 4 year old games now listed at £13.48 (£10.48) more than when released.

The fake "Sale price" is the real full price, this should be sold at, with any discount taken off that price.
So the Total "sale Price" = £36.86
Which is just 45% of the £82.98, I paid at release.
A fair Full price for the Complete Edition of XCOM2.
Witcher 3 GOTY edition is £35 for example, without a discount, and on sale with 70% off = £10.49
I rest my case, this is a Rip off.

Give me a 67% discount, of that, around $12, and I'll instantly buy the GOG version, for it's offline installer.
For a Complete edition of 4 year old game, that I don't already own, I'll not pay more than £20.

So don't be fooled by that Fake eye catching "75%" discount, it's way overpriced.
Its in a bundle right now for 23 euro...thats a 81% discount. And this content will go on sale more than once on GOG, so its not like it actually costs more than when it was released even tho youre part right, the regular non sales price is a rip off but the problem is, same with BioShock Infinite which is also at 55 euro, its a super popular game and demand drives the price up.
kharille: Will probably buy 2012 version in the next 12 days. I got it on steam but since I'm at it and the sale is up....
Buy the bundle for 23 euro because thats the best deal right now at 81% discount.
SpellSword: Is anyone else getting this when they try to purchase XCOM 2?

If I add both "XCOM 2" & "XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack" to the cart both lose their price reduction!?

It seems to fix if the game and all DLC are added.

I'll attach a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Did I misunderstand how this sale works?
You need to buy the bundle in its entirety pretty much or you pay more. I noticed this too late and bought the base game. You can buy them for a lesser discount individually too.
pkk234: I'm not up to date on the price shenanigans, but 22 bucks for everything seems pretty good.
UhuruNUru: It's not $22, Though I see £UK price, it also shows me $US price as well.
Don't know where you're getting that figure from, these are the sale prices I see on each of the items pages.

XCOM 2 = $14.99 @ 75% off = £8.79
XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack (DLC) = $2.49 @ 50% off = £1.99
XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack (DLC) = $9.99 @ 50% off = £8.00
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Expansion) = $13.19 @ 67% off = £11.59
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack (DLC)= $7.99 = £6.49

Biggest discrepancy I see is it gives base Game full Price as $60.00 = £34.99
The War of the Chosen has different dollar value at $39.00 = £34.99
US WOTC price is shown as $20 less than base game, but UK price is exactly the same as base game

So the Total "Sale Price" $48.65 = £36.86, nearly $50 in sale for full package
Full Package normal price is $132.95 = £96.46

Edit FYI, you need XCOM2, to play WOTC, it's an expansion, not a standalone game
It really should be standalone, but if I remember correctly you can access all the Base game DLC in WOTC.
The two story mission based gear ones, Shen's Last Gift, and Alien Hunter's are menu toggles, set at start.
Others are just extra gear and cosmetic. outfits.
You look at individual items, look at the bundle. Its a 81% discount for all items together and at 23 euro.
Post edited March 17, 2020 by SarahGabriella
BitMaster_1980: I did not play exhaustively because the download took a while but it started up, I got the menu, played the tutorial mission, the story mission thingie afterwards and entered a "random" mission. Everything worked reasonably well, but I got a new AMD Radeon RX 5700 before Christmas because the old card died and modern AMD cards seem to give you the best chances in these situations.

Otherwise, it's minimal effort setup. Installed Lutris, then Galaxy through Lutris, after that installed everything though Galaxy. Nearly everything I tried (and all of which I really care about) just worked. Had to disable esync though because Grim Dawn CTDs after a while with that enabled and several things appeared to work better after I enabled the virtual desktop.

Edit: actually, there was one thing that slowed me down for a moment: the default Kubuntu setup did not include the 32bit drivers but the resulting errors were not helpful. After some minor digging I found this though, and a lot of games I had problems before started working.
Nice!

That's more than good enough for me. Seems like the drm-free version works under wine for linux. Unlike it's Steam counterpart, thanks for letting people know.

At least we have something, I might consider picking this up now.
No linux build is a turnoff (though I understand it's not GOG's fault).
SarahGabriella: You need to buy the bundle in its entirety pretty much or you pay more. I noticed this too late and bought the base game. You can buy them for a lesser discount individually too.
You can write to support and politely explain you would like a refund so that you can buy the whole pack.