It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sequel to the 2012 award-winning strategy game has arrived. XCOM 2 is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a special 75% discount lasting until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. Earth is under alien rule. Facing almost impossible odds you must rebuild XCOM and ignite a global resistance to reclaim our world and save humanity.

Apart form the base game, also XCOM 2's DLCs receive special discounts until 30th March 2020, 1 PM UTC. During that time, if you buy all the XCOM 2 titles, you will receive an additional 51% discount on the whole bundle.
iregart: Some missions has a time limit, say resolve that objectice in 10 rounds. Later in the game, there will be a doomsday ticker. That is sort of a time limit on the world map. But it is not that bad either. You can reduce it by doing main missions and countering specific dark events by doing a mission.
falloutttt: Got it! Thanks for the details! Will have to see for myself I guess. But usually time-limited games are no go for me. I need my freedom! :D
Your welcome!
when you buy everything, in the USA at least
"-$132.95- $23.55
You save $109.4 (82%)"
high rated
Zoidberg: GOG Cooooonneeeeeect pleeeeeease!
Seriously, it's time for you to stop giving a third of the price of the game to Gaben, and then demand the game here.

B1tF1ghter: ...
What do you howl like stung? Feral has repeatedly stated that they are against DRM-free policies, and therefore are not going to release their ports of games in GOG.
Write your text towels to them.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU WRITE this BS here, not to a company that can decide to release a game here? Why did Feral rap you, and your groans "oh, my butt hurts" are we forced to listen here?

Damn it, do not spoil the image of Linux users as serious, smart and technically savvy people with posts like yours. You only do harm.
FWIW, bought because of the Linux build.
Signed: 2K Civ & xcom fan.
This is perfect! It was still hanging on my Steam wishlist. Now I can happily buy it over here at GOG completely DRM-free.
Post edited March 16, 2020 by Nicole28
falloutttt: Oh, so it's only the missions that are time limited ? I guess it's not that bad then.

Thank you! :)

Will have a look into it, thank you!
iregart: Some missions has a time limit, say resolve that objectice in 10 rounds. Later in the game, there will be a doomsday ticker. That is sort of a time limit on the world map. But it is not that bad either. You can reduce it by doing main missions, destroying enemy bases and countering specific dark events by doing a mission.
You can disable this with a mod.
SarahGabriella: Its not like its an issue...just dont take an hour to move across a map...
falloutttt: Oh, so it's only the missions that are time limited ? I guess it's not that bad then.

iregart: The time limit was not that bad. At least for me. I don't think you can turn it off initially. But i heard of mods, that can.
falloutttt: Will have a look into it, thank you!
Djaron: i didnt understand this whole extra 51% discount... once i saw the announcement of release on gog, i purchased everything in one single order and the grand total was around 45€

now i own everything, i could REBUY it for only 22 ? but then... for gifting purpose only i guess ?

or did i have a bug when i placed my order and i should have got the whole 22€ entire package price ? or was it normal that i got 45€for base game plus all DLCs in my initial order ?

i'm really really confused here
falloutttt: They fixed the price after about an hour after the release of the game. So you should ask for refund and buy again.
I had previously bought the entire X-com series before this came here, maybe if you own the original series you get an extra discount?

Will have a look into it, thank you!

They fixed the price after about an hour after the release of the game. So you should ask for refund and buy again.
takezodunmer2005: I had previously bought the entire X-com series before this came here, maybe if you own the original series you get an extra discount?
I only had the first game before I bought the second, so no idea.

All I know is that, when I was about to buy the collection here right when it was released, it was at 60 CDN$. And a little later I checked again and it was changed/fixed to 30 CDN$ and so I bought it.
Not playable with wine for me. Linux users are out of luck unfortunately
MrMuggles: Not playable with wine for me. Linux users are out of luck unfortunately
It seems to work pretty well on my end.
GOG really tearin' it up right now--first Dishonored, now this. You are rapidly chipping away at the relatively small list of Steam exclusives that I'm interested in but never played.
low rated
This is a POS Rip off by Take 2, not the game, it's great, I mean the price the Publisher is asking you to pay.

XCOM 2
XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack (DLC)
XCOM 2: Digital Soundtrack (DLC)
XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack (DLC)
XCOM 2: Anarchy's Children
XCOM 2: Alien Hunters
XCOM 2: Shen's Last Gift

The list above was the Digital Deluxe edition I bought at release
XCOM 2: Digital Deluxe = £47.99 @ Release: 5 February 2016 (4 years ago)

Same again I bought WOTC at release

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Expansion)
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack (DLC)

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack - £34.99 Release: 29 August 2017 (over 2 1/2 years ago)

So now 4 years after release it's being sold at artificially high, full prices to make the Sale price appear better
Not just on GOG, it's same on Steam as well.

XCOM 2 = £34.99 @ 75% off = £8.79
XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack (DLC) = £3.99 @ 50% off = £1.99
XCOM 2: Digital Soundtrack (DLC) Not available now as far as I can tell.
XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack (DLC) = £16.00 @ 50% off = £8.00
XCOM 2: Anarchy's Children
XCOM 2: Alien Hunters
XCOM 2: Shen's Last Gift
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Expansion) = £34.99 @ 67% off = £11.59
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack (DLC) = £6.49

Note: Steam users can get a less attractive "XCOM 2: Digital Deluxe" it only Includes XCOM 2 and XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack. Not available on GOG, so bracketed.price below includes that Steam only Bundle

So Total full price is listed today = £96.46 (£93.46)
Total full price I paid on release = £82.98

Yes, this 4 year old games now listed at £13.48 (£10.48) more than when released.

The fake "Sale price" is the real full price, this should be sold at, with any discount taken off that price.
So the Total "sale Price" = £36.86
Which is just 45% of the £82.98, I paid at release.
A fair Full price for the Complete Edition of XCOM2.
Witcher 3 GOTY edition is £35 for example, without a discount, and on sale with 70% off = £10.49
I rest my case, this is a Rip off.

Give me a 67% discount, of that, around $12, and I'll instantly buy the GOG version, for it's offline installer.
For a Complete edition of 4 year old game, that I don't already own, I'll not pay more than £20.

So don't be fooled by that Fake eye catching "75%" discount, it's way overpriced.
Post edited March 17, 2020 by UhuruNUru
Will probably buy 2012 version in the next 12 days. I got it on steam but since I'm at it and the sale is up....
Is anyone else getting this when they try to purchase XCOM 2?

If I add both "XCOM 2" & "XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack" to the cart both lose their price reduction!?

It seems to fix if the game and all DLC are added.

I'll attach a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Did I misunderstand how this sale works?
Attachments:
xcom2sale.jpg (251 Kb)
SpellSword: Is anyone else getting this when they try to purchase XCOM 2?

If I add both "XCOM 2" & "XCOM 2: Resistance Warrior Pack" to the cart both lose their price reduction!?

It seems to fix if the game and all DLC are added.

I'll attach a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Did I misunderstand how this sale works?
A display bug. Once you go to the checkout, it will fix itself.