It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fight Chaos in this ultimate version of Warhammer: Chaosbane, which includes the Tomb Kings expansion, all existing content, and the new Witch Hunter class.

Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 50% discount lasting 24 hours - until 11th November 2020, 5 PM UTC. During that time, also Warhammer: Chaosbane base game receives a 50% discount that will end on 11th November 2020, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Can you please give an explanation for this in the description of the game?

THE ULTIMATE VERSION OF THE GAME: unlock all DLC with this edition to enjoy an enhanced game experience and unlimited replayability!

But, I do not see any DLC checked in the Goodies content table for Slayer Edition...
Right. Is this bad copy? An error?
The Magnus Edition has been removed and with it all the extras, so you can no longer acquire them in any way?

Edit: The Slayer Edition contains everything.
Post edited November 10, 2020 by Alexim
high rated
Wait a minute, what just happened? I bought the Magnus Edition when it was released here, which came with everything.

Now you add a new DLC, delete the old complete edition, you give me the base game since it now includes most of the old DLC, and you introduce a NEW COMPLETE EDITION that I can't own without rebuying everything AGAIN?

I think I'm done with buying games on the PC for a while...

EDIT: I can't believe what a clusterfuck my collection has become. Littered with missing DLC entries even though I own them since they are included in season passes, littered with base games and all their DLCs, but still missing the complete editions, littered with complete editions and season passes PLUS additional DLC, since they weren't really complete editions or season passes.
Post edited November 10, 2020 by MadalinStroe
MadalinStroe: Wait a minute, what just happened? I bought the Magnus Edition when it was released here, which came with everything.

Now you add a new DLC, delete the old complete edition, you give me the base game since it now includes most of the old DLC, and you introduce a NEW COMPLETE EDITION that I can't own without rebuying everything AGAIN?

If you (and all others, me included) bought the old Magnus Edition, we have ALL DLC but the new Witch Hunter DLC.

So we need to buy the Witch Hunter DLC (sold for 9,99 €) and we have the "new" complete edition.

It seems now the "low tier" extras as pets or power packs can only be bought in the "new" big edition. Not the biggest problem. Was so the last months till today, too.

EDIT: so guys, is the new "class" worth 10 Euro? Anyone with inside views here?
Post edited November 10, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
MadalinStroe: Wait a minute, what just happened? I bought the Magnus Edition when it was released here, which came with everything.

EDIT: I can't believe what a clusterfuck my collection has become. Filled with missing DLC entries even though I own them since they are included in season passes, filled with base games and all their DLCs, but still missing the complete editions, filled with complete editions and season passes PLUS additional DLC, since they weren't really complete editions or season passes.
I agree, for collectors now video games have become a patchwork of a thousand different versions and endless DLC, even waiting a year or two to buy a game no longer gives the guarantee of having the full version.

Anyway, from a look I had given a few minutes ago before they removed it, it seemed that the Magnus Edition actually had some extras that you can't buy in any way anymore or am I wrong?
Yeah, but those were never purchaseable as "normal" DLC. Pet packs, power packs... ingame stuff.

I presume those "extras" are now part of the Slayer Edition from the start.
Anime-BlackWolf: Yeah, but those were never purchaseable as "normal" DLC. Pet packs, power packs... ingame stuff.

I presume those "extras" are now part of the Slayer Edition from the start.
Oh thank you, I mistakenly thought it also contained artbook, soundtrack or something like that.
So the Slayer Edition is the best option to have all... at least for now :P
Yeah. Slayer edition seems to be the "new" complete edition until they find something new to add as purchaseable DLC. I thought the game was at the end of it's production circle when it arrived here, I was wrong it seems...

EDIT: you "miss out" on this stuff (was included in the first "Magnus Edition"):

Base Fragment Boost 1.15 - 20.11.06 4 MB
Pet Pack 2 1.15 - 20.11.06 5 MB
Gold Boost 1.15 - 20.11.06 5 MB
Emotes 2 & Blessing 1.15 - 20.11.06 5 MB
Pets Pack 1.15 - 20.11.06 6 MB
Tomb Kings DLC 1.15 - 20.11.06 5 MB (buyable as seperate DLC !!!)
Gods Pack 1.15 - 20.11.06 5 MB
Emotes Pack 1.15 - 20.11.06 6 MB

Nothing to miss as seperate buyable stuff.
Post edited November 10, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
Emotes pack? Pet pack? Gold boost? Paying real money for in-game gold? Are you fucking serious? What is this shit even doing in an offline single-player game?

I actually had the standard edition wishlisted, but I had no idea they are pulling offcrap like this. Fuck that noise. Un-wishlisted. Good day, sir.
Post edited November 10, 2020 by Breja
I don't think I'll buy anything more from these guys. I thought I was buying the best edition and less than 4 months after release on GOG (if my order history is any indication) and they have a new final edition at a much lower base price.

The same thing happened with POE champion and royal edition, but at least they waited a lot longer than 3+ months before they did that.

I'm not going to blame them, I'm blaming myself for letting a sale tag be my deciding factor when it comes to buying games. I'm also done with overpriced "super duper" editions, they just never end getting upgraded, there's always that one more DLC. Reminds me of the NWN enhanced edition digital deluxe edition that was never quite deluxe since they just had to add 2 more DLCs.

I don't blame GOG either, but I'm done with these gimmicks from any devs from now on. Unless it's for purely nostalgia reasons, I got enough backlog to wait for those newly released games to get updated to the super duper editions and wait another super duper long time to ensure they are complete and then wait some more until they end up on a super duper sale.

I feel for ya MadalinStroe, but I'm just gonna write this one off as stupidity on my part. I'll just consider this a wake up call to look before I leap. Not worth losing sleep over.

Hopefully this didn't sound like a rant lol.
Anime-BlackWolf: Yeah. Slayer edition seems to be the "new" complete edition until they find something new to add as purchaseable DLC. I thought the game was at the end of it's production circle when it arrived here, I was wrong it seems...

EDIT: you "miss out" on this stuff (was included in the first "Magnus Edition"):

Base Fragment Boost 1.15 - 20.11.06 4 MB
Pet Pack 2

Nothing to miss as seperate buyable stuff.
Thanks for posting that, I had it gifted to myself and hadn't claimed it yet. I tend to do that in case I find out within the 30 days that I didn't want the game, but for some reason I forgot about buying this one. Now I wish I hadn't lol.
Post edited November 10, 2020 by gog2002x
Since NOBODY likes to specify the NEW content, see "the other" store:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1396230/Warhammer_Chaosbane_Witch_Hunter/

Quote:
Meet Jurgen Haider, a master of gun and blade, and a zeal for slaying the daemons unmatched by his peers. The Witch Hunter will release alongside a suite of changes and improvements to the core experience, this includes:

Expanded Bestiary
New Zones
Expanded Hub Areas
4K Texture Pack (Optional Download - Free)

The Witch Hunter will be available on November 10th as paid DLC for Warhammer: Chaosbane.
Quote end.

Looks like a complete "expansion", if not a small one. Worth 10 bucks? Hmmmmm...
Anime-BlackWolf: Quote:
Meet Jurgen Haider, a master of gun and blade, and a zeal for slaying the daemons unmatched by his peers. The Witch Hunter will release alongside a suite of changes and improvements to the core experience, this includes:

Looks like a complete "expansion", if not a small one. Worth 10 bucks? Hmmmmm...
Sigh...hopefully these improvements at least make it to the Magnus Edition. I'd rather not feel worse lol.

Well I ended up claiming it out of curiosity and yea all 8 DLCs except the Witch Hunter DLC that comes with the Slayer Edition. Same sale price back then, w/o the new DLC lol. Why the heck did they have such a high base price back then and lowering it only a few short months later. Oh well.
Post edited November 10, 2020 by gog2002x
The 8 DLC were sold as a "Season Pass" (!!!) and without that pass, are QUITE expensive.

See Steam-Page for the Slayer Edition. 80 Bucks for all without discount. oO

The developers planed to make it big with the online community (multiplayer game), but failed. A lot.

At least "our" complete version here is quite "cheap" with all discounts.