It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legacy lives on in you.

<span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing</span> & <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II</span>, the first two parts of an action-packed monster-hunting series, are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can get both games at 75% off, including full GOG Galaxy support for achievements and leaderboards.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing are nothing short of an incredible mashup of gothic-noir settings, a twisted take on Bram Stoker's universe, weird technology, and monster-related consequences of mankind's thoughtless chase of the next breakthrough. Your father was Abraham Van Helsing, doctor, vampire hunter, legend. Will you do justice to the Van Helsing legacy?
Damn right you will.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing are, at their soul, unceasingly intense hack'n'shlashes featuring a badass hero, badder monsters, and plenty of weapon drops and tactical options for a truly twisted adventure. You'll also have the chance to craft your very own lair - a personal hunter's hideout full of your very own trophies. But don't dawdle, 4-player co-op, and 8-player PVP await!

Live up to your legacy in <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing</span> & <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last for 5 days, until Wednesday, September 16, 12:59 PM GMT.
DubConqueror: One question though: can I continue my game DRM-free now with the old saves from the Steam version?
Grargar: Yes, you can, but keep in mind the following difference:

Steam: Documents\NeocoreGames\VanHelsing\SaveGame\Bunch of numbers
GOG: Documents\NeocoreGames\VanHelsing\SaveGame\Default

You'll need to rename the subfolder with the bunch of numbers to Default in order for the GOG version to read it.
Thanks for the really cool and timely information. I'm tempted to just plain start over with a new build, though. I'm undecided. It's just that a year later, I don't really feel like my character is really "mine" anymore.

I've played Thaumaturge, a sort of ice-lightning and arcane bolts build through the early-mid game. Could I be having more fun as a different class or build? What do we think of the VH1-2 classes? I'm probably just going to go solo, but I haven't really poked around the forums for information about Galaxy compatibility or community or whatever yet. I tend to have a better time solo, though - usually multiplayer PvE is just one really fast and optimized player blasting everything and running three screens ahead.
radikell: Also, when i run the VanHelsingx64.exe, the error message that pops up is MSVCP100.dll//MSVCR100.dll is missing!

However when i run GLVanHelsing_x86.exe the game launches and runs fine!!!

I run a 64-bit Win10 Home OS, clueless as to what the issue can be.

Soo confused :(
Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64), reboot your PC and try running the game again.
Post edited September 14, 2015 by Grargar
B0SC0: Soon™ ;)
Well-played, B0SC0. :)
B0SC0: I just want to confirm that our loyalty program will be that owners of all three Van Helsing titles will receive the final cut upgrade for free. Thanks to our friends over at Neocore for confirming :).
Thank you GOG and Neocore for this clarification. Due to this statement, I have now purchased Parts 1 and 2.
radikell: Also, when i run the VanHelsingx64.exe, the error message that pops up is MSVCP100.dll//MSVCR100.dll is missing!

However when i run GLVanHelsing_x86.exe the game launches and runs fine!!!

I run a 64-bit Win10 Home OS, clueless as to what the issue can be.

Soo confused :(
Grargar: Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64), reboot your PC and try running the game again.
Thanks! Thats just what i did, and it worked!

Thanks a lot!

p.s- i thought c++ was already installed on my system.
radikell: Thanks! Thats just what i did, and it worked!

Thanks a lot!

p.s- i thought c++ was already installed on my system.
It was. But then you upgraded to Windows 10. There were lots of people complaining about programs and games not working anymore and most of them just had to reinstall MSVC++
B0SC0: Soon™ ;)
budejovice: Well-played, B0SC0. :)
They're becoming self-aware! RUN!
B0SC0: It's a pretty great read :). Went on a classic horror binge a few years ago and read my way through Dracula, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Frankenstein. Dracula was absolutely amazing to read, Jekyll and Hyde was vastly different to what I was expecting, but was nonetheless incredibly captivating, but I just could not get into Frankenstein. Dunno what it was, but it was a drag to read, and I put it down after a few chapters.

For anyone looking for a public domain audiobook version of Dracula, check out https://librivox.org/ . The Ladies and Gents over there do some fantastic recordings and although I haven't checked Dracula, I'm sure someone there has done it justice ;).

Also, I just want to confirm that our loyalty program will be that owners of all three Van Helsing titles will receive the final cut upgrade for free. Thanks to our friends over at Neocore for confirming :).
Frankenstein takes some effort to read. It's worth going through it once, just to be acquainted with the original story, but it's a book where the idea is so much better than the execution.

To make it relatable for the crowd here, it's like American McGee's Alice. You suffer & whimper through the whole thing only to finish it & have it burnt in your brain as a great experience for the rest of your life.

Yeah, I just compared a classic book to the game of someone who was fired from iD because he wasn't good enough. And I stand by it, dammit!
blotunga: Any idea when the 3rd part will land?
Today. ;)
Dalthnock: Frankenstein takes some effort to read. It's worth going through it once, just to be acquainted with the original story, but it's a book where the idea is so much better than the execution.
Frankenstein is a book I really like a lot. The main issue with this story is that it was kind of polluted with 'modern' adaptation or rehash of some of its parts. By reading it today, it doesn't usually meet one's expectations (and I think that's a positive experience in that case, albeit disturbing). Reader expects to be frightened, when he actually gets sad.
Post edited September 16, 2015 by Potzato
Potzato: Frankenstein is a book I really like a lot. The main issue with this story is that it was kind of polluted with 'modern' adaptation or rehash of some of its parts. By reading it today, it doesn't usually meet one's expectations (and I think that's a positive experience in that case, albeit disturbing). Reader expects to be frightened, when he actually gets sad.
You're right, but, as a point of reference, I read the Silmarillion in one go. It's hardly a finished, polished product.

Frankenstein, on the other hand, took me three tries & all I remember about the book is Boris Karloff & Peter Cushing.

It's not great.

And by that, I don't mean to rag on your taste. I absolutely love Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies, so I'm aware of how subjective "taste" is.

Like I said before, though, the idea of the book is a thing of beauty, it just lacked a better execution.
If I buy this, give someone my account login, can they download it to a thumb drive and send it to me? :P

Got the money, got the PC, don't got the bandwidth. XD

Maybe in November. No one ever stays here in November.
tinyE: Maybe in November. No one ever stays here in November.
Perfect time to come visit, then.
tinyE: Maybe in November. No one ever stays here in November.
HeDanny: Perfect time to come visit, then.
Last time I checked. the Keweenaw Peninsula was closer to the Moon than Australia. :P
tinyE: can they download it to a thumb drive and send it to me? :P
Send your mule to the store! :P
Post edited September 16, 2015 by phaolo