It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legacy lives on in you.

<span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing</span> & <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II</span>, the first two parts of an action-packed monster-hunting series, are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can get both games at 75% off, including full GOG Galaxy support for achievements and leaderboards.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing are nothing short of an incredible mashup of gothic-noir settings, a twisted take on Bram Stoker's universe, weird technology, and monster-related consequences of mankind's thoughtless chase of the next breakthrough. Your father was Abraham Van Helsing, doctor, vampire hunter, legend. Will you do justice to the Van Helsing legacy?
Damn right you will.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing are, at their soul, unceasingly intense hack'n'shlashes featuring a badass hero, badder monsters, and plenty of weapon drops and tactical options for a truly twisted adventure. You'll also have the chance to craft your very own lair - a personal hunter's hideout full of your very own trophies. But don't dawdle, 4-player co-op, and 8-player PVP await!

Live up to your legacy in <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing</span> & <span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last for 5 days, until Wednesday, September 16, 12:59 PM GMT.
HOLY SH*T! Just started the download of the first one (via Galaxy) and it says it's downloading 20 GB! Game page on the store says 12.9 GB. That's... quite a difference. @GOG: You might want to check what happened there ;)
real.geizterfahr: HOLY SH*T! Just started the download of the first one (via Galaxy) and it says it's downloading 20 GB! Game page on the store says 12.9 GB. That's... quite a difference. @GOG: You might want to check what happened there ;)
When you download through Galaxy you download uncompressed game files while the installers from the webstore library come with compresssed installers. This is where the difference is coming from. Everything is as it should be.
real.geizterfahr: HOLY SH*T! Just started the download of the first one (via Galaxy) and it says it's downloading 20 GB! Game page on the store says 12.9 GB. That's... quite a difference. @GOG: You might want to check what happened there ;)
By downloading, I assume that you're meaning direct installation through Galaxy. The differences in numbers are not surprising, as the standalone installer is indeed 12.9 GBs, but the game requires about 20 GBs for installation. Since Galaxy is (for the time being) downloading the game's files directly, you end up downloading more than what you would, if you downloaded just the installer.
Matruchus: ...
Grargar: ...
Thanks for the info, PenguCat. I never looked at the file size in Galaxy until now, since the biggest GOG I've currently installed is Grandia 2 (which is 1.9 GB on the store page, which is pretty small), but the 20 GB of Van Helsing caught my eye.
real.geizterfahr: Thanks for the info, PenguCat. I never looked at the file size in Galaxy until now, since the biggest GOG I've currently installed is Grandia 2 (which is 1.9 GB on the store page, which is pretty small), but the 20 GB of Van Helsing caught my eye.
There are some other monstrosities. Just for fun, try downloading the standalone installer of Blackguards and then compare it to the GBs required to install the game through Galaxy.

The Galaxy team has said that they will eventually optimize the process, so that your bandwidth is no longer needlessly wasted, but seeing as the Galaxy client only very recently acquired the feature to pause downloads, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by Grargar
amrit9037: You need lan or internet to play co-op in AoVH.
Split screen or single screen co-op is not available so you need two pc.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. :) We have our own desktops in the same room.
Nice! I look forward to seeing more Neocore games here. But if King Arthur II comes here I hope it's a stable version.
amrit9037: You need lan or internet to play co-op in AoVH.
Split screen or single screen co-op is not available so you need two pc.
Arinielle: Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. :) We have our own desktops in the same room.
What does Internet Co-op require? How about LAN? Account creation? Another "LAN faking" 3rd party bit? I'm most likely picking this one up Monday (when I see if I want to "add" another game in should one I've been looking forward to end up in the next batch - heck who am I kidding I might even crack open a pinata bright and early ;) ) and wondering what a non-Galaxy user can expect when it comes to some multiplayer.

Also, should it prove easy to set up is anyone in here up for some Co-op VH II early next week?
Grargar: By downloading, I assume that you're meaning direct installation through Galaxy. The differences in numbers are not surprising, as the standalone installer is indeed 12.9 GBs, but the game requires about 20 GBs for installation. Since Galaxy is (for the time being) downloading the game's files directly, you end up downloading more than what you would, if you downloaded just the installer.
The standalone installer is even smaller than that, it's ca. 10.2 GB. The last chunk is not 4 GB as stated on GOG download page but 1.75 GB.
Arinielle: Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. :) We have our own desktops in the same room.
Ixamyakxim: What does Internet Co-op require? How about LAN? Account creation? Another "LAN faking" 3rd party bit? I'm most likely picking this one up Monday (when I see if I want to "add" another game in should one I've been looking forward to end up in the next batch - heck who am I kidding I might even crack open a pinata bright and early ;) ) and wondering what a non-Galaxy user can expect when it comes to some multiplayer.

Also, should it prove easy to set up is anyone in here up for some Co-op VH II early next week?
I would love to, if I could get the multiplayer part to work at all :( there is at most 1 server available in the list and that is rare, my friend and I never managed to see one another even when using a vpn, and the apparent consensus when looking around forums for technical help seems to be "give up and play solo"
Dessembrae: there is at most 1 server available in the list and that is rare
LOL I love the "solution" ;) So am I to assume from this, that multiplayers is just loading up / creating a character, then clicking multiplayer and either starting or finding a game - all without additional account creation and all handled in game?
Dessembrae: there is at most 1 server available in the list and that is rare
Ixamyakxim: LOL I love the "solution" ;) So am I to assume from this, that multiplayers is just loading up / creating a character, then clicking multiplayer and either starting or finding a game - all without additional account creation and all handled in game?
Supposedly yes
let's hope that "loyalty" means free for the owners of the 3*games ...
mobutu: let's hope that "loyalty" means free for the owners of the 3*games ...
Ha, if only.
Post edited September 13, 2015 by omega64
Is this like Aarklash Legacy: real time with pause, or not so much?