It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
Wolfram_von_Thal: The only reason I actually purchased Skyrim here and now is my strong hope that I'll be able to (legally) play Enderal now. Enderal is my reason to own Skyrim, as Nehrim is the only reason to own Oblivion for me...
Jalister: Thanks for mentioning these. I will have to check them out.
You definitively should! I'm having a massive blast with Nehrim right now. So much care and love went into the design of this world and it's basically an utterly different game that has nothing at all (except the engine) in common with Oblivion. So much to discover, so many interesting quests, such a big and expansive continent. You can get the latest non-Steam download of the mod from moddb
Before I buy this, I'd like to know how many decades of updates we will have to endure??? I'm just going by past Bethesda games and esp. Skyrim....
Screw all this haters and complaining whiny whelps :)P

Thx for this fantastic work ..
I dont wanna know what takes you to persuade Microsoft/ Bethesda(!) to blow their "Golden Hind" to our fine DRM- pirate community coast. ...
Skyrim here direct to download
...my precious xD ...

Your the biggest pirates

-Mwah- :** big monkey kiss
and insta- buy
Wow. Nice. Great job arranging for the Creation Club content to be available in an offline DRM-free installer.

Two things:

1. Is there a simple OFFLINE menu to enable and disable mods in the GOG version? So that mods can be manually installed if preferred and switched on and off WITHOUT needing GOG Galaxy/Bethesda login/Nexus Mods Vortex? This option was present in the original release of the game.

2. Is the Creation Kit coming to the GOG version? I created my own homes and companions in previous ES games - not being able to do so in the GOG version of Skyrim would significantly detract from its appeal.
P-E-S: Still not sure whether to go with the Anniversary package or just regular old SE. Hmmmm...
Just pick the regular edition, the CC mods of the new edition aren't that much of a game changer imho.
There's a couple dozen alternatived for almost every mod that they included. :)
I bought Skyrim again and I hope they will also release enderal on GOG.
high rated
The same day that GOG releases DRM-free Skyrim, Google announced they will shut down their streaming gaming service, Google Stadia.

Coincidence? I think not! Or maybe it is, the f I care. Both are still good news.
P-E-S: Still not sure whether to go with the Anniversary package or just regular old SE. Hmmmm...
NuffCatnip: Just pick the regular edition, the CC mods of the new edition aren't that much of a game changer imho.
There's a couple dozen alternatived for almost every mod that they included. :)
Yes, that's what I thought. I don't need Anniversary Edition. Bought Standard version.
SeduceMePlz: This option was present in the original release of the game.
All reports say that the option has been removed in the GOG version.
timppu: The same day that GOG releases DRM-free Skyrim, Google announced they will shut down their streaming gaming service, Google Stadia.

Coincidence? I think not! Or maybe it is, the f I care. Both are still good news.
And this day is going to be remembered for years to come!
CMiq: The very definition of overrated and I really don't like it for how it has likely permanently shifted the paradigm in regards to what normies expect an open-world RPG to be like, glad for everyone else who was waiting for it to show up on GOG though.

Can't beat March, 7th 2019, as far as planet-cracking, hell-freezing-over, pigs-do-can-fly moments in GOG's release history are concerned.
Indeed, on both accounts.

Only thing that could come close, probably even top it would be the Legacy version of the equally seminal sequel + its expansion being re-released here. Wouldn't mind being greeted with the fiery animation added to the sides of the frontpage (web.archive.org/web/20190307174521/gog.com/) one more time.
Post edited September 30, 2022 by Swedrami
I did buy the Anniversary Edition of Skyrim on Gog, however it shows up as Special Edition in my games could this please be fixed?

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/show_the_appropriate_title_tile_for_skyrim_anniversary_edition_in_my_games_1
onkarjit: I did buy the Anniversary Edition of Skyrim on Gog, however it shows up as Special Edition in my games could this please be fixed?

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/show_the_appropriate_title_tile_for_skyrim_anniversary_edition_in_my_games_1
GOG often don't show such versions in the library name, however you should see the extra files listed, using the Anniversary text as sub header. That's what I see anyway, but then I bought them separate to save .80 cents.
SeduceMePlz: 1. Is there a simple OFFLINE menu to enable and disable mods in the GOG version? So that mods can be manually installed if preferred and switched on and off WITHOUT needing GOG Galaxy/Bethesda login/Nexus Mods Vortex? This option was present in the original release of the game.
Not within Skyrim that I'm aware of - not easily, anyway. If you're not averse to messing with .ini files, you would probably be able to add mods by editing the proper .ini. Don't ask me which one, though, I haven't investigated.

I recommend, though, unless you seriously hate using mod managers, Mod Organiser 2 is a wonderful little tool. The thing which I most like about it is that it allows you to keep mod files away from the Skyrim install itself, so you don't have the mess of files where you're not sure which are original Skyrim files and which are mods

SeduceMePlz: 2. Is the Creation Kit coming to the GOG version? I created my own homes and companions in previous ES games - not being able to do so in the GOG version of Skyrim would significantly detract from its appeal.
There was a post from a blue earlier saying they were working on getting it.
If you wanna disable killcams add this to your skyrim.ini :

Paste the piece below at the bottom of that page-

[VATS]
bVATSdisable=1