It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
Finally So happy about this..
ProjektRED267: Do mods still works if I bought the SSE only version? As this came with a newer(?) game build and not sure if the v1.5.97 is available with this release. Been out of the modding scene for while.
Yes, any mod that does not require SKSE, or other DLL injection method, works. And version 1.5.97 is not available, GOG release is 1.6+, there's an unofficial patch for it but no idea if it'll work, probably not because the main executable is different.

The current state of the SKSE mods is that most are already available for 1.6+ and just some few are still on 1.5.97. Unfortunately I don't know if the latest versions of those mods work with GOG v1.6.659. Many SKSE mods had the last update at 1.6.353. I can't see any reason to be running 1.5 over 1.6 other than having that specific SKSE mod that has not been updated for 1.6.

One last thing though is that the in-game mod manager is not available apparently so you'll need an external tool to enable the mods. I have not installed the GOG version yet.
GOG.com: It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
Nice
Yes, thank you, thank you thank you. A rare instabuy for me.
Still not sure whether to go with the Anniversary package or just regular old SE. Hmmmm...
An_dz: SSE Display Tweaks fixes that so you can unlock the FPS while physics work fine, even during the civil war.
this is not compatible with gog release right now.
Is the Anniversary worth getting for the mods or is the vanilla version good enough?

Do you get to download the DLC off GOG, or do you have to make an account elsewhere?
Ive hope Fallout 4 gonna be added someday too :).
This is massive and totally unexpected. To everyone involved in making this happen: well done and please don't stop just yet. There is more cool gaming where this one was coming from and they need to be added too.
Now we need to know if we can have Enderal with this Skyrim
Awesome release, Bethesda and GOG! I gladly bought the Anniversary Edition.

Please release Fallout 4 in the future.
high rated
Finally, I can replace my aged Xbox 360 version and replay the game after all these years. I can't wait. I have a week away from work soon so i'm going to jump right in.
As I do more research about this game and modding it, I seem to have discovered a contradiction between the sentiment behind this statement which I will now quote from the Nexus Mod announcement about this GOG version, and actual reality which is much less rosey than the quotation makes it sound.

The Nexus Mod announcement says:

Rollback easily* - Don't you just hate it when Skyrim gets updated and you either have to wait for all your favourite SKSE dependant mods to be updated or mess about trying to roll back? This is quite difficult on Steam or Xbox but GOG has got you covered. Through the GOG Galaxy app, you can easily roll back to an older version of the game or turn off updates entirely to keep modding without interruption.
But given that GOG/Bethesda won't offer their customers the option to use versions prior version to 1.6 if they want to, then that creates the situation wherein the "don't you hate it when" part of that quotation is already applicable to this brand new GOG release, and the proposed solution to that problem as given in the quoted statement cannot be applied.

For example, I found a bundle of many hundreds of mods put together on Nexus Mods that I would want to use with the GOG version, but I cannot do so, because not all of those mods are compatible with version 1.6. That's really annoying!

Moreover, the situation is also less rosey than the quoted statement makes it sound because the words "have to wait" is a loaded statement that carries within it the highly incorrect and untrue assertion that all mods will eventually be updated to work with new versions sooner or later.

But in reality, that is not so, and some mods will never be updated, and therefore never be usable with the GOG version, in the event that GOG & Bethesda continue not to offer GOG customers who bought the game the option to choose which version of the game that they want to use.

In order to resolve all these very aggravating problems, GOG & Bethesda should let customers who bought the game choose exactly which version of the game that they want to download, including all the versions that have come out for all the years prior to Skyrim's release day on GOG.

And it shouldn't just be a "Galaxy rollback" feature either. Rather, GOG should allow customers to download the original installer files for the previous versions, with no "rollback" required. They could keep the "rollback" option too as well, but that's not a good reason to withhold also offering the full offline installers of older versions of the game.
Post edited September 30, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Wow! Thanks :) This is so cool :) I didn't really "discover" the Elder Scrolls games properly until a couple of years ago, and I really enjoyed the third and fourth ones. And now the fifth one has appeared here too :) Thanks again GOG :) This has really made my day :)
Ancient-Red-Dragon: As I do more research about this game and modding it, I seem to have discovered a contradiction between the sentiment behind this statetement which I will now quote from the Nexus Mod announcement about this GOG version, and actual reality which is much less rosey than the quotation makes it sound.

The Nexus Mod announcement says:

Rollback easily* - Don't you just hate it when Skyrim gets updated and you either have to wait for all your favourite SKSE dependant mods to be updated or mess about trying to roll back? This is quite difficult on Steam or Xbox but GOG has got you covered. Through the GOG Galaxy app, you can easily roll back to an older version of the game or turn off updates entirely to keep modding without interruption.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: But given that GOG/Bethesda won't offer their customers the option to use versions prior version to 1.6 if they want to, then that creates the situation wherein the "don't you hate it when" part of that quotation is already applicable to this brand new GOG release, and the proposed solution to that problem as given in the quoted statement cannot be applied.

For example, I found a bundle of many hundreds of mods put together on Nexus Mods that I would want to use with the GOG version, but I cannot do so, because not all of those mods are compatible with version 1.6. That's really annoying!

Moreover, the situation is also less rosey than the quoted statement makes it sound because the words "have to wait" is a loaded statement that carries within it the highly incorrect and untrue assertion that all mods will eventually be updated to work with new versions sooner or later.

But in reality, that is not so, and some mods will never be updated, and therefore never be usable with the GOG version, in the event that GOG & Bethesda continue not to offer GOG customers who bought the game the option to choose which version of the game that they want to use.

In order to resolve all these very aggravating problems, GOG & Bethesda should let customers who bought the game choose exactly which version of the game that they want to download, including all the versions that have come out for all the years prior to Skyrim's release day on GOG.

And it shouldn't just be a "Galaxy rollback" feature either. Rather, GOG should allow customers to download the original installer files for the previous versions, with no "rollback" required. They could keep the "rollback" option too as well, but that's not a good reason to withhold also offering the full offline installers of older versions of the game.
'thetag' user on the announcement of the GOG release states:

If I understood correctly, the community is splited into 3 versions:

-1.6.629 (any mod built using this version of the Address Library should work on both, Steam 1.6.640 and GOG 1.6.659 without any further work).
That doesn't solve the problem that you pointed. I believe you're right. By what I see on Nexus and other communities, users and modders are happy for a DRM Free version though. Like I said in other post, let's hope GOG's Skyrim becomes the 'ultimate' version of Skyrim for modding and testing mods - but that would take a while.

I've only played and modded Legendary Edition, and that was years ago. So I know that it might be more unstable than the newer Special Edition, but there are a lot of good number of well maintained mods for it to this day. I wish to play this new version anyways.
Post edited September 30, 2022 by .Keys