It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
CMiq: Can't beat March, 7th 2019, as far as planet-cracking, hell-freezing-over, pigs-do-can-fly moments in GOG's release history are concerned.
I tend to think so too.
GOG.com: ...
You may want to consider giving Skyrim its own game specific forum, or at least having the Elder Scrolls Series forum show up when searching "Skyrim" via https://www.gog.com/forum bottom-left box (if that can even be implemented).

-----------------------------

The store/catalog pic for Skyrim Anniversary Edition seems to be broken (for non-grid/list/"stacked" view). (see pic or just click "Store")
Attachments:
Post edited September 30, 2022 by tfishell
An_dz: Another options is to simply merge the options in the Low, Medium, High and Ultra INI files in the game dir with the SkyrimPrefs.ini in the game save location (Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition)
shmerl: Yep, that's exactly what I did now. But can't figure out how to remove 60 fps cap. Method from PC Gaming Wiki doesn't work (setting iPresentInterval=0 or iVSyncPresentInterval=0).
As far as I know the engine has a hard cap at 60, you need SSE Display Tweaks to unlock it. I guess the last version works with the GOG release.
Namur: Awesome, finally.

I take it there's nothing preventing Enderal from coming here now ?
Wolfram_von_Thal: The only reason I actually purchased Skyrim here and now is my strong hope that I'll be able to (legally) play Enderal now. Enderal is my reason to own Skyrim, as Nehrim is the only reason to own Oblivion for me...
Thanks for mentioning these. I will have to check them out.
shmerl: Yep, that's exactly what I did now. But can't figure out how to remove 60 fps cap. Method from PC Gaming Wiki doesn't work (setting iPresentInterval=0 or iVSyncPresentInterval=0).
An_dz: As far as I know the engine has a hard cap at 60, you need SSE Display Tweaks to unlock it. I guess the last version works with the GOG release.
It is because of how the engine is tied to 30 and 60 fps.
People tried to test it in the past and many things in the world just broke, without going into details.

But theres that:

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/want-60-fps-in-skyrim-se-but-dont-want-broken-physics-heres-a-fix/

Notice that this doesn't fix the engine problem. Many things will still break. So your safe bet is to play with the fps cap.
Post edited September 30, 2022 by .Keys
Thanks, I'll try that. Looks like an additional key is needed:

bLockFrameRate=0
Post edited September 30, 2022 by shmerl
An_dz: As far as I know the engine has a hard cap at 60, you need SSE Display Tweaks to unlock it. I guess the last version works with the GOG release.
.Keys: It is because of how the engine is tied to 30 and 60 fps.
People tried to test it in the past and many things in the world just broke, without going into details.

But theres that:

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/want-60-fps-in-skyrim-se-but-dont-want-broken-physics-heres-a-fix/

Notice that this doesn't fix the engine problem. Many things will still break. So your safe bet is to play with the fps cap.
SSE Display Tweaks fixes that so you can unlock the FPS while physics work fine, even during the civil war.
.Keys: It is because of how the engine is tied to 30 and 60 fps.

But theres that:

An_dz: SSE Display Tweaks fixes that so you can unlock the FPS while physics work fine, even during the civil war.
Didn't knew about that. Thanks for sharing, hope it helps anyone. :)
Do mods still works if I bought the SSE only version? As this came with a newer(?) game build and not sure if the v1.5.97 is available with this release. Been out of the modding scene for while.
Well I didn't need to eat today anyway. Thank you GOG. Now to spend the next week planning the mod load to shovel in this bad boy I just bought.
MINE! ITS MINE! ALL MINE! HAHAHAHAHAH
*Slams door*
BranjoHello: It was about time Bethesda release this on another platform. xD

Enjoy, you people who waited 11 years, 11 months, 11 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 11 seconds for this moment.
I see what you did there.
Congrats to GOG for getting Skyrim on their store - especially the Anniversary Edition. I assumed that Bethesda would never agree to go without their paid mods ecosystem. But here we are, and it's great. Now I'm hoping for a Fallout 4 GOTY release on GOG.
What a day for Skyrim. To be honest, I’ve never played the game before but read nothing but great things about it. So, I just bought the Anniversary Edition (exactly game number 2,500 in my library) and also just went all in on the Skyrim board game. I may be late to the party but it’s definitely a big day!

Also have yet to ever play Fallout 4 so would love to see the GOTY version of that arrive. *wink wink - nudge nudge*
Attachments:
Swedrami: Might pick it up once the complete package is in the tenner or below range, to complete the series.
Being the extremely shallow and "a mile wide and an inch deep" RPG experience it is I don't feel like the current/discounted price tag is warranted.
This is the only post that deserves to be uprated in this thread. "A mile wide and an inch deep". Nothing more to say, really.
Skyrim virgin here! Been dreaming of playing this game for many, many years and I'm sooo happy that I'll finally be doing exactly that, here on Good Old Games. :D
GOG.com: It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
can we also get the legendary edition? pretty please :3