It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
As far as I remeber the special edition got some free creator club content when they did the upgrade (supplied via CC downloads). They were things like the fishing, saints and seducers, survival and something I can't remember.

Are they included in the special edition on GOG? It mentions creation club isn't available with the GOG version. I'm concerned about compatibility issues between steam and GOG if things that are included with the special on steam differ from the GOG version.
OdanUrr: You played the original...

You played the special edition...

You played the Alexa very special edition...

You played the Etch A Sketch, Motorola pagers and Samsung smart refrigerators editions...

Now, you can play the special edition... again... on GOG!
Hey, at least it is DRM Free now! :P
Hope in some years GOG DRM Free edition becomes the ultimate skyrim edition for modding. :)
Congratulations to the 14 years GOG!
Many Thank you for the Skyrim release on GOG. I've been waiting for it for a long time (like a lot of other people).

If you could maybe release the Legendary Edition of Skyrim and also the respective Creation Kit then that would be great too.

Many greetings!
Post edited September 30, 2022 by DropA
high rated
Pleasantly surprised to see Skyrim being released on GOG at all, but I'd like to second all of the users asking for older versions (at least Skyrim LE 1.9.32 and ideally Skyrim SE 1.5.97) to be added as optional downloads along with the Creation Kit - the CK being added should be obvious, and some mods (mostly SKSE ones) simply don't support 1.6 yet, so it's a shame they can't be used with this DRM-free GOG release. You wouldn't even need to make custom builds of those versions, just snub out the Steam DRM DLLs, add them as unsupported downloads, and let the people who want those versions grab them and use them if they want. Everyone wins :D
sanscript: Unlike with Doom 3, I see no reason to have the older one (LE) here. There's no benefit in using LE today except if one is still using older and abandoned mods, but still want to play with an unstable engine.
Lower system requirements, using/testing mods that haven't been ported over to SSE yet, IIRC some modders still use the old 1.9.32 CK just to make sure their mods are compatible with every version of the game, I'd say "avoiding Bethesda's clown car of constant game updates that break SKSE plugins" but that's technically a non-issue with this GOG release... also, it'd just be nice to have these versions of the game made DRM-free for people who want them. It is true that LE is generally more unstable, but I don't really see any reason not to include it for the people who want it simply because "it's inferior! no one should use it because it's old!!"
Grargar: Buy Skyrim again.

Message brought to you by officer Bobb Boward. No relation to Todd Howard. Any similarities are completely and totally unintentional.
giving microsoft, one of the most drm-friendly companies on the planet, $20 for an 11 year old game everyone already owns 69 copies of? lol nice try todd
Post edited September 30, 2022 by prengle
prengle: giving microsoft, one of the most drm-friendly companies on the planet, $20 for an 11 year old game everyone already owns 69 copies of? lol nice try todd
I'm up to 420 copies.
All good things come to those who wait! :-)
what a surprise! instabuy for another DRM-free collection.
Oh, okay.

Flicks though a newspaper comics thread featuring the classic Hungarian comic Jucika.

...What? It was as inevitable as saying it was inevitable in Dwarf Fortress.
prengle: giving microsoft, one of the most drm-friendly companies on the planet, $20 for an 11 year old game everyone already owns 69 copies of? lol nice try todd
J Lo: I'm up to 420 copies.
i only own 3 with the version on gog i think
chandra: FUS RO DAH!!!

Soo extremely happy that we can FINALLY share this news with you! The long-awaited Skyrim is here :)
Please update The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with all official languages.

[url=https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion#Localizations]https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion#Localizations[/url]
prengle: ...simply because "it's inferior! no one should use it because it's old!!"
It's not that simple. Just because I understand things from different angles doesn't mean I'm against having it here. I am always for more options/choices and let people choose for themselves.

Still, the requirements isn't that huge of a deal; it's been ages since 2-4GB was the norm. And we we can't expect them them to service a very small fanbase after so many years (would be nice - but reality is something else). At some point we have to move forward.

And the mods? Well, creators made those in their spare time and some/most have moved on. That's just life. Either modify them yourself or find others. I've "lost" a few myself but always managed to find some newer and better.

It would be like wanting MS to still sell Win 98/ME/XP because you still have an old P3 500 that some very few games runs better on natively (personally I'm rooting for them to go open source, but that's me in a nutshell. :)
MarianFA: All good things come to those who wait! :-)
And we, on GOG, have waited patiently, for so VERY long.

And now it is time to rejoice.
:D
So it's finally here. took long enough,
If it were on Connect I'd give it a shot, but since I rolled back to legendary less than an hour after getting the SE "upgtade" added to my Steam account I'm not really all that excited to see this.

Of course the mess may be fixed for the GoG release, but this version on Steam was the worst copy I own, and I had the PS3 version that crashed whenever I got too deep in water.
Does the GOG version of this game work with mods that do not originate from the Nexus Mods website itself? Can mods from other places still work in the Nexus Mod Manager and be successfully installed in the GOG versions of Skyrim?