It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
I'd rather have a GOG copy of Fallout 4 myself. But I know that's going to be a problem given Bethesda's 'Creation Club' non-sense.
Another release that I would instabuy if I can.
Sigh...

Anyway - great release !
An_dz: Or basically SE is LE with the "High Resolution Patch", a few extra fixes and an upgraded engine. The main improvement is it being a x64 executable so it can use more than 4GB of RAM and some better graphics.
sanscript: Not only that, the 64bit engine is far, far more stable and receives further update. LE stopped being worked on a long time ago (1.5.97 vs 1.6.640.x).

Unlike with Doom 3, I see no reason to have the older one (LE) here. There's no benefit in using LE today except if one is still using older and abandoned mods, but still want to play with an unstable engine.
Actually... talking about the modding community, there are still modders creating, maintaining and updating mods for LE to this day.
There are many mods that have, now, at least 3 versions: LE, SE, AE.

People are already discussing how will GOG version be compatible with SE or AE mods... Many dislike the idea of maintaining 4 versions of their mods. Well.. let's see how things turns out.
Post edited September 29, 2022 by .Keys
sanscript: Not only that, the 64bit engine is far, far more stable and receives further update. LE stopped being worked on a long time ago.

Unlike with Doom 3, I see no reason to have the older one (LE) here. There's no benefit in using LE today except if one is still using older and abandoned mods.
Gudadantza: Or for those with poor laptops. Dramatic improvements or not, the jump to the Special edition doubled the minimum requirements
i dont think the minimum requirements are necessarily true
i have played games with bigger requirements but still been fine with lower specced hardware
i had to adjust to lower settings so it wasnt optimal but still playebal somewhat
but in some cases the devs just have to set a spec where they can say the game can run stable withouth fiddling too much with the settings

Not sure if it can be done in this game though
i cant be arsed to test it out now due to not having enough space for the game on my HD and i need to buy a larger capicity one to figure out if lower end hardware and settings work with this game
Post edited September 29, 2022 by Lodium
I am soooo happy. I'm getting the $13 version as I don't want their paid mod service. I just want the game with the base DLC. After I finish Final Fantasy III, this will be next in my queue.

I can't wait until tomorrow to buy it.
high rated
I waited nearly 11 years for a GOG release.

I'm a patient man
Post edited September 29, 2022 by Senteria
Holy Hell!

Now this is a birthday surprise!
I would totally have bought this a few years ago.
Damn you: you just waited to release the game AFTER I had already purchased the Steam-infected Elden Scrolls Anthology, did you?!?
Post edited September 29, 2022 by KingofGnG
high rated
Buy Skyrim again.

Message brought to you by officer Bobb Boward. No relation to Todd Howard. Any similarities are completely and totally unintentional.
Post edited September 29, 2022 by Grargar
Grargar: Buy Skyrim again.

Message brought to you by officer Bobb Boward. No relation to Todd Howard. Any similarities are completely and totally unintentional.
Grargar not having a cat avatar makes Baby Fronzel sad. :`(
high rated
Um, guys, the in-game mod manager is gone. So you literally can't mod the game now without a 3rd party mod manager.

I think you may have forgotten to leave that in when you removed the http://Bethesda.net integration.

Come on guys, that's a basic feature that's been in the game since 2011. Morrowind and Oblivion still have it, why can't Skyrim? Right now mods don't work at all.
Wow! I wonder if any human sacrifices were required for this miracle to happen?? I hope not....but if so...it's OK....just this one time!
@ GOG
would you please Bethesda to integrate the non-English languages in Oblivion, as well? At least I have omitted it for this reason.

Nice to see all languages available in Skyrim, anyways. Just keep adding in elder releases, as well 1
Post edited September 30, 2022 by dadiddy
high rated
You played the original...

You played the special edition...

You played the Alexa very special edition...

You played the Etch A Sketch, Motorola pagers and Samsung smart refrigerators editions...

Now, you can play the special edition... again... on GOG!