It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
Good release, especially for confirming that the Microsoft's purchase of Zenimax did not hinder further GOG releases.

Would be great if we could convince other big players to put more games here. Maybe Command & Conquers for the 15th anniversary? ;)
Post edited September 29, 2022 by idbeholdME
The running joke "Skyrim on GOG release date" is finally over.
Try using the fishing rod as a weapon. You'll be pleasantly surprised...

:)
well i had to come out of retirement just to make this comment :0

BLESS U GOG!
THANK YOU.

(listening to 'far horizons' T_T)
Post edited September 29, 2022 by de_v1to
mqstout: What mods are required to play? Oblivion didn't even approach a playable game without half a dozen mods to get going (UI fixes, like making the map useful, making the inventory not console-sized so you can see more than a couple things at a time, etc.)

[They made it playable. It was unplayable from the box. It still wasn't a good game with them, but it was at least playable.]
You need the "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch" (USSEP) to fix hundreds of bugs Bethesda never did and SkyUI to have an actually useful non-console UI. Also go with the "Unofficial Creation Club Patches" if you got the Anniversary Edition.

timppu: I kinda wished I had the original Legendary Edition (in Steam if required), but I guess I can live without it. Mainly just for interest, how the original differs from the remake etc.
They are the same. It's not a real "remake" of the engine, it's the same codebase but with some of the improvement that came with the Fallout 4 upgrade of their engine.

Or basically SE is LE with the "High Resolution Patch", a few extra fixes and an upgraded engine. The main improvement is it being a x64 executable so it can use more than 4GB of RAM and some better graphics.
stardust_79: The running joke "Skyrim on GOG release date" is finally over.
now
fallout 4 on gog release date ^^
Lukin86: now
fallout 4 on gog release date ^^
I would guess they will eventually do an edition of Fallout 4 with all the creation club stuff included, like Skyrim's Anniversary Edition, and after that it'll likely get a GOG release same as this.
Thiev: If by 'old' version you mean 32bit original (later rebranded as 'Legendary Edition'), then no, this one is not available.
Can we get (for example, as an unsupported bonus) the Legendary Edition?
Since you were able to persuade Bethesda to get Skyrim here, do it with the Legendary Edition as well. If only for the sake of preserving the game's history (but also as a nice bonus for fans of Good Old Games).

P.S.
And original Doom 3 + RoE.
Thank you GOG, now me and Vilja can go exploring again!
Hell yes, thank you!
Green_Shade: Especially since Skyrim doesn't have the unlocked potential of Morrowind to become effectively a living god that no enemy can hope to stand against (except an army of werewolves in a maze), but at least it also doesn't have Oblivion's enemy levelling where all combat becomes something to avoid instead of actually harder because every enemy takes multiple minutes to kill at higher levels.
I hear that Fortify Restoration potions can be used to get godlike power in Skyrim, and they're apparently not that hard to make (though you need something for them to boost, of course).

As for high level enemies in Oblivion, they become manageable with the help of magic, particularly stacking weakness effects; a spell with damage and weakness effects will deal increasing amounts of damage with each hit, causing the time it takes to kill enemies to scale more slowly than the enemy's health. (Unfortunately, you can't do this in Skyrim; weaknesses are only available via poison, and there are no custom spells.)
Timboli: For those who haven't seen the following link for the Creation Club DLCs list.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/6852264113309?product=gog

And specifics can be found here.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Creation_Club
Many thanks Timboli.

Was quickly able to decide which version to buy based on that list.
sanscript: That's a problem with the mods creator, not Steam nor Bethesda. What exactly is there that you can't get elsewhere? I bet you can find something similar or even better outside of Steam Workshop.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I personally don't know what exactly is out there that players can't get elsewhere, since I currently have no familiarity with this game or its history. But probably people who are aware of those things could point to specific examples of things that will be inaccessible to GOG customers.

Whether it's a problem with the mods creator or not is a moot point, because at the end of the day, GOG customers still be unable to access those mods, regardless of whom the fault for that lies with.
Generally the other places are better than steam
the workshop in steam goes against the spirit of why mods was created many years ago annyway in my opinion
and not alot people realize this
An_dz: Or basically SE is LE with the "High Resolution Patch", a few extra fixes and an upgraded engine. The main improvement is it being a x64 executable so it can use more than 4GB of RAM and some better graphics.
Not only that, the 64bit engine is far, far more stable and receives further update. LE stopped being worked on a long time ago (1.5.97 vs 1.6.640.x).

Unlike with Doom 3, I see no reason to have the older one (LE) here. There's no benefit in using LE today except if one is still using older and abandoned mods, but still want to play with an unstable engine.
Post edited September 29, 2022 by sanscript
An_dz: Or basically SE is LE with the "High Resolution Patch", a few extra fixes and an upgraded engine. The main improvement is it being a x64 executable so it can use more than 4GB of RAM and some better graphics.
sanscript: Not only that, the 64bit engine is far, far more stable and receives further update. LE stopped being worked on a long time ago.

Unlike with Doom 3, I see no reason to have the older one (LE) here. There's no benefit in using LE today except if one is still using older and abandoned mods.
Or for those with poor laptops. Dramatic improvements or not, the jump to the Special edition doubled the minimum requirements