It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on GOG • GIVEAWAY • GOG 14th Anniversary"

Liars. Fix your email subject field. Thought you were giving away Skyrim. A game I don't possess a copy of on any platform.
high rated
In all honesty: I pirated Skyrim years ago. I had already bought all the ES games here and figured Skyrim would get a DRM-free release soon enough and I'd buy it then.

Took a while, but now it's here so I can finally pay for it without compromising on DRM-free. (got the anniversary edition) It's a great game. I recommend getting the community patch, ELFX (Enhanced Lights and FX) and "inconsequential NPCs" ("Adds NPCs and dialogue scenes to Skyrim to enhance the social ambiance of the game, all voiced"). If you use earbuds/headphones also get "True 3D Sound for Headphones".

If Bethesda would like some more of my money, there's Doom 2016 and Rage etc.
Wow, can't believe this overrated mediocrity has finally been released here. I guess everything is possible now!
Post edited September 29, 2022 by Mafwek
dtgreene: My understanding is that it only really breaks the game if you use Fortify Restoration potions.
mk47at: To the point of crashing: probably necessary
To the point of breaking the game balance: not necessary
A Bethesda game crashing, especially if it's a main series Elder Scrolls game, would not be a surprise.

It also wouldn't surprise me if my character suddenly fell through the floor in a TES game.
iREN-777: "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on GOG • GIVEAWAY • GOG 14th Anniversary"

Liars. Fix your email subject field. Thought you were giving away Skyrim. A game I don't possess a copy of on any platform.
Learn to read .
Question: If I buy the additional Creation Club content, is it possible to enable only certain addons and not all? I find some of the addons kinda trash so I would want to enable only some.
Me this morning: Too bad Skyrim isn't on GoG. I feel like it sh-

*checks front page*

A WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!
-Herek-: Question: If I buy the additional Creation Club content, is it possible to enable only certain addons and not all? I find some of the addons kinda trash so I would want to enable only some.
I don't think it's possible to yeet them out, but it's pretty easy to just ignore it.
Attachments:
eyes.jpg (79 Kb)
Post edited September 29, 2022 by J Lo
J Lo: Me this morning: Too bad Skyrim isn't on GoG. I feel like it sh-

*checks front page*

A WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!
Exactly my thoughts! I still can't really believe it :)

Now we need Fallout 4 too and I'm happy forever :D
We're witnessing gaming history here, fuck yeah!
iREN-777: "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on GOG • GIVEAWAY • GOG 14th Anniversary"

I'm dyslexic and understood the subject field just fine.
I wonder if this would stop the Skyrim posts in the General Forum...
high rated
You gotta be f**king kidding me. ;)

(Earlier this week I was gonna make a negative post in the "Why isn't Skyrim on GOG" thread.)

Congratulations! to GOG and everyone who wanted this. :)

(Personally I still wish Bethesda would bring original Doom 3 + RoE.)

btw the number of completed GOG wish votes popped over 2.7 mil thanks to Skyrim showing up :)
Post edited September 29, 2022 by tfishell
tfishell: (Personally I still wish Bethesda would bring original Doom 3 + RoE.)
I believe the original Doom 3 is on it's way.
Awesome! Took a long time but nice to see Skyrim is finally here! Wonder if chances for Fallout 4 and DOOM 2016 to come to GOG is any closer now. Seriously, a single-player only version of DOOM 2016 cannot be too much to ask for right? :)
I think I reached some sort of virtual climax here... ;)

Finally I can enjoy a modded Skyrim and a modded Enderal for ever without constantly worrying about that fecking forced updates on Steam (which is also why I went "certified archiver"(!) after buying both LE and SE versions).

Side note, The Total Conversion Enderal SE is now also being taken off of Steam when it comes to further updates, making this news even sweeter.

Thank you everyone! Talk about "mediocre" games all you want but the fact is when it comes to modded games, Bethesda games rules by far.
Post edited September 29, 2022 by sanscript