It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's time to celebrate the 14 years of making games last forever. We're doing that by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The game is widely considered one of the best video games of all time and has received credit for popularizing large open-world role-playing games. After many requests from our users and being released on almost every appliance that is able to run the game, the acclaimed RPG is available on GOG in two versions – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (-50%) and Special Edition (-67%).

It is worth mentioning that Skyrim on GOG comes with a dedicated build, to give users the best possible adventure in Tamriel. The game is entirely playable offline thanks to GOG’s DRM-free nature and gives users the Anniversary Edition content without the need for Creation Club access.

As the game is recognized as one of the most modded titles in the history of video games, support for community-created content in Skyrim was one of our top priorities. The GOG version is compatible out of the box with most modifications mods via Nexus Mods Vortex v1.6.12 and newer. Support for mods requiring Skyrim Script Extender will be added later today. Additionally, GOG is preparing something special to provide an even smoother experience with mods – expect more details soon.

Take the chance to travel to Tamriel before the discounts on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim editions end on 13th October, 10 PM UTC. Also, join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
Nice birthdaypresent for GOG, delivered by themselves. ;)
Talonfire: This is a pleasant surprise.

So here's a question... I'm certainly interested in buying a DRM free version of Skyrim, but I already have the Anniversary Edition on Steam. Is the Anniversary Edition Creation Club content packed in an offline installer, or do you have to login to Bethesda.net and download it one by one just like Steam?
It's a self-contained 2.5GB installer, yeah
GOG, you declared at the beginning of the year that you wanted to turn more towards your roots. Well, declaration is a nice thing, but this shows you guys mean it. Pretty, pretty, pretty please, stay on this trajectory.

THANK YOU, GOG!
Well, damn, had filed this under "it'd take a minor miracle". Sure, I'm yet to even get back to Morrowind, but considering how wildly desired the game was on here and how unlikely it seemed for even Bethesda alone to allow it to come, much less an MS-owned Bethesda, sure is quite a shock.
alexandros050: Would it be possible to also get the older skyrim version ? I mean the Legendary Edition that is not available to purchase today as a bonus Included?
That would be nice, definitely.
Pfuiteufel: Is GoG Connect dead? It's not fun to buy games multiple times.
chandra: GOG Connect offers were time-limited and are no longer supported.
You may want to finally remove the link in the footer though, and change the page (for those who'd still go to it directly) to one stating that.
Wonder what the people who ask Skyline when? Are going to do now?

Joking aside great to see this here, hopefully we will get Doom 2016, Rage, Fallout 4 soon?....... please?...... with the Bethesda Terminator games?....
Oh , wow, this is a surprise!
Talonfire: This is a pleasant surprise.

So here's a question... I'm certainly interested in buying a DRM free version of Skyrim, but I already have the Anniversary Edition on Steam. Is the Anniversary Edition Creation Club content packed in an offline installer, or do you have to login to Bethesda.net and download it one by one just like Steam?
Thiev: CC content is packaged as any other DLC on GOG (either download via Galaxy or offline installer).
Creators Club submenu is removed in this version of the game and no bNet login is required at any point.
Thanks. I actually just noticed this mentioned in the original post (only checked out the store page before, my mistake.)

Regardless, this gives an incentive to double dip on the Anniversary Edition. Convenience of not having to download each and every piece of content from Bethesda when installing the game aside, I liked most of the Creation Club content, and you never know when Bethesda might pull the plug on the CC servers.
Good to see it here finally, even if took forever. So Microsoft decided it's now time?

It would be nice to see Freelancer here as well!
Post edited September 29, 2022 by shmerl
Trying to decide if I should get this game.

It lacks the main feature that drew me into the franchise (spellmaking), but it at least has enchanting, and the growth system lacks some of the issues that the Morrowind/Oblivion system had.
Nice.) However, I am much more interested if SureAI would release DRM-free version of Enderal mod for Skyrim.
high rated
ChrisCh22: Please apply correct regional pricing. Right now for me the game is cheaper on Steam.
Done! Apologies for the oversight, CIS prices should be updated in a couple of minutes.
I'm gonna be entirely honest. It took me a good few seconds to realize it's actually GOG site I just entered. I even triple checked the link to be absolutely sure it's the legit GOG site. Even tho I own it somewhere else (Shhh!) (In fact not entirely true since I own the original Legendary Edition) I will pick it up the next time my Skyrim itch comes. Also super happy for the people who waited for so long to have it here. Happy BDay GOG and Happy Skyrim modding everyone!
They did it! It's finally here! Now I have all of the TES Games DRM free. Thank you GOG!
Yay! People will finally shut up about it!

No, wait, they'll just find some other game to harp on about.

I liked Daggerfall, and, to a lesser extent Morrowind, and, to an even lesser extent, Oblivion. I think I'll pass on this one. How about Disgaea instead? Fat chance.
Thank you GOG, thank you Bethesda! :)