It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The league of extraordinary explorers.

<span class="bold">The Curious Expedition</span>, a roguelike simulation of braving the fantastic perils of 19th century explorers, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows, Mac and Linux, with a 15% launch discount.

Mosquitos, famine, quicksand, overgrown kitties, cannibals, ancient booby traps - the explorer's trade is full of marvelous occurrences. But it's the promise of riches, undiscovered wonders, and thrilling adventure that keeps these fearless individuals going. Now this intoxicating fever has gripped you too and there is only one cure for it.

Much like these illustrious trailblazers of old, developers Maschinen-Mensch have been on a journey that constantly shifted and expanded as the development of The Curious Expedition marched on. While the game was In Development new locations, units, perks, and items as well as several functionality improvements became available for all fearless explorers to discover.

Slip into your safari shorts and embark on the procedurally-generated <span class="bold">The Curious Expedition</span>, malaria and DRM-free on GOG.com. The 15% discount will last until September 9, 5:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sS9pbJ6HYao
Post edited September 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
Enjoyed it a lot in early access. Recommended to buy
5th game to exit in-dev status. Can we reach 10 games by the end of the year? Only time will tell.
low rated
deleted
Already "finished"? Well, that's a good surprise. Wishlisted as it sounds interesting ^o^
Wishlisted this, it looks really interesting actually, and the reviews look good.
Yay! Awesome exploration game - great gameplay, nice soundtrack and a superb cast of playable characters! Highly recommended! :)
I really like the look of this game but have already spent too much this month. Wishlisted for now so hope to buy and play this in the near future.
Hm, at first glance it was tempting. Seems to be inspired by 7 Cities of Gold.
But then I realised that it is a roguelike, so no thanks. Randomized Permadeath Machines are not my thing.
Not procedurally generated?
ShadowWulfe: Not procedurally generated?
"About: The Curious Expedition is a 19th century expedition roguelike in which you will venture on unprecedented expeditions to regions never seen before.
Put on the pith helmet and khakis and make your way through a lush, procedurally generated world full of wonder and mystery. Visit and interact with local tribes that are unknown to mankind. Loot mysterious temple ruins to gain fame and treasure, but watch out for deadly traps and curses."
Maxvorstadt: Hm, at first glance it was tempting. Seems to be inspired by 7 Cities of Gold.
But then I realised that it is a roguelike, so no thanks. Randomized Permadeath Machines are not my thing.
So it's just like the random map mode of 7 cities without savegame abuse then. Also, in pretty much all the roguelikes you can still save by backing up the file, if you really want to cheat.
Awesome game btw, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
ShadowWulfe: Not procedurally generated?
Niggles: "About: The Curious Expedition is
So is it procedurally generated or not? That blurb just says it offers a unique treasure hunting roguelike experience.
Awesome! Haven't played it since I bought it, so I better start now.

Still enjoying Renowned Explorers too, so I've probably got loads of game time to sink into both.
low rated
I'm not buying this unless it's low-fi, low-effort pixelated procedurally-generated permadeath piece of crap.

Because those are the only games I'm into.