It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TFC: The Fertile Crescent is a captivating reimagining of classic base-building RTS, inspired by the epic struggles of growth, advancement, and conquest in the cradle of civilization – and it’s now out on GOG with a -20% launch discount until June 27th, 9 AM UTC!

Establish your village near fertile lands and balance your food surplus against the size of your civilian and military might as you build and expand. Food plays a crucial role beyond just feeding your troops; it determines the growth rate of your population and the speed at which you accumulate Knowledge Points. Keeping your village well-fed ensures prosperous expansion, while compromised farms can cripple even the strongest economies.

Now on GOG!
No info on minimum graphics?
Would it work on an old amd hd 7650m 2gb graphic
ValamirCleaver: Someone remade a 90s RTS game (Age of Empires) with graphics that are more pixelated than the original? Why would I buy this instead of playing O A.D.?
Because, out of all game genres, strategy is one where games are least likely to need or be materially improved by 3D graphics, and actual strategy fans (as opposed to just fans of AAA production values) are some of the least likely to care about the lack of same.
eric5h5: At last! We desperately needed more games titled with a 3-letter initialism which is then immediately elaborated. So far the only other one I know of is FTL: Faster Than Light.
*cough*
I just bought a drm-free copy of ASA: A Space Adventure on another platform. :-D
Definitely also a candidate which we may see on GOG some time in the future.

edit:
There is also the futuristic racing game POD: Planet of Death, which is sold as "POD Gold" on GOG.
Once you start looking for them, there will probably many more of these titles around. ;-)
Post edited June 14, 2024 by g2222
eric5h5: At last! We desperately needed more games titled with a 3-letter initialism, which is then immediately elaborated. So far, the only other one I know of is FTL: Faster Than Light.
idbeholdME: Features:
- Campaign with 10 missions

Ouch... Looks like a decent, classic RTS (not whatever gets labeled as RTS these days) but with this low longevity, can't justify buying until a deep discount arrives.
eric5h5: If you play RTS games, you know that usually, most of the longevity comes from skirmish mode. Which this has, also a horde mode. Plus it's already cheap.
I'm a huge fan of (RTS) games, and I somewhat disagree with you. In some games, the skirmish mode is not enjoyable for a couple of reasons. The poorly made AI that cheats too much or is just too easy for any fun. Then you have terrible map design or just barely any skirmish maps to begin with. The new Terminator RTS is suffering from this issue right now.

By the way, I have 80 hours just in Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance campaign. Going to reply it again soon.

I've played many RTS games where I found it more enjoyment playing or replaying the campaign. For example, I've spent a lot of time playing the campaigns of Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, and World in Conflict, rather than focusing on skirmish mode. However, there are games like Stronghold or Wargames where I never touch the campaign mode.

A good made campaign can offer tons of gameplay if done right
Post edited June 14, 2024 by Syphon72
g2222: *cough*
I just bought a drm-free copy of ASA: A Space Adventure on another platform. :-D

edit:
There is also the futuristic racing game POD: Planet of Death, which is sold as "POD Gold" on GOG.
Once you start looking for them, there will probably many more of these titles around. ;-)
Yay! There are more than two! I've actually seen POD Gold, but didn't realize what the original title was.

Syphon72: I'm a huge fan of (RTS) games, and I somewhat disagree with you. In some games, the skirmish mode is not enjoyable for a couple of reasons. The poorly made AI that cheats too much or is just too easy for any fun. Then you have terrible map design or just barely any skirmish maps to begin with. The new Terminator RTS is suffering from this issue right now.
There are exceptions, but often in RTS games the campaign is really just an extended tutorial. And occasionally there isn't one at all. TFC has been in early access for some time, and didn't even have a campaign until recently, but has a rating on Steam of >90%. Not to mention that the online focus these games tend to have isn't really compatible with campaigns.

I know what you mean about AI; I seem to remember Supreme Commander II being a prime example of AI difficulties where the options were either "always win" or, if you bumped it up one level, "always lose". But while I like a good campaign, I'd say overall I spend more time with skirmishes, as long as the AI isn't terrible.
g2222: *cough*

edit:
eric5h5: Yay! There are more than two! I've actually seen POD Gold, but didn't realize what the original title was.

Syphon72: I'm a huge fan of (RTS) games, and I somewhat disagree with you. In some games, the skirmish mode is not enjoyable for a couple of reasons. The poorly made AI that cheats too much or is just too easy for any fun. Then you have terrible map design or just barely any skirmish maps to begin with. The new Terminator RTS is suffering from this issue right now.
eric5h5: There are exceptions, but often in RTS games the campaign is really just an extended tutorial. And occasionally there isn't one at all. TFC has been in early access for some time, and didn't even have a campaign until recently, but has a rating on Steam of >90%. Not to mention that the online focus these games tend to have isn't really compatible with campaigns.
I agree that some campaigns feel like tutorials, but it's not accurate to say that there are only a few that are not extended tutorials. If that were true, we wouldn't see RTS games receiving expansions with more single or co-op campaigns. Not to mention some most praised RTS have fantastic campaign people keep replying. CNC wasn't popular for it's MP. Lol The original didn't have skirmish vs AI.

But from what you said, this game fits in the category of crappy RTS campaigns.

I also believe that RTS games should have a strong skirmish mode and campaign together, not a half-assed one.

Anyways what you said could also apply to shooters or any game with multiplayer. The campaign is nothing but an extended tutorial. But we know that's not true
Post edited June 14, 2024 by Syphon72
Syphon72: But from what you said, this game fits in the category of crappy RTS campaigns.
How did you come to that conclusion? I don't see any evidence of that. In any case, the whole point here is that having a short campaign isn't any indication of longevity, since skirmish mode is a major part of RTS games.
Anyways what you said could also apply to shooters or any game with multiplayer. The campaign is nothing but an extended tutorial. But we know that's not true
Yeah, because they're different types of games; with shooters mostly you just shoot stuff and there isn't much of a tutorial needed. A lot of modern shooters are in fact infamous for having brief and not very good campaigns that only exist to check a marketing box, since the focus is on multiplayer.
eric5h5: There are exceptions, but often in RTS games the campaign is really just an extended tutorial. And occasionally there isn't one at all.
The campaigns are there to play actually designed, mostly asymmetrical scenarios with varying objectives and most importantly, a narrative. Spamming skirmishes gets old pretty fast, barring a couple exceptions, mostly because they just eventually become too samey.

And I treat the campaigns as the core experience of any RTS game. Which is sadly incompatible with with what the genre changed into from like 2010 onwards. Still, there is enough of the older ones to keep me entertained. And there are some exceptions of course, like Ancestors Legacy or Iron Harvest. Probably the only 2 newer ones which I enjoyed since SC2: Legacy of the Void.
Post edited June 14, 2024 by idbeholdME