It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Simple, charming, beloved.

<span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span>, a cult favorite entry in the legendary urban-planning and city-building sim series, is available now with a 50% discount, DRM-free on GOG.com

The SimCity series was a smash-hit since its very first appearance in 1989, but it wasn't until until a decade later that SimCity 3000 took that design to an all-time high in terms of complexity vs. accessibility, as well as pure charm.

The core gameplay will be familiar no matter which entry in the series you've played before — you'll be managing your city's zones, budget, ordinances, and the many often conflicting needs of your SimCitizens. SimCity 3000 improves on its predecessor with a mixture of new elements to manage and better accessibility – this is the title that first introduced advisors into the series. The Unlimited re-release further expanded the game with new types of architecture, challenging scenarios, new disasters, and so much more.

An efficient and complex metropolis is the end goal, but on your way there you'll spend countless of hours living and breathing the city — and this is where SimCity 3000 truly shines and stands out from the crowd. It's a pleasant and accessible experience — from the memorable jazzy soundtrack (one of the best ever, check it out below), clean and still-beautiful presentation, to that delicate balance of just enough to worry about without overwhelming players with excessive information and data.

Return to <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> now DRM-free on GOG.com! The 50% launch discount will The 50% launch discount will last until July 21, 12:59 PM UTC.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
IronArcturus: How well does SC3000 run on Win7?
It's running fine on my win7 laptop, patched to run 1920x1080
deleted
Post edited July 15, 2016 by Fairfox
IronArcturus: How well does SC3000 run on Win7?
Matewis: It's running fine on my win7 laptop, patched to run 1920x1080
That's good! Does it have a windowed mode?
Matewis: It's running fine on my win7 laptop, patched to run 1920x1080
Fairfox: Is teh GOGie version encrypted/needs a no-CD patch in order to run teh patcher? If so, pls can I has a linky to no-CD patch you used?
The patcher for higher resolutions? No, you don't need a no-CD patch when patching the exe that comes with the gog installation of SC3000.
deleted
IronArcturus: That's good! Does it have a windowed mode?
Hmm, doesn't look like it unfortunately
Fairfox: Sweee-eeet; it mentioned you do for Unlimited but I guess GOGie's version is fixed there :D
Yeah, this patch worked for me on a fresh installation of SC3000.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by Matewis
For those of you keeping track, no Haunted House in #2 or 4. :P Now I just have to figure out why the hell I want one and why a haunted house takes up more space than the goddamn fire and police department! :P
riboshom: Oh, this is great! This is fantastic, even.

One thing that bugs me, though, why not include the legendary soundtrack as a downloadable bonus? Are there some unsettled legal issues we're not aware of?
+1. Thats what I also want to know too. I know at one stage they gave the soundtrack for free off their website but the SimCity website was taken down a long time ago :(.
tinyE: For those of you keeping track, no Haunted House in #2 or 4. :P Now I just have to figure out why the hell I want one and why a haunted house takes up more space than the goddamn fire and police department! :P
Minor land value boost and makes your people happy.
tinyE: For those of you keeping track, no Haunted House in #2 or 4. :P Now I just have to figure out why the hell I want one and why a haunted house takes up more space than the goddamn fire and police department! :P
Darvond: Minor land value boost and makes your people happy.
Just like a whore house! :D

Thanks Darvond. There are a ton of 3000 wiki pages but they are kind of hard to navigate. #4 has really easy ones.
Does anyone have a list of the differences between Simcity 3000 and Simcity 3000 Unlimited Edition?
Hey GOG, do you have the bonus landmarks that were originally available through the official website? If not, would you like copies of the self-extracting zips so they can be added as optional goodies in the future?
tinyE: Just like a whore house! :D

Thanks Darvond. There are a ton of 3000 wiki pages but they are kind of hard to navigate. #4 has really easy ones.
There's a map you can look up to see how happy everyone is.
Bouchart: Does anyone have a list of the differences between Simcity 3000 and Simcity 3000 Unlimited Edition?
As a matter of fact....
Post edited July 15, 2016 by Darvond
ssokolow: *chuckle* I have the opposite problem.

When I was organizing my old CD-ROMs, I discovered I was too thorough. I have...

1. Three copies of SimCity Classic (One standalone boxed, one SimMania boxed, one SimClassics combo disc)
2. One MediaVision special bundled edition SC2K DOS CD (my first copy ever)
3. Three copies of SimCity 2000 Special Edition (one boxed, two from combo packs)
4. One copy of SimCity 2000 Network Edition (boxed)
5. One copy of SimCity 3000
6. One copy of SimCity 3000 Unlimited
7. One copy of SimCity 4, plus a copy of Rush Hour which my brother bought on eBay (from the silkscreening on the disc, the seller was apparently Thai)
8. SimCity Strategies and Secrets by Nick Dargahi
9. SimCity 2000 Strategies and Secrets, Special Edition
10. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to SimCity 3000
11. SimCopter
12. Streets of SimCity

...plus a bunch of other Maxis games which don't interoperate with SimCity.
This is fantastic! You have quite the collection. Enough to start a small SimCity/Maxis museum display. ( I, too, own Streets of SimCity. Played that game so much even though it was buggy and crashed all the time. Would be cool if someone fixed it and they could release it here.)
ssokolow: *chuckle* I have the opposite problem.

When I was organizing my old CD-ROMs, I discovered I was too thorough. I have...

1. Three copies of SimCity Classic (One standalone boxed, one SimMania boxed, one SimClassics combo disc)
2. One MediaVision special bundled edition SC2K DOS CD (my first copy ever)
3. Three copies of SimCity 2000 Special Edition (one boxed, two from combo packs)
4. One copy of SimCity 2000 Network Edition (boxed)
5. One copy of SimCity 3000
6. One copy of SimCity 3000 Unlimited
7. One copy of SimCity 4, plus a copy of Rush Hour which my brother bought on eBay (from the silkscreening on the disc, the seller was apparently Thai)
8. SimCity Strategies and Secrets by Nick Dargahi
9. SimCity 2000 Strategies and Secrets, Special Edition
10. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to SimCity 3000
11. SimCopter
12. Streets of SimCity

...plus a bunch of other Maxis games which don't interoperate with SimCity.
Incognita97: This is fantastic! You have quite the collection. Enough to start a small SimCity/Maxis museum display. ( I, too, own Streets of SimCity. Played that game so much even though it was buggy and crashed all the time. Would be cool if someone fixed it and they could release it here.)
I'm just a packrat when it comes to games and books. The only thing that makes me special is the touch of OCD which drives me to what I only realized to be a collecting hobby less than a year ago.

I normally don't take photos (I intensely dislike social media stereotypes and hypocrites and it's bad enough that I've struggled with being a self-focused motor-mouth since childhood) but, since you seem to actually be interested and, since I'm feeling pleased and a bit egocentric after your museum comment, have a photo of all my Maxis games.

https://imgur.com/x8R0d11

The sad thing is, I'm personally responsible for the registration cards being missing from all of those and for the EA Top Ten Family Fun Pack (FullTilt Pinball/Marble Drop, SimAnt, SimCity 2000, SimEarth, SimLife, SimSafari), SimCity 3000, and SimCity 3000 Unlimited being sans box. (During high school, I ran low on space and gave up too quickly on the question of whether to throw out boxes too flimsy to reuse for storage.)

The other ones missing boxes were either thrifted (SimCoaster), eBay'd as-is (SimClassics), or given to me (SimCity 4, The Sims 2, and one copy of SimCity 2000 Special Edition).