It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Simple, charming, beloved.

<span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span>, a cult favorite entry in the legendary urban-planning and city-building sim series, is available now with a 50% discount, DRM-free on GOG.com

The SimCity series was a smash-hit since its very first appearance in 1989, but it wasn't until until a decade later that SimCity 3000 took that design to an all-time high in terms of complexity vs. accessibility, as well as pure charm.

The core gameplay will be familiar no matter which entry in the series you've played before — you'll be managing your city's zones, budget, ordinances, and the many often conflicting needs of your SimCitizens. SimCity 3000 improves on its predecessor with a mixture of new elements to manage and better accessibility – this is the title that first introduced advisors into the series. The Unlimited re-release further expanded the game with new types of architecture, challenging scenarios, new disasters, and so much more.

An efficient and complex metropolis is the end goal, but on your way there you'll spend countless of hours living and breathing the city — and this is where SimCity 3000 truly shines and stands out from the crowd. It's a pleasant and accessible experience — from the memorable jazzy soundtrack (one of the best ever, check it out below), clean and still-beautiful presentation, to that delicate balance of just enough to worry about without overwhelming players with excessive information and data.

Return to <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> now DRM-free on GOG.com! The 50% launch discount will The 50% launch discount will last until July 21, 12:59 PM UTC.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
Decisions, decisions. Add to my *ahem* collection or to my every growing wishlist?
tinyE: I love talking about these games and 3000 is a totally new experience for me, so be warned i am probably going to swamp this thread today. :P
*increases download size so that tinyE can't download it*
tinyE: I love talking about these games and 3000 is a totally new experience for me, so be warned i am probably going to swamp this thread today. :P
omega64: *increases download size so that tinyE can't download it*
too late :P
In fact I reinstalled all of my simcities. :P
Finally, the best one.
Just a quick confirmation that the game seems to be running fine on my win7 laptop. The intro video didn't show, and when I started an actual game I had to minimize and maximize the game first. But other than that it seems to be working fine!
Wow, just going through my discs collection and realizing that I have SimCity 2000 Demo, SimCity 2000 (the full one), and SimCity 4 plus its expansion pack. Somehow, I managed to miss ever playing SimCity 3000. So tempting, so tempting.

GOG, why you do this to me? :)
Definitely picking this up. I'll hold off on the others :D
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/simcity-3000/en
GODDAMN HEX EDITING
Crosmando: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/simcity-3000/en
GODDAMN HEX EDITING
https://www.gog.com/forum/simcity_series/simcity_3000_high_resolutions/post2
GOG IS LOVE. GOG IS LIFE
On a more serious note, this is fucking awesome! Thanks GOG & EA for this wonderful birthday present! :D
even simpler
Incognita97: Wow, just going through my discs collection and realizing that I have SimCity 2000 Demo, SimCity 2000 (the full one), and SimCity 4 plus its expansion pack. Somehow, I managed to miss ever playing SimCity 3000. So tempting, so tempting.

GOG, why you do this to me? :)
*chuckle* I have the opposite problem.

When I was organizing my old CD-ROMs, I discovered I was too thorough. I have...

1. Three copies of SimCity Classic (One standalone boxed, one SimMania boxed, one SimClassics combo disc)
2. One MediaVision special bundled edition SC2K DOS CD (my first copy ever)
3. Three copies of SimCity 2000 Special Edition (one boxed, two from combo packs)
4. One copy of SimCity 2000 Network Edition (boxed)
5. One copy of SimCity 3000
6. One copy of SimCity 3000 Unlimited
7. One copy of SimCity 4, plus a copy of Rush Hour which my brother bought on eBay (from the silkscreening on the disc, the seller was apparently Thai)
8. SimCity Strategies and Secrets by Nick Dargahi
9. SimCity 2000 Strategies and Secrets, Special Edition
10. Prima's Official Strategy Guide to SimCity 3000
11. SimCopter
12. Streets of SimCity

...plus a bunch of other Maxis games which don't interoperate with SimCity.

...and I know I used to have floppies for both of the SimCity graphics sets to go with what I think might have been a pirated copy. (I wasn't even 10 years old at the time, so I only remember that I bought the graphics sets with my allowance.)

Still, it'll be nice to finally be able to install a version on my WinXP nostalgia machine which doesn't force me to choose between disc-swapping and compromising my principles with a NoCD crack. (I already own every other Sim game GOG offers for the same reason.)
Post edited July 14, 2016 by ssokolow
Finally, finally! The best SimCity game is here, or anywhere else for that matter; legally of course!

Also, Instabuy! ;-)

A huge KUDOS for GOG Team and huge Thanks!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by GlorFindel
P.S. Any chance of Sims 1 (Complete) being released? That would be the coolest thing ever!
And bought.
Awesome release.