It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title: Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
Genre: Adventure
Discount: 25% off for the owners of Sam & Max Save the World until 25th January 2022, 2 PM UTC.
high rated
Any "sanitisation" going on here as well, like with the remaster of the first episode, Save the World?
low rated
Did they screw up this one too? Didn't approve of the way the snowflakes butchered the first episode.
high rated
Swedrami: Any "sanitisation" going on here as well, like with the remaster of the first episode, Save the World?
Even without any censorship, increasing the price +800% for a graphical downgrade ( Original 2007 vs Remaster 2021) is stretching credibility of these YAUR's (Yet Another Unnecessary Remaster) to the limit.
I have the originals so I'm good. Would be nice to find out if this version is censored like the previous one.
I'm unfamiliar with the changes from the original releases, was it that bad?
high rated
Linko64: I'm unfamiliar with the changes from the original releases, was it that bad?
The first re-release some jokes were censored/changed/removed and they replaced the voice actor for Bosco who just doesn't sound right at all for the character.
high rated
Hard pass. I bought the original trilogy for £5.97 during the 2014 fall sale. Good games, but charging almost £50 (edit: actually almost £60 if you want the "DLC" soundtracks that came for free with the originals) for the same three 12-16 year old games because of a wafer thin coat of paint (that doesn't even look any better than the originals) is taking the p*ss...
Post edited January 12, 2022 by AB2012
Linko64: I'm unfamiliar with the changes from the original releases, was it that bad?
wolfsite: The first re-release some jokes were censored/changed/removed and they replaced the voice actor for Bosco who just doesn't sound right at all for the character.
Oh, I'm gonna do some digging and see exactly what was changed. I quite enjoyed the newer stuff, so sad to hear it's being messed around with. Cheers for the heads up!
low rated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YvVPXGgUL0
Wishlisted for now.

Where exactly do I start with Sam and Max? My only experience with it is from Jedi Knight.
Play in chronological order.

Start with Sam & Max Hit the Road.

Then Save the World, Beyond Time and Space, The Devil's Playhouse
ShadowWulfe: Wishlisted for now.

Where exactly do I start with Sam and Max? My only experience with it is from Jedi Knight.
Sam & Max: Hit the Road is the original game and a great place to start, that is followed up by the Telltale games (Save The World, Beyond Time and Space, The devil's Playhouse), however the original versions are not available with the re-releases the only option, though as you can see these ones are controversial due to changes made by the new developer.

The only other game is Sam & Max: This time it's Virtual which is a VR only game

There is also a 90's Saturday Morning cartoon that ran for one season which does have a number of good episodes considering the time space.

Update: rbstego just reported that you do get the original versions of the Telltale Sam & Max games when you purchase the remasters so they are available as a bonus.
Post edited January 12, 2022 by wolfsite
wolfsite: There is also a 90's Saturday Morning cartoon that ran for one season which does have a number of good episodes considering the time space.
And let's not forget that it was the comics that started it all.
Strange, but GOG stopped writing a text introducing the new games.

Is this change in approach already related to the restructuring that GOG would receive?