It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exciting news ahead – Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is now finally available for Australia – in a special Saints Row IV: Re-Elected AU edition!

After saving the world from a terrorist attack the leader of the 3rd Street Saints is elected to become President of the United States. Things go reasonably well until an alien warlord named Zinyak attacks the white house and abducts his entire cabinet. Now stuck inside a reality bending simulation, the President and the Saints fight to save themselves, Earth, and the entire galaxy... if that all sounds crazy to you, trust us: we’re just getting started.

Now available for Australia!
high rated
Screw you! I demand the stolen Game of the Century Edition that i paid for back! You A-holes actually went as far as to change the receipt, I DID NOT BUY Re-Elected garbage!

Right now there is NO WAY to download the old version!
Post edited 6 hours ago by 00063
I'd like to see the AU version avaliable for people outside of AU to buy as well (or avaliable optionally for free for those us that don't live in AU, but own the game) as i've always enjoyed comparing censored versions to non censored versions (AU version has Shaundi's side mission removed from it btw, and I think a few weapons got changed.)

Also I know you can do it GOG as I got Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus German Edition when I brought Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
Post edited 6 hours ago by RoboPond
00063: Screw you! I demand the stolen Game of the Century Edition that i paid for back! You A-holes actually went as far as to change the receipt, I DID NOT BUY Re-Elected garbage!

Right now there is NO WAY to download the old version!
Is there any differences between GOTC and AU?
high rated
I'm sorry, Australia, that your government sucks so much you need a special release of games just to comply with censorship.
high rated
M3troid: Is there any differences between GOTC and AU?
Yes this one (Re-Elected) has more bugs, malware, DRM, Epic Games Launcher and doesn't work on Windows 7! Note, i will not install this trash and still have GOTC installed, so don't really know the current situation. But removing a game that you pay for and replacing it! This it's totally unacceptable!
Post edited 5 hours ago by 00063
00063: Yes this one has more bugs, malware, DRM, Epic Games Launcher and doesn't worked on Windows 7!
facepalm.jpg

really, gog?
00063: Yes this one has more bugs, malware, DRM, Epic Games Launcher and doesn't worked on Windows 7!
M3troid: facepalm.jpg

really, gog?
Game of the Century and re-elected are essentially the same game. Quick research indicates re-elected includes cross play with Steam and console players and included Gat out of Hell on some stores. I did see some reports of crashing with re-elected but it seemed isolated and I never experienced any when I played. Not supporting Win 7 is pretty normal as not even Microsoft supports it which makes it vulnerable if you go online.
Game changes for the GOTC vs AU are that Shaundi's loyalty mission is removed, and a weapon was renamed. (If any of that was changed for the new Epic version then I can't say.)

Edit: tagged wrong person sorry if you got pinged.

Edit 2: Re-Elected AU also has the same changes.
Post edited 5 hours ago by RoboPond
I can see this getting confusing since you have the GOTC version, the Re-elected version, the AU version of Re-elected which has censorship and removed content due to Australian laws.
It's hard to take GOG's commitment to games preservation seriously when they have to be so coy and not mention the terms "censorship" or "removal". It's okay to stand up against these things, and any country that persecutes you for doing so is probably not one worth doing business in.

It's not just rights issues and compatibility that needs to go into preservation. I don't feel comfortable buying games when the publishers can simply patch out any wrongthink in their releases on a "preservation" site. I know there's a feature to load up older versions of games, so maybe I need to explore how thorough that is.
Post edited 5 hours ago by badacid
high rated
00063: Right now there is NO WAY to download the old version!
There is. Through Galaxy. But that option will be gone if the game receives 1 or 2 more updates, as Galaxy only allows rollback to 5 past versions.

Either way, yes. SR 4 is an egregious example of the original version having been replaced by a different one. If GOG could go back and re-add the installers of the last pre-Re-Elected edition version to extras at least, it would send off a really good signal to the community.

And yes, Re-Elected is inferior to Century in many regards. Or at least was back when it released. Not sure if anything changed since then but I assume not, as the last update was 2 years ago.

EDIT:
Added a screen of Galaxy version swap. The 2 oldest ones are the Century version. 2 more updates, and it will be impossible to revert back to it.
Attachments:
sr4.png (42 Kb)
Post edited 5 hours ago by idbeholdME
I imagine GoG's hands are tied in this regard, and it's entirely up to Deep Silver/THQ Nordic whether the old version would be put up again (as a separate "classic" edition) or not.
00063: Yes this one (Re-Elected) has more bugs, malware, DRM, Epic Games Launcher and doesn't work on Windows 7! Note, i will not install this trash and still have GOTC installed, so don't really know the current situation. But removing a game that you pay for and replacing it! This it's totally unacceptable!
About the "DRM" claim. Does the new update require registering and logging in an Epic Games account to play the _single player_ portion/campaign of the game? If it does not then there is no additional DRM. Many modern games install launchers (Baldur's Gate 3, Paradox games), as long as you don't need to effectively "authenticate" your game install (by logging in somewhere) to play, after having downloaded the installation kit, then it should be fine.

Curios: Can you bypass the launcher when running the latest Saints Row IV (just run the game executable directly) like it can be done on many other GOG games that ship with additional launchers?
Please preserve the Game of the Century Edition, GOG. Let us have it back.