It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exciting news ahead – Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is now finally available for Australia – in a special Saints Row IV: Re-Elected AU edition!

After saving the world from a terrorist attack the leader of the 3rd Street Saints is elected to become President of the United States. Things go reasonably well until an alien warlord named Zinyak attacks the white house and abducts his entire cabinet. Now stuck inside a reality bending simulation, the President and the Saints fight to save themselves, Earth, and the entire galaxy... if that all sounds crazy to you, trust us: we’re just getting started.

Now available for Australia!
DoomSooth: Please preserve the Game of the Century Edition, GOG. Let us have it back.
As already pointed out, that's not GOG's decision to make, unfortunately.
DoomSooth: Please preserve the Game of the Century Edition, GOG. Let us have it back.
They have to comply with the rights holder of the game and they converted all copies of GOTC to the re-elected edition on all store fronts.

If GOG refused or continued offering GOTC they could be held in breach of contract which could result in removal of games, possible fines or suing, and other companies being more resistant to placing games on GOG if they belive they will not honour the written contract agreement.
M3troid: Is there any differences between GOTC and AU?
00063: Yes this one (Re-Elected) has more bugs, malware, DRM, Epic Games Launcher and doesn't work on Windows 7! Note, i will not install this trash and still have GOTC installed, so don't really know the current situation. But removing a game that you pay for and replacing it! This it's totally unacceptable!
The GOTC was just as buggy as the Re-election version. I played both and came across the same bugs.
Where's the new Saints Row 2 PC port we have been waiting for years now?
I don't understand why people ask for remasters, remakes or new ports of games that don't need it. Saints Row 2 is a video game that doesn't need a remake, remaster or a new port. And, as the industry currently stands, the truth is that far from seeing improvements you find, instead, additions that contribute nothing to aspects such as story or gameplay.
Does this mean AU users will finally get the free copy of SR4 we were supposed to back in 2017 when the series was available on Connect?
UCrest: I don't understand why people ask for remasters, remakes or new ports of games that don't need it. Saints Row 2 is a video game that doesn't need a remake, remaster or a new port. And, as the industry currently stands, the truth is that far from seeing improvements you find, instead, additions that contribute nothing to aspects such as story or gameplay.
Comes off more as greed to me. They remaster/remake the version that sold the most, not the version that really needs it. If that were the case, we would get a Silent Hill 1 remake instead of 2. They remaster SR3 Because it was the best selling one and probably less resources/easier to do.
UCrest: I don't understand why people ask for remasters, remakes or new ports of games that don't need it. Saints Row 2 is a video game that doesn't need a remake, remaster or a new port. And, as the industry currently stands, the truth is that far from seeing improvements you find, instead, additions that contribute nothing to aspects such as story or gameplay.
This. I will never understand people who beg for remakes or remasters. The only thing it does is encourage companies to stop innovating.

If you're on PC, there are literally no reasons why you'd need a re-release. Just go play the original. And if they're not on PC, emulators exist. Just buy a dirt cheap copy on the used market, dump it, and play it.

If you're a console player exclusively, I can sympathize a bit more with those requests, but only if the games in question are before the PS3 era. If you only have a PS5, you cant play anything before the PS4. Funnily enough, Sony has been remastering games from the PS4 era exclusively lately for no reason other than lazy work to get a quick buck, but it stiil sells unfortunately.

At least in the PS4 gen, they had an excuse for remasters, since the PS4 couldnt play anything from the PS3. But now that the PS5 has essentially 100% backwards compatibility with the PS4, there's no reason for those remasters to exist.
Syphon72: Comes off more as greed to me. They remaster/remake the version that sold the most, not the version that really needs it. If that were the case, we would get a Silent Hill 1 remake instead of 2. They remaster SR3 Because it was the best selling one and probably less resources/easier to do.
Yes, I agree, greed has a lot to do with it. But I don't understand when a person asks for a remaster, a remake or a new port of a game that doesn't need it. Even worse if the original game is less than two, three, four or five years old since its release.

Today you see remakes, ports or remasters with the same programming errors as the originals. Or memorable stories completely ruined with additions that are either pointless or unnecessary. And, as icing on the cake, you see games that are still running thanks to the same organised community of gamers working to improve the gaming experience. Games that were practically abandoned by their developer or publisher.

A hug! :)
Testiclides: This. I will never understand people who beg for remakes or remasters. The only thing it does is encourage companies to stop innovating.
Yes, that's right. I share your opinion :)

A hug!
Post edited 3 hours ago by UCrest
If installing through Galaxy, and using the Rollback feature, it's the last two iterations that are the pre-Epic ones, correct?
Syphon72: Comes off more as greed to me. They remaster/remake the version that sold the most, not the version that really needs it. If that were the case, we would get a Silent Hill 1 remake instead of 2. They remaster SR3 Because it was the best selling one and probably less resources/easier to do.
UCrest: Yes, I agree, greed has a lot to do with it. But I don't understand when a person asks for a remaster, a remake or a new port of a game that doesn't need it. Even worse if the original game is less than two, three, four or five years old since its release.

Today you see remakes, ports or remasters with the same programming errors as the originals. Or memorable stories completely ruined with additions that are either pointless or unnecessary. And, as icing on the cake, you see games that are still running thanks to the same organised community of gamers working to improve the gaming experience. Games that were practically abandoned by their developer or publisher.!
I agree with you. I was just saying that because did anyone actually ask for remaster of SR3 or 4? We been all asking for SR2 remaster or at least I have been.
So I take it Australia is even worse than germany ? Are we shooting with Pea Shooters and running around with no skin showing ? Or what is changed ?
Also don't pay a penny for censored crap.

Oh I see it's the drugs are bad mmkay thing again.
Post edited 3 hours ago by Reaper9988
UCrest: Saints Row 2 is a video game that doesn't need a remake, remaster or a new port..
It does need a new PC port since the PC version of Saints Row 2 is one of the most broken PC ports of all time and never got the console DLC lol.

The new PC port for Saints Row 2 was announced in 2019 and fans are still waiting... Also Saints Row 1 was never ported to PC and Playstation so that one does need a remaster.
ClassicGamer592: It does need a new PC port since the PC version of Saints Row 2 is one of the most broken PC ports of all time and never got the console DLC lol.
And it'll remain that way, since Volition is now dead. Not gonna happen anymore unfortunately. However:

-Using DXVK fixes most performance issues on the PC port;
-You can always emulate the PS3 or 360 version for the console DLC.

ClassicGamer592: Also Saints Row 1 was never ported to PC and Playstation so that one does need a remaster.
All good, it's fully playable on Xenia, the Xbox 360 emulator. Copies are pretty cheap in the used market too :)

There you go. Inexpensive, good ways to play the games you want. And it's all thanks to the effort of the community. The ones truly dedicated to game preservation, unlike the companies who proceed to do nothing but pump out lousy remakes, delist the originals, and make bank from their loyal fans thanking them for giving a middle finger to preservation.

I'm not saying remakes can't be good. The latest SIlent Hill 2 remake is a decent example. I just dislike the way people beg for remakes or remasters like there's no way to play them. Like brother, they're right there, just get off your ass instead of swipping your credit card on the latest 80$ remake XD
Post edited 18 minutes ago by Testiclides
ClassicGamer592: It does need a new PC port since the PC version of Saints Row 2 is one of the most broken PC ports of all time and never got the console DLC lol.
Testiclides: And it'll remain that way, since Volition is now dead. Not gonna happen anymore unfortunately. However:

-Using DXVK fixes most performance issues on the PC port;
-You can always emulate the PS3 or 360 version for the console DLC.
DXVK fixed the game crashing randomly? I can play at 30 fps, but the crashing I can't handle.