It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Somewhere, over the railroad.

<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span>, which contains the three games that put this sub-genre on track, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount. Buying each game individually grants you a 50% discount, instead.

There is something strangely exhilarating, wondrous, and just downright fun to playing with trains. Could be the fact that trains give the impression of moving on their own, almost like a living organism. Could also be about the unmistakably retro feel of the locomotive, which makes it seem like a relic of a bygone era that is still somehow relevant. Mostly, though, trains are cool because the views associated with riding them are consistently breathtaking.

To capture the magic of what the railroad meant for human transportation, one must go back to 1804, then slowly work their way closer and closer to modern times. <span class="bold">Railroad 2: Platinum</span> and <span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon 3</span> are the best express tickets for such a journey, letting you build whole networks of railroad tracks, closely inspect the different types of available train engines, and take in the awesome landscapes. Once you have absorbed and mastered the craft of railroad management, ask the conductor to set course for <span class="bold">Sid Meier's Railroads!</span>. It is here that you will put those strategy/simulation skills to the test and try to build the grandest rail empire in the nation, despite your opponents' shrewd efforts to derail you.

Catch a ride to the history and challenges of the locomotive in the <span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 66% bundle discount and the 50% individual discounts will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
high rated
animalmother2105: The gamecard states that it is Railroad Tycoon 2 Platinum. I have the old boxed version of that. Does that mean, that it contains also the addon "Second century" as well as additional scenarios? Have not seen that info on the gamecard. Thanks in advance.
HunchBluntley: Actually, the only place it mentions the Platinum edition is in the bonuses section, for the manual. It's possible that that was the only version of the RrT2 manual they were able to find a copy of. I guess one of the blues (or someone already familiar with the game who has purchased and tried this version) will have to clarify.
animalmother2105, "Second century" is included.
As a proof of purchased and installed.
Attachments:
launcher.jpg (279 Kb)
omega64: Maybe another company owns it?
Well, I don't know about that. It's available for free from the publisher's own site.
wongheiming: animalmother2105, "Second century" is included.
As a proof of purchased and installed.
How well do those games run on Win7? Is there a windowed mode?
Matruchus: Ah, forgot about that one since its missing the linux version :)

Hm, it just clicked in my mind that if Take Two is here now then we shall see some Civilization games in the future. Can't wait.
Splatsch: And Chris Sawyer's Locomotion ? (That I personally love a lot despite its flaws)
Oh, yeah. I have that one but couldn't get into it too much since its just a re branded Rollercoaster Tycoon game. It just didn't work right for me but that's personal taste. Railroad Tycoon 2+3 though are the real deal. Railroads though is just meh but that's my personal opinion on it.
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Matruchus
I don't mean to nit pick, but since when is the Chrysler Building in Baltimore? :P
Attachments:
baltimore.jpg (233 Kb)
tinyE: I don't mean to nit pick, but since when is the Chrysler Building in Baltimore? :P
Which railroad game is that? Is that running on Win7?
tokisto: Whohoo! Choo choo!
I love the RR games! Ok GOG, amazing move with 2K. Now I'll be waiting for Civ games (one can dream)
Anyone knows (Judas, where are you? :) if runs fine on Wine? Thanks!
JudasIscariot: I am at my windows machine at work ...working on the finishing touches for the 2K games :P
It would be good if somebody fixed the name of the gamecard for Railroad Tycoon 2 Platinum since it says only Railroad Tycoon 2 at the moment and in the description (besides manual name) there is nothing pointing at this being the platinum version.
tinyE: I don't mean to nit pick, but since when is the Chrysler Building in Baltimore? :P
IronArcturus: Which railroad game is that? Is that running on Win7?
Sid Meier's Railroads. Win7 and she runs great but I haven't tried windowed.

I've also tried RT #2 and she works great the graphics are pretty grainy, but that's age.

I would be nice if the two Tycoon games had some semblance of a tutorial. :P
Post edited March 29, 2016 by tinyE
tinyE: Sid Meier's Railroads. Win7 and she runs great but I haven't tried windowed.

I've also tried RT #2 and she works great the graphics are pretty grainy, but that's age.
So I think the 2006 version of Sid Meier's Railroads is the only 3D version, right?
tinyE: Sid Meier's Railroads. Win7 and she runs great but I haven't tried windowed.

The internet is your tutorial.

IronArcturus: So I think the 2006 version of Sid Meier's Railroads is the only 3D version, right?
Yeah. She's beautiful, not counting that they have one of the most famous sky scrapers in the world in the wrong city.

omega64: The internet is your tutorial.
I have to disagree. GOG really needs to make sure their older games come with a manual, since not all manuals can be easily found online.
Finally! Thank you GOG! :D

IronArcturus: So I think the 2006 version of Sid Meier's Railroads is the only 3D version, right?
RT3 is also 3D and the best out of the series but I like them all. ;)
Post edited March 29, 2016 by flashpulse
omega64: The internet is your tutorial.
IronArcturus: I have to disagree. GOG really needs to make sure their older games come with a manual, since not all manuals can be easily found online.
Well, yeah. I never said they shouldn't.
I don't need a manual but come on, throw a dog a bone. :P

RT 2 starts off with a map, that's it. XD It doesn't give you a clue as to what the hell your objective is. I ended up just clicking on buttons until it stopped telling me I couldn't do something.

Still great game, it's just going to take some time to learn.