It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
high rated
Impaler26: More regionally-locked games on GOG... Screw this! :(
JudasIscariot: I am sorry but this is required by law.
Are you sure about that? Because the Wolfenstein games make kind of sense and they are on the list, but it does not make sense for the Quake games. If you say the Quake games can not be sold, there are several other games here which would need to be blocked.
Clearly something is not right here.
It's pretty obvious that Bethesda asked for the region lock. There are many other games available to German customers around here that still are on the index, and no one gave a damn shit about that.
Grargar: Then I really wonder what prompted the locking of the second and third one, but not the first one...
InfraSuperman: As Nergal01 pointed out, Quake 1 isn't blacklisted anymore, while 2 and 3 still are. The idiotic part is that GOG has never given a shit about that with any other game in the catalogue.
How about Harvester? I've heard that it was banned in Germany as well, but it's being sold here without restrictions AFAIK.
More games I have elsewhere as I thought they'd never show up here, but awesome release nonetheless. I would considering purchasing them again here, but not for those prices. I haven't seen some of the Id titles go on sale for more than 40% off in years, and if that trend continues on GOG, this is probably close to as low as they'd get, too.
Does anyone know which mod engine GOG is using for Quake II?
Nice releases, though the region locks and the pricing sour the festivities. I'll probably get the Wolfenstein games at some point. Never was a Quake fan, so those will be 80% sale items.

Oh, and if any of my German friends wants to Underground Railroad these into their accounts, let me know and we'll set up an exchange situation.
I still don`t get it why a Polish company is bound to dumb German laws!
high rated
JudasIscariot: I am sorry but this is required by law.
How come there is a selective application of the law because some other games are available for German customers despite being banned and same goes for Australian customers as well? It would have been much better if a German version of the store and website wasn't introduced in the first place if this is the cost.

Great to the see the Wolfenstein games here but another unfortunate occurrence where even more games are now added to the regionally locked list on GOG.
Post edited October 02, 2015 by stg83
InfraSuperman: As Nergal01 pointed out, Quake 1 isn't blacklisted anymore, while 2 and 3 still are. The idiotic part is that GOG has never given a shit about that with any other game in the catalogue.

EDIT: Plus, it's not even illegal to sell these games in Germany (unlike Wolfenstein), they're just restricted to an adult audience.
Well, I guess that with the locking of the Commandos games, it was bound to happen sooner or later. At least, this locking confirms what are GOG's plans for future problematic games.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, nice!
IronArcturus: would like to know if Quake 2 still has the original music.
Chacranajxy: do we know if Quake II includes the music?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_quake_ii_iii_wolfenstein_3d_return_to_castle_wolfenstein_b1348/post62
Instabought the lot, thanks Bethesda and GOG!
high rated
zeffyr: How about Harvester? I've heard that it was banned in Germany as well, but it's being sold here without restrictions AFAIK.
There are two different lists. One has games that can be sold to adults. Harvester, Quake, Mortal Kombat and tons of other games (several which are on gog) are on this list.

And then there is the list with games that are forbidden to be sold in Germany. Which is a very short list ~15 games, including Wolfenstein, Commandos.
zeffyr: How about Harvester? I've heard that it was banned in Germany as well, but it's being sold here without restrictions AFAIK.
That one's not locked either.
Harvester was never outright banned in Germany, just, like lots of other games, blacklisted/"indexed".

EDIT: Come to think of it, the game was never officially released in Germany, but all the international versions are indeed restricted.
Post edited October 01, 2015 by InfraSuperman
Maxvorstadt: Well, I can buy here other games that are on the index in Germany. ...
How dare GOG defying the law? At least the age restriction they could implement if you ask me.