It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
What a day. What a lovely day!
Konrad: Hey guys,
It probably doesn't need to be said, but if it was only up to us - we'd love to release these games worldwide. In this particular case, the games' publisher is forbidden from offering the titles to German customers, and we have to respect these limitations.

Still, we did not want to refuse the games altogether, simply because we felt this would be unfair to gamers from all remaining 190+ countries.
It makes sense for the Wolfenstein games which were indeed banned in Germany.

But the Quake games were not. They are on the index (like many other games that GOG sells to Germans). You are not allowed to promote them, to sell them openly and to sell them to minors. But it's perfectly fine to sell them to adults when they ask for the game.

A simple solution for GOG would be to block the game page for German users and only give access when the customer enters a credit card number (minors are not allowed to have credit cards here). They could also only allow purchases via credit card and everything would be fine.

But there's no real reason to completely lock the games for Germans (and when the publishers says he's forbidden to sell them in Germany it's simply a lie).
Post edited October 01, 2015 by PaterAlf
low rated
Thiev: regarding Quake III:
we don't have CD keys for it yet but they will be available shortly (a.k.a. as soon as we get them). Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cd keys... So much for being DRM-free.
JinseiNGC224: Quake Wars
Best multiplayer one, imho. Releasing this and being able to call your friends on Galaxy and play gotta be glorious!
thesmashingone: Also, interesting how they have a launcher (Quake2L) included with Quake II. Seems the GOG team packed in more features from just Quake II + Ground Zero + The Reckoning.
Well, the Extremities Pack was included in original release, so it is included in ours as well. But the moment I saw the amount of start menu links it created, I was, like 'nope.' ;)

The launcher is just a simple solution to gather all those links in one place. If you open its .INI file in a notepad you'll notice it is quite straightforward.
low rated
GOG.com: The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem, we Germans will just download the GOG files then from illegal sources. Well, thanks for region-locks, GOG.
(As for me, I already have them on Steam, so no point doing that, but many probably will.)
Great job, GOG! Thanks for finally bringing us these games!
Teppic: Cd keys... So much for being DRM-free.
CD keys are largely obsolete, but still required on some multiplayer servers, dependent on host. They are not needed for anything else.
low rated
When I came to GOG, it said one price worldwide, no DRM.

Now there essentially IS DRM in form of region-locked purchasing! Please get back to old glory and resist the publishers who demand that!
Post edited October 01, 2015 by Protoss
Thiev: As soon as our Product Minions get home probably. We had some network problems today at the office.
Maxvorstadt: Hello, can you please tell us if there will be some release for us germans too this day? Because we really don`t feel very good about beind kept out of todays releases!!!
Try a VPN, or arrange with someone from another country to gift it to you .
Grargar: The GOG of old wouldn't release those games at all. But now that GOG has decided to include regional pricing, all bets are off.
mobutu: I'm sorry, but in this case I don't think it's a matter of "new" vs "old" gog.
This is a matter with some country having unjust laws. And I don't think the whole world should suffer because one's country/state/region dumb, unjust and plain wrong legislation.
The regional pricing does affect more than just one country, I’m sure. Also, laws don’t have anything to do with regional pricing. If the publisher wants to, he can sell the same game for the same end price everywhere.
Post edited October 01, 2015 by Falkenherz
Thiev: As soon as our Product Minions get home probably. We had some network problems today at the office.
Maxvorstadt: Hello, can you please tell us if there will be some release for us germans too this day? Because we really don`t feel very good about beind kept out of todays releases!!!
Knock yourself out:
http://www.gameware.at/info/space/The+Quake+Collection+%28Englisch%29?emphasize=MS-QUCO

Austria rocks!
I wonder if The Quake Collection does include Quake 4, if yes, then it would be an insta-buy for me (as long as it's free of Steam).
Post edited October 01, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Thiev: CD keys are largely obsolete, but still required on some multiplayer servers, dependent on host. They are not needed for anything else.
Does that mean I can host and play without requiring a key? Is the key for official servers or something?
Thiev: CD keys are largely obsolete, but still required on some multiplayer servers, dependent on host. They are not needed for anything else.
Teppic: Does that mean I can host and play without requiring a key? Is the key for official servers or something?
Will the multiplayer work for RTCW and Quake II?
Hi thiev,
do I need cd-keys in order to play these (q2/q3/wolf returns) in lan? I know it's a silly one, forgive me.
And how does Galaxy improve lan gaming? Can you elaborate a little more on how easy - or not :P - it is to setup a lan game on Galaxy? Thanks a ton, I mean it.