It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A moment you’ve been waiting for Phantom Fury!, heavily interactive, adrenaline-rich journey, is now available on GOG with a -10% launch discount until June 6th, 12 PM UTC!

Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison is back in this highly interactive mix of first person action and road movie adventure. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey around the USA. Use an enormous arsenal of weapons and skills to battle treacherous soldiers and vile mutants, all while trying to save mankind.

You can now also get Phantom Fury - Digital Artbook. Check them out!
Played longer and honestly this game is just a big disappointment, Ion Fury is the much better game between the two.

Again this game is extremely linear but at the same time misleading as there are tons of doors the game will highlight but are just there for scenery, but that means you still need to check each door to ensure you are not missing the way forward.

There are a lot of invisible walls in the game as well, even though you can easily get to certain spaces they block it, even it is somewhere you need to go, in the train yard I could jump on top of the cars but they put invisible walls on top to block access to the next area so you have to look for a place to use an ability the game never teaches you about.

Enemies in the game love playing peek-a-boo with cover, they will just hunker behind cover and pop up for a moment then hide again, this has happened constantly. They can also shoot through walls and other terrain, as well as just appear out of thin air.

Again Ion Fury just did everything better, more places to explore and you got rewarded for it, abilities were better demonstrated, puzzles were more thought out.

The Shotgun is also very weak taking multiple shots at point blank range to take out basic enemies.
wolfsite: Again this game is extremely linear but at the same time misleading as there are tons of doors the game will highlight but are just there for scenery, but that means you still need to check each door to ensure you are not missing the way forward.
I really hate it when games do that.
PMPMGamer: This game is a bit reminiscent of the Duke Nukem series.
But honestly, it doesn't look like anything special in the videos.
AWG43: Looks more like a DOOM wannabe game. And yeah, the trailer shows quite average gameplay.
Nothing doom about it. More like Half-Life 1.
Tarhiel: Thanks for clarifying that, but I just can´t get why it is so hard to release on GOG, since they done it numerous time before, why is it all of a sudden too much time and attention?
We may never know, but I think a good indicator may be the relatively recent news that both the dev and the publisher seem to be having significant financial issues, which can manifest in many different ways.
Regardless, I am glad they released it here and I hope they will reconsider for any future releases.
Likewise. This game is getting crapped on a lot, but overall it's supposed to be decent, but not great, which is fine with me, so I grabbed it here right away. I'm not as fussy as most gamers, apparently. :-)
I wish we could get the older 3D Realms games we still don't have here, especially Death Rally which is freeware and on Steam. But also Word Rescue, Mystic Towers, Major Stryker, and a few others.
Oh, they released it here, huh? Well, I'm glad, but slightly irked by the publisher's waffling. I will have to wishlist it for now, but this is a must get for me, even if the reviews are consistently underwhelming.
Nice, now release here Duke Nukem 3d world tour.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/duke_nukem_3d_20th_anniversary_world_tour
Didn't realize when I first posted here that they already decided to stop patching the game weeks before Phantom Fury got to gog. I guess there goes my purchase once most bugs are patched.

From the official 3DR Discord (May 15th):
Unfortunately, we don't have any updates to share on future patches for the game at this time

This one is more recent, from June 13th:
[i]I can only echo what Eric's written further up in the chat. And it's unfortunately still the case that a patch isn't planned for Phantom Fury.

Bugs mentioned after the release have been noted, but there's no current timeline on a patch that would address them.[/i]

The statement above refers to their May 15th reply.

gog received a patch a bit after the release because Slipgate Ironworks managed to upload an outdated build, I can't even. xD -> Edit: This is wrong, they submitted multiple builds and the wrong one got uploaded on gog. :P

They probably only released on gog because the game bombed and they wanted to squeeze a couple more dollars out.
I can only repeat myself here: F#ck them!

Edit: It honestly is shitty, but I was right from the start.
Post edited June 17, 2024 by NuffCatnip
Wow. What a horrible release.
NuffCatnip: .
gog received a patch a bit after the release because Slipgate Ironworks managed to upload an outdated build, I can't even. xD
They probably only released on gog because the game bombed and they wanted to squeeze a couple more dollars out.

Seriously? That was not a new patch for the game? How did they manage to upload an outdated version?
NuffCatnip: .
gog received a patch a bit after the release because Slipgate Ironworks managed to upload an outdated build, I can't even. xD

Syphon72: Seriously? That was not a new patch for the game? How did they manage to upload an outdated version?
Oops, guess I got something mixed up.

From their Discord.

Question:
so you guys uploaded an outdated build on GOG?

Answer from their community manager:
It released on May 30th, correct. We provided an up to date build to GOG, but there was a miscommunication and an outdated build was uploaded instead.
Good thing I didn't buy this game. Well, I was planning to but then I had a bad feeling about this. Well, money saved.

Edit: Quote from one of the founders: "Phantom Fury was not a cash grab because it was a huge financial loss for 3DR--millions lost. So, not doing more work on it doesn't make it a "cash grab". The better way to put it is that "they're cutting their losses.""
Post edited June 17, 2024 by Atreyu666
Great News:

Phantom Fury - Official Soundtrack is out!

Vote here: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/phantom_fury_official_soundtrack