It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A moment you’ve been waiting for Phantom Fury!, heavily interactive, adrenaline-rich journey, is now available on GOG with a -10% launch discount until June 6th, 12 PM UTC!

Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison is back in this highly interactive mix of first person action and road movie adventure. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey around the USA. Use an enormous arsenal of weapons and skills to battle treacherous soldiers and vile mutants, all while trying to save mankind.

You can now also get Phantom Fury - Digital Artbook. Check them out!
Atreyu666: Can somebody tell me if the save system is still checkpoints instead of manual saving?.
That hasn't changed in the full game.
idbeholdME: Apparently yes. Still only checkpoints:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1733240/discussions/0/4335355681667769738/
Okay, thank you! This makes my decision to give this one a pass much easier. At least for now.
I am a bit skeptical about how often the GOG build will receive updates, given the developers' uncertainty on releasing it here. However, I am still glad they followed through on the initial promise. :-)
oops sorry, wrong thread...
Post edited May 30, 2024 by Lone_Scout
Be warned, this has nothing to do with the previous game.
I'm not judging, but you should definitely check about it before you buy.
Hurricane0440: I am a bit skeptical about how often the GOG build will receive updates, given the developers' uncertainty on releasing it here. However, I am still glad they followed through on the initial promise. :-)
I am glad to, what I am not glad about is hearing that they even considered NOT releasing here in the first place.
Does anybody know why?

Thy are not big studio who could choose where to publish their game (and even big studios would try to publish everywhere just to get the biggest ROI, even though we are usually the last).

I am also one of those who was looking forward to this being released here, although I heard about game´s shortcomings, I am sure they will polish it and balance it out, maybe even release some kind of an expansion (which I am hoping for).
Post edited May 30, 2024 by Tarhiel
high rated
Can't save => won't buy.
Hard pass - 3D Realms, fix the game first.
Post edited May 31, 2024 by LGGOG
Not to be confused with Ion Fury - Aftershock. But looks interesting.
Played for a bit but this is a way slower experience than Ion Fury,

First level is extremely vague not really teaching you mechanics of the game and just throwing you into the deep end. Level design is rather bland and there is no map feature (game is very linear though but in a bad way).

Ran into a few glitches in the first level as well where enemies could run right into the walls and shoot you easily while you can't fire back mostly.

It does not feel like a sequel to Ion Fury and frankly found it rather boring.
high rated
I played 4,5 hours so far on Hard difficulty and besides the enemy AI sometimes being a bit stupid I can say that I've not encountered any big bugs yet. The only thing that happened to me was getting boosted across an area thanks to some box physics but that was more a funny thing than an annoying one.

So far I'm enjoying this game and I'm happy 3DR changed their mind and released it here.
high rated
Tarhiel: I am glad to, what I am not glad about is hearing that they even considered NOT releasing here in the first place.
Does anybody know why?
IIRC, they said they needed to focus all their remaining resources elsewhere, as if a GOG release would require too much of their time and attention. Which I suppose may be true if, in fact they have a near-zero budget to work with.

In the Steam forums, one of the game's devs repeatedly said they had directed GOG to remove their listing for the game, and were puzzled as to why GOG had not yet done so. And since GOG was not removing the listing despite repeated requests to do so, I thought that there might be a good reason as to why GOG was not taking it down, so I held off and did not buy it from that other store.

My guess is that there was a contract in place that GOG chose to enforce. But that is only my guess, and could be completely off the mark. Another possibility is that GOG made it as easy as possible for them to release the game, and thus talked them into it. But again, those are just guesses.
Post edited May 31, 2024 by GilesHabibula
Tarhiel: I am glad to, what I am not glad about is hearing that they even considered NOT releasing here in the first place.
Does anybody know why?
GilesHabibula: IIRC, they said they needed to focus all their remaining resources elsewhere, as if a GOG release would require too much of their time and attention. Which I suppose may be true if, in fact they have a near-zero budget to work with.

In the Steam forums, one of the game's devs repeatedly said they had directed GOG to remove their listing for the game, and were puzzled as to why GOG had not yet done so. And since GOG was not removing the listing despite repeated requests to do so, I thought that there might be a good reason as to why GOG was not taking it down, so I held off and did not buy it from that other store.

My guess is that there was a contract in place that GOG chose to enforce. But that is only my guess, and could be completely off the mark. Another possibility is that GOG made it as easy as possible for them to release the game, and thus talked them into it. But again, those are just guesses.
Thanks for clarifying that, but I just can´t get why it is so hard to release on GOG, since they done it numerous time before, why is it all of a sudden too much time and attention?

Regardless, I am glad they released it here and I hope they will reconsider for any future releases.
Post edited May 31, 2024 by Tarhiel
This game is a bit reminiscent of the Duke Nukem series.
But honestly, it doesn't look like anything special in the videos.
PMPMGamer: This game is a bit reminiscent of the Duke Nukem series.
But honestly, it doesn't look like anything special in the videos.
Looks more like a DOOM wannabe game. And yeah, the trailer shows quite average gameplay.