It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do androids dream of taking over the stars?

<span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, an intoxicating blend of space simulation with first-person action, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Parkan means "boomerang" and it happens to be the name of the spaceship you're riding. Rather fitting name for a vessel tasked with a rescue mission that backfired so spectacularly. But you're not one to give up so easily. Stranded on a network of war-ravaged planets being mined for resources by several mechanical tribes, you will immediately start planning on how to make the most of your unique situation. You can trade with these robotic people, colonize planets, intercept shipments, and fight for your place in this strange part of the galaxy. When not exploring space or breaking orbital defences aboard your Parkan, you will take a more hands-on approach and shoot your way through hostile locations in first-person. For sometimes, this is the only way to obtain the information or items necessary in order to take the upper hand.

Work with or against the seven robotic clans that rule this corner of the galaxy in <span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Looks awesome - No Man's Sky two decades early. Love everything about it but man those visuals. A bit tough to go back.

I saw this one listed in the Unofficially Official release thread and think a few other titles were mentioned (sequels). Are there more modern Parkans that maintain the gameplay of this one (RPG ship upgrades, Starcontrol mixed with FPS and space sim)?
wishlisted
I never heard of this. It looks interesting!
A pity I cannot stand the early 3D games with maybe one or two exceptions.
I always thought the first Parkan was more like a urban legend or something ;)
Please, rusky/CIS goggers: how's the overall experience, coming from someone who absolutely loved Parkan II?
Themken: A pity I cannot stand the early 3D games with maybe one or two exceptions.
BioForge's included on that list, right? ;P
Post edited June 28, 2016 by vicklemos
Oh, GOG still releases old games from time to time... Wishlisted. :D
Themken: A pity I cannot stand the early 3D games with maybe one or two exceptions.
vicklemos: BioForge's included on that list, right? ;P
Sorry to say, I never played that but looking at the pictures: possibly so.
Great game, great memories !
Instabuy!

BTW, GOG-team , waht about Parkan II & Iron Strategy ? =)
Weird, I never heard of this game back then.
vicklemos: I always thought the first Parkan was more like a urban legend or something ;)
Please, rusky/CIS goggers: how's the overall experience, coming from someone who absolutely loved Parkan II?
I've only ever heard of it as legend. The sequel doesn't even compare - being too scripted and repetitive. I can't believe it's officially been released here in English no less!

[EDIT] Wait, there's even an English manual! Didn't even know that existed!
Post edited June 28, 2016 by tremere110
This looks quite awesome. Why have I never heard of it?
If it is as buggy and boring as the second part I wouldn't want it even as a gift...
How great to see a classic release today! :D
The title is a bit funny for me- "parkan" is polish word for a wooden fence. Behold The Imperial Chronicles!