It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do androids dream of taking over the stars?

<span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, an intoxicating blend of space simulation with first-person action, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Parkan means "boomerang" and it happens to be the name of the spaceship you're riding. Rather fitting name for a vessel tasked with a rescue mission that backfired so spectacularly. But you're not one to give up so easily. Stranded on a network of war-ravaged planets being mined for resources by several mechanical tribes, you will immediately start planning on how to make the most of your unique situation. You can trade with these robotic people, colonize planets, intercept shipments, and fight for your place in this strange part of the galaxy. When not exploring space or breaking orbital defences aboard your Parkan, you will take a more hands-on approach and shoot your way through hostile locations in first-person. For sometimes, this is the only way to obtain the information or items necessary in order to take the upper hand.

Work with or against the seven robotic clans that rule this corner of the galaxy in <span class="bold">Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
deleted, realized I was reffering to Parkan 2.
Post edited June 29, 2016 by quixotecoyote
Awesome game, one of the best in my opinion. Played it for a couple hundred hours when it released :)). Whishlisted it for next sale, because I still have a physical copy.
Looks cool, although it shall have to reside on my wish-list for now I have a major amount of games to clear as it is!
Didn't know Iron Strategy was part of Parkan trilogy, and being more Battlezone-like on top of that.
Played it when they added it to gaming magazine Click but I got no 3d accelerator at that time.

While we're in the Eastern European part of theme - what's the situation with Deep Shadows games? They were available before but less and less key shops offered them and now they're gone.
What happened and does that mean they won't come to GOG?
drewpants: Looks cool, although it shall have to reside on my wish-list for now I have a major amount of games to clear as it is!
My thought exactly.

Question to people that have played this, can you force/add Anti-Aliasing? Those 3D models have some bad jaggies, I don't mind the graphics per se as long as I can hide the jaggies.
Thunderbringer: Anyone tried to run it in wine (linux or os x)?
There are some issues getting it to run due to what seems like codec issues; also you may have to disable hardware acceleration too. I'm seriously thinking of picking this up to see if I can get it to work.
Nice to see a more obscure old game show up here. Makes me wish GOG and Tommo/Retroism would finally come to an agreement to bring the missing Steam games here (some of which are semi-obscure I think), or GOG would let Night Dive bring ZAR 1 & 2 finally.
tfishell: ZAR 1 & 2
ZAR looks kinda meh at first, I say.
Then you give it a go and you're suddenly into an amazing fps, I say.
I say: GOG, give us our ZAR ;D
This... this is beautiful. *_*

Awesome to discover another 2.5D first person game I've never heard of. Apparently quite an ambitious and original one at that.
Maxvorstadt: Interesting! I didn`t know that there were russian games between Tetris and Stalker.
JudasIscariot: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is Ukrainian :P
Speaking of Ukranian free-form FPS games:
Are there any plans to bring the games by Deep Shadows to GOG anytime soon?
XYCat: There was this russian game with driveable vehicles. It was like 1999 or early 2000. I can't remember what it was lol :D
I guess you mean Vangers? It's available on Steam, enjoy!
XYCat: There was this russian game with driveable vehicles. It was like 1999 or early 2000. I can't remember what it was lol :D
daishi424: I guess you mean It's available on Steam, enjoy! <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_parkan_the_imperial_chronicles_bb047/post56" class="link_arrow"></a></div> It's also available [url=https://www.gog.com/game/vangers]here.
daishi424: I guess you mean Vangers? It's available on Steam, enjoy!
no it was a 3D game with mechs and stuff
Post edited July 01, 2016 by tfishell
JMich: It's also available here.
tfishell: But why buy it here when you can buy it on Steam and have all your games in one place?! /s
Here not?