It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All the good, all the bad, none the ugly.

<span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, a real hog-killing time, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

The technical success of Star Wars: Dark Forces and its "Jedi" engine paved way for this solidly designed, beautifully hand drawn first person shooter. The art and sounds are half the reason to pick up <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>. The other half is the same kind of old-school run'n'gun FPS gameplay you know and love, but higher difficulties will call for a more calculated approach where every bullets counts. That goes both ways, so cover, stealth and your revolver will get plenty acquainted. <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span> offers a single-player campaign with high quality hand-drawn cutscenes, as well as a series of individual challenge maps to hone your trigger finger.

See and hear gaming's classic wild-west spectacle with <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com.
I managed to run it in Wine 1.7.12 (it's broken in later versions). But there is no music in game.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by shmerl
Grargar: No Soccorro or IronArcturus yet in sight.
Busy playing the crap out of that game! Jeeeezis!!!

But i did cry and scream like a fangirl.
Grargar: No Soccorro or IronArcturus yet in sight.
Soccorro: Busy playing the crap out of that game! Jeeeezis!!!

Oh there you are! :D

Yes, I noticed you in the other thread. Took you a while to show up.

Grargar: Yes, I noticed you in the other thread. Took you a while to show up.
yeah, i wasn't home, had some shitty gps connection on my phone. my reaction upon seeing outlaws on the front page (after 2 minutes of loading) scared away the poor woman that was sitting next to me :D
Soccorro: yeah, i wasn't home, had some shitty gps connection on my phone. my reaction upon seeing outlaws on the front page (after 2 minutes of loading) scared away the poor woman that was sitting next to me :D
Hahahaha! :D
DON'T BE A FOOL, MARSHALL
Grargar: Yes, I noticed you in the other thread. Took you a while to show up.
Soccorro: yeah, i wasn't home, had some shitty gps connection on my phone. my reaction upon seeing outlaws on the front page (after 2 minutes of loading) scared away the poor woman that was sitting next to me :D
Outlaws! Wooooo! :)
IronArcturus: Outlaws! Wooooo! :)
Outlaaawwwwsssss!!! OUUTLAAAAWWWSS!!! WE MADE IT IRONARCTURUS! WE MADE IT BABY!
Does music play in game for anyone?
shmerl: Does music play in game for anyone?
The music plays at the start of the level for me (Win7), but for some reason when I try to save and go to the Menu Screen, the music then stops. The only way I can get it back is by restarting the level.
shmerl: Does music play in game for anyone?
IronArcturus: The music plays at the start of the level for me (Win7), but for some reason when I try to save and go to the Menu Screen, the music then stops. The only way I can get it back is by restarting the level.
It doesn't play to me in Wine, at least if I interrupt the intro. I didn't try without interrupting it.
Finally got past level 1. The boss was ridiculous: open, door, boom, dead, reload. Rinse and repeat a few times. Also in some other regular situations I seem to get gunned down in practically no time without me even having time to react. Auto-aim and crosshairs are a must because every little helps. I don't even want to know how fiendishly difficult it becomes in hard mode.

Tried the first level again on easy and it's ludicrously easy in comparison. Hell, I can stand still in front of an outlaw and he can take forever gunning me down, while on medium I'd be dead within a few seconds. Could have used a little more balancing. At the same time, it is fun running around and mowing them down with my six shooter. :)

Love the cutscenes, music, audio, and gameplay otherwise. I think I shall simply restart on easy for now and disable auto-aim and crosshairs.

Regarding the screenshots on the gamecard: seriously, GOG, you can't do better than that? I mean really, those are some of the fugliest captures on the entire site with its stretchiness and blurriness. Thankfully there is an out-of-game option to turn off sprite/texture smoothing on close-up, which looks miles better then those beer-goggle enemies.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by mistermumbles
IronArcturus: The music plays at the start of the level for me (Win7), but for some reason when I try to save and go to the Menu Screen, the music then stops. The only way I can get it back is by restarting the level.
shmerl: It doesn't play to me in Wine, at least if I interrupt the intro. I didn't try without interrupting it.
Are you able to edit your Save file names at all? For some reason I can't get the Backspace button to work when I save the game in Outlaws. Delete doesn't seem to work either.
I heard so many people praising this game. I'm happy it's been rescued and I'll give it a try someday.