It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All the good, all the bad, none the ugly.

<span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, a real hog-killing time, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

The technical success of Star Wars: Dark Forces and its "Jedi" engine paved way for this solidly designed, beautifully hand drawn first person shooter. The art and sounds are half the reason to pick up <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>. The other half is the same kind of old-school run'n'gun FPS gameplay you know and love, but higher difficulties will call for a more calculated approach where every bullets counts. That goes both ways, so cover, stealth and your revolver will get plenty acquainted. <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span> offers a single-player campaign with high quality hand-drawn cutscenes, as well as a series of individual challenge maps to hone your trigger finger.

See and hear gaming's classic wild-west spectacle with <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com.
JudasIscariot: As for mutli not being officially supported: it requires the use of third-party software beyond our control and we can't officially support it as I am sure we'd get some support tickets asking for a refund or support simply because some folks might not know how to make Hamachi or GameRanger work.
Well, yeah, my actual point was that the lack of multiplayer on the gamecard makes it sound like the mode is completely beyond repair on modern systems. If Gameranger automatically makes the game work in multiplayer it means that generally Outlaws' multiplayer still works and is compatible even with modern OSes (after all, Gameranger doesn't add any functionality to the games themselves, it just automatically sets things up).

And yeah, will try sending a support ticket concerning the music but I'd want to take a look at my original version first, just to confirm that this exact song should indeed play then (and to see what happens depending on which CD is in the drive). I have to set things up again first, though, because your installer overwrote my manually crafted registry entries for Outlaws. So much wasted effort... you jerks. ;(
Post edited March 21, 2015 by F4LL0UT
JudasIscariot: As for mutli not being officially supported: it requires the use of third-party software beyond our control and we can't officially support it as I am sure we'd get some support tickets asking for a refund or support simply because some folks might not know how to make Hamachi or GameRanger work.
F4LL0UT: Well, yeah, my actual point was that the lack of multiplayer on the gamecard makes it sound like the mode is completely beyond repair on modern systems. If Gameranger automatically makes the game work in multiplayer it means that generally Outlaws' multiplayer still works and is compatible even with modern OSes (after all, Gameranger doesn't add any functionality to the games themselves, it just automatically sets things up).
The game's official multiplayer mode does not work for whatever reason. By official, I mean the one you would select from its main menu and use without additional software. Whether it's beyond repair or not, I can't say.

Also, please notice that in order to get any semblance of multiplayer it is necessary to use programs that simulate a LAN environment. Sure, for most people it's automatic and easy to set up but there's always the possibility that it won't work for someone.
Why music stopping when pausing the game?(For examle, I press Esc and then return to game-music don't play)
Post edited March 21, 2015 by stasongrom
stasongrom: Why music stopping when pausing the game?(For examle, I press Esc and then return to game-music don't play)
Well, the music pausing is how it's always been (unless something went wrong and it would just continue to play). The problem is the music not contiuing when you resume the game.
drumboom: Press Alt+T.
stasongrom: Thanks man, great thanks. You save me, becouse I have subtitles on russian, but I forget how activate them.
But the gamecard only says English subs and audio?
Post edited March 21, 2015 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: But the gamecard only says English subs and audio?
Sounds like he got them from somewhere else, maybe a fan translation even.
Post edited March 21, 2015 by F4LL0UT
MarkoH01: But the gamecard only says English subs and audio?
F4LL0UT: Sounds like he got them from somewhere else, maybe a fan translation even.
Yes it is fan translation. And yes problem is the music not contiuing when I resume the game. I mean this is but my english is bad:)
Post edited March 21, 2015 by stasongrom
So, what's the step-by-step way of getting LAN to work? I used to make it work on the original cd release under Windows7 x64, but I've forgotten how I did it now!
F4LL0UT: Well, yeah, my actual point was that the lack of multiplayer on the gamecard makes it sound like the mode is completely beyond repair on modern systems. If Gameranger automatically makes the game work in multiplayer it means that generally Outlaws' multiplayer still works and is compatible even with modern OSes (after all, Gameranger doesn't add any functionality to the games themselves, it just automatically sets things up).

And yeah, will try sending a support ticket concerning the music but I'd want to take a look at my original version first, just to confirm that this exact song should indeed play then (and to see what happens depending on which CD is in the drive). I have to set things up again first, though, because your installer overwrote my manually crafted registry entries for Outlaws. So much wasted effort... you jerks. ;(
I can confirm the music bug as well. Whenever the player presses Esc to enter the main menu the music will stop. The only way to "fix" this is to restart the level.
IronArcturus: I can confirm the music bug as well. Whenever the player presses Esc to enter the main menu the music will stop. The only way to "fix" this is to restart the level.
That's not quite correct. The next track automatically starts to play the moment the previous song would have ended. Of course that won't occur to people who save/load a lot.
F4LL0UT: That's not quite correct. The next track automatically starts to play the moment the previous song would have ended. Of course that won't occur to people who save/load a lot.
Yeah that's the issue: I do tend to save a lot in FPS games, and it's just annoying that every time I save the music has to stop. I have noticed that if the track ends and then I quickly enter the menu, sometimes the next track will start but not always. I wonder if GOG could fix that weird music bug.
shmerl: Soundtrack (created by Clint Bajakian) is definitely great and inspired by Ennio Morricone's works.

Original game had audio CD tracks (which you could copy into lossless FLAC or whatever). GOG release has Vorbis compressed music at 320 Kbps, which is a huge overkill, Vorbis is better than MP3 and doesn't require such insane bitrate for audio transparency. Something at level of 170-200 Kbps already could have been enough.

Still, it's not lossless, so you can't reencode to let's say Opus without losing quality. So I hope GOG will add FLAC version to the game extras.
darthspudius: Not everyone wants the over sized, mostly unsupported format that really doesn't add much to the music itself.
If you don't want it, feel free not to use it. However It doesn't hurt for GOG to provide it in extras for those who do want it. FLAC is supported everywhere except in crippled Apple players. So "mostly unsupported" is completely false. If you are iOS user you can get VLC by the way.

FLAC is not intended for playback anyway, but for lossless master backup. You can reencode it for playback to any codec you want using any settings you want, like setting the transparency level for example.

Niggles: Can someone "sell me" on Outlaws and why its worth purchase? never heard of this game from back in the day an wonder why so many GOGgites wanted it?
One of the rare Western games with interesting (LucasArts level) story and music on par with Ennio Morricone's timeless classics.
Post edited March 22, 2015 by shmerl
darthspudius: Not everyone wants the over sized, mostly unsupported format that really doesn't add much to the music itself.
You know that GOG doesn't force you to download bonus extras that you don't want, right?

The "Combined bonus content pack" button is only there for convenience -- you can actually click the individual items listed below, to download each one independently. So if there's something you don't want, then don't download it.
TheOutlawDad

Maps , files .
IronArcturus: I wonder if GOG could fix that weird music bug.
Yeah, I'm also hoping that they'll figure this one out. Considering how brilliant and important the music is in Outlaws this is almost game breaking.