It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All the good, all the bad, none the ugly.

<span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, a real hog-killing time, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

The technical success of Star Wars: Dark Forces and its "Jedi" engine paved way for this solidly designed, beautifully hand drawn first person shooter. The art and sounds are half the reason to pick up <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>. The other half is the same kind of old-school run'n'gun FPS gameplay you know and love, but higher difficulties will call for a more calculated approach where every bullets counts. That goes both ways, so cover, stealth and your revolver will get plenty acquainted. <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span> offers a single-player campaign with high quality hand-drawn cutscenes, as well as a series of individual challenge maps to hone your trigger finger.

See and hear gaming's classic wild-west spectacle with <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com.
Soccorro: Why wait? :D
Again? Are you handing out free Outlaws copies to everyone you see? :P
Grargar: Again? Are you handing out free Outlaws copies to everyone you see? :P
I can't let people wait any longer! It's here on GOG.com!
MulderYuffie: Going to try and grab this as soon as next month rolls around wish I could get it today only got like $2 on my card left lol but it's so nice to finally see it here never got to get very far into it way back when like at the train I think? Love the artstyle and all these old fps games but I remember really enjoying it and i'm happy to see all these posts about it here on the forums GOG is doing great work i'm telling you. I hope you all are enjoying this classic!
Just moved literally no money left I am disabled and get a monthly check which is why I said as soon as next month comes around. What is on my debit from my old bank is all I got right now which is like $2.57 or something like that lol. Luckily I will have roommmates and will have plenty of money then.

Edit: Thank you very much it is greatly appreciated! :)
Post edited March 20, 2015 by MulderYuffie
Grargar: Again? Are you handing out free Outlaws copies to everyone you see? :P
Soccorro: I can't let people wait any longer! It's here on GOG.com!
Yes, it is here - but why is the German version not included? The dub in this game was quite good and I really hope it will be released too.
I'd like to get this game but I've also noticed a number of posts in the community forum about issues with the music not playing after saving and with the game not having the best graphical settings available (8 sprite directions instead of 4) due to the use of nglide. Is this the case for everyone or are they just isolated cases?
My friend worked for LucasArts.

So I still have the boxed copy of Outlaws and the long-sleeved LucasArts shirt he gave me years ago.

I think it's best I don't play it again and tamper with happy memories. I can still listen to the excellent music, though.
grimwerk: My friend worked for LucasArts.

So I still have the boxed copy of Outlaws and the long-sleeved LucasArts shirt he gave me years ago.

I think it's best I don't play it again and tamper with happy memories. I can still listen to the excellent music, though.
It has aged well :)
There's solution about sprite direction. Open file called "olcfg" in main folder. Click Advance button, and choose Maintain all sprite direction. On the first level, look on cow or horse :) About music... yes it's not playing after saving, but just load game and music will play again. Music bug should be fixed by GoG. Sorry for my english. It's not may native language. Anyway, buy and play this amazing game!
Post edited March 20, 2015 by drumboom
drumboom: There's solution about sprite direction. Open file called "olcfg" in main folder. Click Advance button, and choose Maintain all sprite direction. On the first level, look on cow or horse :) About music... yes it's not playing after saving, but just load game and music will play again. Music bug should be fixed by GoG. Sorry for my english. It's not may native language. Anyway, buy and play this amazing game!
Isnt 8 sprite directions better than 4???
Ithink 8 sprites is better. Animals have got more animations.
oldschool: Outlaws still one of the most compelling soundtracks, even by today"s standards. Where are you Marshall? Sorry, I couldn't help myself 8).
shmerl: Soundtrack (created by Clint Bajakian) is definitely great and inspired by Ennio Morricone's works.

Original game had audio CD tracks (which you could copy into lossless FLAC or whatever). GOG release has Vorbis compressed music at 320 Kbps, which is a huge overkill, Vorbis is better than MP3 and doesn't require such insane bitrate for audio transparency. Something at level of 170-200 Kbps already could have been enough.

Still, it's not lossless, so you can't reencode to let's say Opus without losing quality. So I hope GOG will add FLAC version to the game extras.
Not everyone wants the over sized, mostly unsupported format that really doesn't add much to the music itself.
The gameplay footage I saw when I looked this up was pretty neat. I like the hand-drawn looking style. Definitely on my wishlist. I think it's really neat how GOG is bringing so many new faces to DRM-free-ness thanks to LucasArts.
MarkoH01: Yes, it is here - but why is the German version not included? The dub in this game was quite good and I really hope it will be released too.
The crazy thing is, the first version released in Germany was in English, only the box and manual were in German. Many years later I discovered a fully localized German version and I have NO idea when that one was released/made. The only localized version I've seen came in a DVD case and must have been released MANY years after the original release. I certainly only saw that one in ~2006.
Post edited March 21, 2015 by F4LL0UT
Can someone "sell me" on Outlaws and why its worth purchase? never heard of this game from back in the day an wonder why so many GOGgites wanted it?
Niggles: Can someone "sell me" on Outlaws and why its worth purchase? never heard of this game from back in the day an wonder why so many GOGgites wanted it?
Fancy cutscenes, nice levels, proper sniper rifle (that winchester-y thing), cool bosses, western atmosphere, cool firemodes (you can either fire you revolver slowly which is more accurate or just go bangbangbangbang) and it's a wild f***ing morricone clint eastwood hang em high western styled game.